FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Calling all rubber scientists!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calling all rubber scientists!
    Posted: 02/26/2015 at 2:49pm
I know they're have been previous threads regarding rubber compability etc, however most of those threads are old.  Right now I want some inputs on what rubber would benefit me the most.
Currently Im on a Hayabusa ZXi and My Maxed out Omega IV pro's are fully controllable. Need something faster. I prefer to stay on table to push and block, but if need be I like to step 3-4 ft away from table and let it rip. Dip and Rip from both wings. These rubbers imo are super durable. Im hoping for something faster or just as faster, if cheaper, that is hopefully just as durable. Im welcome to Chinese rubbers as well. All suggestions are welcome.
I dont have an official rating but higher ups have told me I'd be around a 1800+. I've beaten all 1700s I've come across.
Hoping to stay under 45-50$.
Thank you for your time.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 2:57pm
Geez, those are already very fast rubbers on a fast blade. If you want faster, I'd recommend saving your money and tuning them.

Edited by slevin - 02/26/2015 at 2:57pm
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Geez, those are already very fast rubbers on a fast blade. If you want faster, I'd recommend saving your money and tuning them.

Yeah for real. He's already using equipment equal to or faster than what top pros are using. At that point, improving technique is what he needs, not faster rubber.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 3:33pm
lol damn. I guess It's because they've worn out over the months. Hence i figured, maybe there's something better suited to my style.

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 3:37pm
Asifgunz seriously if you would read your own text you might notice that this is stupid.If you can fully control your max rubbers you could just beat all the players because you'd hit everything and it would be too fast for your opponent.and you would beat those 2000+ also.the guys that just want insanely fast equipment are not going the right way.if you would Control those rubbers fully you could just win every match because no one would return your shots.So what is the reason why you loose against 2000+ players?
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

lol damn. I guess It's because they've worn out over the months. Hence i figured, maybe there's something better suited to my style.

I'd say just get new sheets or upgrade to Omega 5 at most.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 3:54pm
Hayabusa ZXi with Omega IV Pro is already a rocket. Something is wrong with your technique if you don't have enough power from that setup. Maybe choose a slower blade or rubber combo, and then you can take a bigger swing and get more power that way?
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 4:24pm
Acuda s1 turbo is cheap fast spinny and somehow underrated. Buy one...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Asifgunz seriously if you would read your own text you might notice that this is stupid.If you can fully control your max rubbers you could just beat all the players because you'd hit everything and it would be too fast for your opponent.and you would beat those 2000+ also.the guys that just want insanely fast equipment are not going the right way.if you would Control those rubbers fully you could just win every match because no one would return your shots.So what is the reason why you loose against 2000+ players?

You seem a bit on the edge sir. Everything okay at home ? I only asked if there's something better. I don't really appreciate you trying to put me down.

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Hayabusa ZXi with Omega IV Pro is already a rocket. Something is wrong with your technique if you don't have enough power from that setup. Maybe choose a slower blade or rubber combo, and then you can take a bigger swing and get more power that way?

perhaps i got too used to the heavy 19 ply sanwei 1091. You have a point there! I will definately take it into account

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 5:31pm
I just don't understand those guys like you who say they want faster equipment why pros don't have that fast of a racket and they still have enough power to power throu balls.i mean if you are able to control those rubbers you must have an awesome technic I just wonder why you need faster equipment?Are your rallies to long or what?i mean even with viscaria tenergy 2.1 speed glued I don't have to even hit hard I can just touch the ball a bit far off the table and it will still be fast (which I don't use because I like to put some own force into my strokes and you shouldn't have too fast of a blade higher up
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 5:37pm
 Maybe I like my paddle to be so fast that even I cant see the ball. You and I aren't the same people. Hence, we have different preferences.

AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 5:40pm

Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

You seem a bit on the edge sir. Everything okay at home ? I only asked if there's something better. I don't really appreciate you trying to put me down.

The point is you with faster equipment than the best players in the world, who btw have been stepping down to something slower to control the ball better. So when someone with maybe 1/100 the skill level says they have control over some super pro setup it makes people roll their eyes.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 5:48pm
Exacly and also if even you do not see the ball or close to that you would be a pro because there is no way to return it.Of course you would always win with one topspin and you would have good convos tench cause you can control it
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 6:00pm
This topic is the next curious I am watching these days!
It seems 2015th will be full with happy topics Big smile
Once I visited a club where nobody knew my rating, but everyone noticed my paddle was too slow for them ( M.Maze + T05) LOL
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 6:07pm
[s] >2.0 mm [/s] never again !

ATTENTION PLEASE, the truth disclosed now.

FOR YOUR SPECIAL BENEFIT, SINCERE REVELATION FROM AN OLD SOLDIER.

The thick sponge over 2 MM willl spoil your performance badly, due to being entirely uncontrollable   
    This tempered mid-thick sponge 1.7 is the golden choice, happy choice. This is the very thickness to offer you speed spin and SUPERB Control at once.
    1.5_ 1.7_ 1.7_ 1.7_ 1.7_ 1.7_ 1.7_ 1.5 1.7 BE_HAPPY.

NO CONTROL NO GAME.   this is the truth nobody seemingly understand, excepting two humans living Me and Mr. Stojev of Bulgaria rubber technologist. Yes.

this is the sacral truth I have now got from my personal experience.

Edited by igorponger - 02/26/2015 at 6:33pm
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 9:33pm
guys, I am not calling myself a pro. All I'm saying is that I can control double Omega IV pros maxed out. Jeez! 

Edit: nd hayabusa zxi with double Omegas arent even super pro set up lol. It feels considerably slower than my 19 ply sanwei 1091. I just want to use the hayabusa for its weight and nice ass look!

Edited by asifgunz - 02/26/2015 at 9:35pm

dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2015 at 5:59am
@asifgunz
Is it too slow at active strokes or passive strokes?
If it's too slow at active strokes possible cause could be heavy weight.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2015 at 4:08pm
i thought heavy weight would benefit active strokes? I mean 2x max Omega IV's are pretty heavy by the definition of many people.

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 1:55am

guys, I am not calling myself a pro. All I'm saying is that I can control double Omega IV pros maxed out. Jeez! 

And this is whats causing people to react. I think it all comes down to how we define control. If control is keeping the ball on the table or if control is to be able to loop at full speed to desired position on the table multiple times. Lets not forget about the short game either, thats also about control.

Asifgunz, I used to think I could control speed glued Juic Couga, but my definition of control have changed. The fun part is, once I changed to slower gear, I managed to increase the speed on my shots, cause I could use full swing. Not saying this is the case with you, as Ive never seen you play, but Im guessing this is why people react when you say you can control Max Omega.

Ive been out of the EJ:ing for to long to give you any actual advice of faster rubbers, all I can say is that Stiga Calibra is the fastast rubber Ive tried lately but dont know how that compared to Omega.
The holy grail
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 2:24am
When I play double inverted I play with DHS Neo FH and IQUL 1.8 MM on my BH.   I think all the DHS Neos are about the same.  They aren't fast but they last.   IQUL is a very good BH rubber.  There is nothing fancy about with proper technique it is possible to hit BH loops that jump off the table low and fast toward the opponent.

Technique and consistency trumps equipment.

Too many people believe the false advertising claims of the TT manufacturers.
Too many are lead to believe that a faster or spinner rubber or paddle will solve their problems.  It won't.

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 2:14pm
pnachtwey, thanks for your advice. I always welcome Decartes' in my discussion.

AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 3:27pm

i thought heavy weight would benefit active strokes? I mean 2x max Omega IV's are pretty heavy by the definition of many people.

Heavy weight just means you need heavier swing for the same contact speed.

People better than you just contact the ball much faster more reliably. That has little to do with equipment, and if anything easier with lighter better controlled racket.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2015 at 4:33pm
Maybe you could post a video of you playing?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic