Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Poly Balls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexy Poly Balls
    Posted: 02/01/2015 at 7:16pm
I've had a chance to play three times (~6 hours) with Nexy seamless poly balls (courtesy of Nexy USA www.Nexyusa.com) , that are made by XSF under a private label arrangement.  I also gave two balls for a test drive to an experienced 2600 level player.  Our observations were very similar:

- The balls are high quality (round, consistent bounce), similar to XSF and Nittaku Premium
- The Nexy balls play similar to XSF, but feel slightly heavier and slower and bounce a little lower than XSF.
- Durability appears to be pretty good - better than XSF based on my limited experience - I haven't broken any balls, and the other tester broke one. 

Edited by VictorK - 02/01/2015 at 10:28pm
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 7:18pm
They would also be xsf right?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

They would also be xsf right?

I'm not sure I understand your question - can you restate it?

As I mentioned in my original post, these balls are made by XSF under Nexy name.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 7:30pm
My first time looking at the nexus site. I like how they tell you up front that it's a palm leaf. :)

$14 per box of 6? Yowsa!

Edited by cole_ely - 02/01/2015 at 7:37pm

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 7:39pm
I see it. The comparison to xsf threw me later in the post.

viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 8:43pm
just ordered some hoping they play as well as XSF !
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 8:58pm
Also had a chance to play with it Friday , maybe the same if not better then the Nittakus but for sure better then Joola , DHS , double fish
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 10:46pm

My first time looking at the nexus site. I like how they tell you up front that it's a palm leaf. :)

$14 per box of 6? Yowsa!

There would be a huge internet buzz if that wasn't straightened out, but you still see people in clubs look at your bag and ask why the heck you are doing with a leaf on bag and shoes and shirt. It's OK, that makes a good opportunity to talk and have some fun.

Your Yinhe Poly balls seem to be from same factory and your price is nice (and you are nice as well). Nexy Korea president had XSF cook those Poly Balls up with a different formula and they are not exact composition and specs as the XSF, Pr. Moon asked for and got a heavier feeling and performing ball.

Compared to almost $18 for a similar quality and performance (EDIT: for the other big name seamless non-XSF factory Poly Ball), $14 is still a pretty good deal. The CEO (Bogey REALLY hates being called that !) just put up a coupon for $4 off a 6er pack.

4offPball  is the code.

I still got a Yinhe ball from PP Holic from my last match vs him. The ball you gave me Cole is with some Soldier somewhere.

Edited by BH-Man - 02/02/2015 at 1:49am
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 11:22pm
I need to order asap !! $10 is a great deal for the Nexy ball , BH is correct , it heavier and have a nicer bounce , you can put some crazy spin on serves , ask Boogy I had issue returning his serves all night
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 11:27pm
How much lower is the bounce compared to XSF?
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 3:42am
NUMBERS, PLEASE.   NUMBERS BEST TRUSTY.

It sounds utterly IMPLAUSIBLE that Nexy balls differ in weight from other ball brands under XSF license.

XSF did emailed to me in most open words
-- All our seamless balls will obey very well every ITTF requirement, diameter, bounce, weight, etc.

I only trust in numbers, I look to hear an expert voice, I need the man able to operate with high precision balance to 0,01 gramme , with a dozen of Nexy balls.   
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 9:27am
It's also hard for me to believe Nexy spec'd a heavier ball.  Sounds like marketing speak to me.  But hey, maybe.

bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 9:54am
I never tried XSF.
Played last Friday with Nittaku "made in Japan" one and Nexy.

Nexy(brand new) was heavier than (used) Nittaku.
Nittaku bounced very good too. I'd love Nittaku if I were a classic defender. It feels light and slow = harder for my pop to finish the point.
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 9:55am

It's also hard for me to believe Nexy spec'd a heavier ball.  Sounds like marketing speak to me.  But hey, maybe.

Since I didn't do scientific measurements (weight, size, hardness, etc) I can't opine on the balls' physical properties, but I could clearly feel some differences between the Nexy  and XSF balls in the way they behaved during rallies ... and so did other four experience players (>2100) who tried it at our club, which I summarized in my initial post.

Btw, the differences didn't make one ball "better" than the other, as some players preferred the Nexy ball while others XSF.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 11:40am
I agree that the actual weight isn't likely a lot heavier, but the composition can make the ball FEEL heavier and more solid.

When I get my two 6er packs this week, I will weigh them on calibrated scale several times altogether to get averages.

I think it is the construction that makes it feel that way like Pr. Moon describes.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 12:57pm
I think a different formulation would technically have to have a separate ittf approval, no?

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 1:51pm
My experience having people I know test balls blind (including some 2500-2600 players) that I had previously weighed accurately is that they can't really sense the weight of the ball accurately when playing with it.  They know something is different but they describe it in different ways.  I have had some people even say they felt like the Nittaku 40+ Japan ball is heavier and "more solid" even though it is by far the lightest plastic ball in existence.  Balls that bounce low can feel heavier, the phenomenon may be a bit like the heavier feel you get when you try to kick a ball that is not quite inflated fully.  I am not sure what all goes into that.

If Nexy really is heavier, that is a problem moving forward unless ITTF changes their cutoff for weight in 2016.  XSF currently meets those standards, but if they got very much heavier at all they would not.

If the Nexy ball is a different formulation than XSF, ITTF will have to approve it separately.  I would like to see results of several lots of the ball before I automatically assumed that they were systematically different all the time, though.  Also am curious about manufacture date of the Nexy balls that were tested.

I have not tried a Nexy ball myself. 
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 2:10pm
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the Nexy ball is identical in composition to the XSF and the Yinhe ball with the only difference being the label stamped on the ball. Since each brand label is different, technically speaking the ball is very very very slightly different in weight due to a little more or a little less ink in the stamp design. I think the ball itself, before the brand stamp is applied is identical.

They are all three excellent though and clearly the best of the new balls (IMHO).
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 3:58pm
I can't imagine the ink would make a discernible difference in weight -- just guessing, at most a milligram, probably less.  I am guessing if there is difference it is lot variation.  These are collectively better than all the other balls out there, though.  That is the important thing, and I agree with you.
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 4:51pm
Heavier and lower bounce = thicker wall, which should not be hard to do in seamless ball manufacturing.

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 5:03pm
Also, well-worn XSF balls feel lighter than brand-new ones to me.

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I can't imagine the ink would make a discernible difference in weight -- just guessing, at most a milligram, probably less.  I am guessing if there is difference it is lot variation.  These are collectively better than all the other balls out there, though.  That is the important thing, and I agree with you.

Certainly not discernible to me. However, some players I know seem to be able to detect the atmospheric differences in clubs, subtle variations between red and black rubbers, and 1 gram distinctions in blades. So, I didn't want to presume that they could not discern an infinitesimal weight difference due to brand stamp differences. Wink

On the lot variation idea, I suppose it would be determined by the machine calibration in the factory. I'd be surprised if there is any change from lot to lot given the millions of identical balls they are designed to produce.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 7:23pm
Yes, but I think all those things you mentioned (altitude, red vs. black, 1 gram in a blade) would be a substantially larger effect proportionately than the weight changes caused by different labels on the ball. 

Like I said, I would like to know when the Nexys were made and compared them to XSF made at the same time.
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 8:32pm
This discussion is becoming a little too too scientific for me to follow.

IMO, the best way to test balls is just to get few different brands, play with them for a while and see how they FEEL.  If they feel the same and are round and bounce consistently, than great, you're indifferent and can choose/buy based on price, durability and availability. If they feel different, than choose the brand that feels best to you and/or is used in tournaments you're planning to play.

As for myself, I definitely can feel the difference between Nexy, XSF and Nittaku Premium, but I really don't care whether it's the weight, hardness, size, color (Nittaku is matte) or label (Lol), but I do care about the roundness, consistency of bounce, durability and whether they affect my strokes ("feel natural") and fun of playing.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 11:41pm
I agree Victor, it is best to just play with them and see which ones you like.  I have never played with Nexy so don't know what they are like, and I can easily tell difference between Nittaku Premium and XSF (which are both very good but noticeably different from each other).  I prefer XSF to Nittaku Premium, but I can be happy playing with either one.  I won't use Chinese seamed balls anymore. 

The question is, though, how consistent is the difference between XSF and Nexy, also how big of a difference is there in the bounce height (since you mention that Nexy is lower)?  That's not particularly scientific.  It's a simple question and the reason I ask is because I am curious as to whether the difference you report is something about specs for the Nexy ball, or, alternatively, a difference they are making in all of the seamless balls that maybe relates to date of production.  SO that's why I asked if you know what month the Nexys were made?  There should be a four letter code on the box, probably two of the letters are AD.  I would be curious if the others are AC, AD, or something else.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2015 at 3:38am
Let me intervene here for a while.

Here I have several pictures, and you can have a look on them, and will be able to find what is good with NEXY ball against balls with seam.

You can see the thickness of the ball inside is not even.

And you need to check what is the shape of the seam inside.

(Left one is NEXY's part, and the other one is from other brand, DHS.)

Do you have any idea about the ball with seam?

Edited by Nexy - 02/03/2015 at 3:40am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2015 at 3:45am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I agree Victor, it is best to just play with them and see which ones you like.  I have never played with Nexy so don't know what they are like, and I can easily tell difference between Nittaku Premium and XSF (which are both very good but noticeably different from each other).  I prefer XSF to Nittaku Premium, but I can be happy playing with either one.  I won't use Chinese seamed balls anymore. 

The question is, though, how consistent is the difference between XSF and Nexy, also how big of a difference is there in the bounce height (since you mention that Nexy is lower)?  That's not particularly scientific.  It's a simple question and the reason I ask is because I am curious as to whether the difference you report is something about specs for the Nexy ball, or, alternatively, a difference they are making in all of the seamless balls that maybe relates to date of production.  SO that's why I asked if you know what month the Nexys were made?  There should be a four letter code on the box, probably two of the letters are AD.  I would be curious if the others are AC, AD, or something else.

I can answer to the question.
It's not about the timing when we made the ball.

XSF had been making many technical developments over two years, but their experiments stopped last year fall.
And each brand has it's own recipe, according to their philosophy and taste.

NEXY cherishes "feeling and movement".
So, NEXY made a ball with good feeling and good movement.

XSF will be more interested in making a ball quite different from DHS.
So, their ball has higher bounce and light movement.

I am pretty sure that NEXY ball is the best in the world at this moment.
I will share more ideas soon in my diary thread, as well as here.

Edited by Nexy - 02/03/2015 at 4:30am
Brand Manager of NEXY
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2015 at 3:45am
Nexy,

No one is really concerned with the comparision between Nexy (seamless) and DHS (seamed).  What we are wondering is whether there is any difference between XSF (original seamless brand) and Nexy (another seamless brand) with regard to formulation, how this is possible for XSF to do in their factory and what it means for seamless balls in general.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2015 at 3:48am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Nexy,

No one is really concerned with the comparision between Nexy (seamless) and DHS (seamed).  What we are wondering is whether there is any difference between XSF (original seamless brand) and Nexy (another seamless brand) with regard to formulation, how this is possible for XSF to do in their factory and what it means for seamless balls in general.

Thank you. I just wanted to set a place where we can start our talk.
But you are ahead of me, and I am glad to know that.

It's quite well known for TT brands that Chinese factories can make different balls with different recipies.
So, basically, Chinese factories have different levels for balls, and different recipes per balls.

If you want to check more about the uniqueness of NEXY ball from other seamless balls, then there could be several ways.

You can compare the color of the ball, because when we put some chemicals to change the character, that affects on the final color of the ball.

And you can burn it to check the chemicals added.
Even though it's very small quantity, it leaves some difference on the smoke and time for buring.

So, NEXY has a unique recipe, and that will tell what is different from XSF.

Edited by Nexy - 02/03/2015 at 3:52am
Brand Manager of NEXY
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2015 at 4:10am
nexy ball is one of the best poly ball i have used. also very durable compared to dhs poly ball
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic