Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ESN rubbers that don't shrink

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dorje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ESN rubbers that don't shrink
    Posted: 03/02/2015 at 4:57am
It seems rubbers that smell of boosters like to shrink and lose their properties after booster evaporate. I like Tibhar Evolution rubbers when they are new, but they fade away quite quickly and they shrink too. Only ESN rubber I know that don't shrink is Joola Rhyzm, but it's older generation.

Are there any recent ESN rubbers that don't shrink or don't smell of boosters?
Timo Boll Spirit An

Fh: Joola Rhyzm Max red

Bh: Tibhar Aurus Max black
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 5:19am
ESN rubbers with the distinctive smell definitely shrink as the booster wears off. Which ones use the booster seems pretty random to me. Here are some which don't have the smell, and don't seem to shrink much in my experience:

Donic Bluefire JP01/JP02/JP03
Adidas Tenzone Ultra / Tenzone Ultra SF
Joola Rhyzm/Rhyzm-P
Xiom Omega V range

Note that the Joola MAXX range does use the booster.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 5:53am
Both Rhyzm (425) and BF (JP03) shrink some, former being worse than the latter. I would think the other versions do as well. Worst offender I've met is indeed the Maxxx 450, yet I'm still playing with it. It smells strongly and recessed 2mm off the edge if my blade.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 6:18am
Which glue are you using Bran?
CipheR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CipheR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 7:26am
Xiom Musa?
ㅈㅈ지지ㅎㅎㅋㅋ
Nittaku Custom Blade
FH: Neo Hurricane 3 Provincial
BH: Xiom Musa
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 7:27am
Don't remember whether I used Finezip or TSP, probably TSP. I've just glued a new one with Revolution medium viscosity, I'll see if it's any better. It had no impact on playing quality anyway, and it happened over the course of 4 months.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

Don't remember whether I used Finezip or TSP, probably TSP. I've just glued a new one with Revolution medium viscosity, I'll see if it's any better. It had no impact on playing quality anyway, and it happened over the course of 4 months.

OK, cool. Just wondering if the glue could have had an effect for you, but it looks like it hasn't.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 5:01pm
THE EPOCH OVERTAKES ESN.

http://www.epoch-tt.com

EPOCH.
Renowned factory of China to develop pingpang sponge with tensored effect. They are truly experts at the tensor production..
BOMB labeled rubbers would emulate ESN products pretty well, best agreeable pricing.
stevenjlyang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjlyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 9:56pm
it is difficult to find one ESN rubber that don't shrink, especially recent version. because of the booster's property, something would evaporated. but why don't you chose T80, T05FX? i've chenged from ESN rubber to T80, T05FX. 
ZJK ALC 90g: T80 + T05FX
Boll ALC 89g: AIROC M + Calibra LT Spin
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

THE EPOCH OVERTAKES ESN.

http://www.epoch-tt.com

EPOCH.
Renowned factory of China to develop pingpang sponge with tensored effect. They are truly experts at the tensor production..
BOMB labeled rubbers would emulate ESN products pretty well, best agreeable pricing.

A little over $30 per sheet before accounting for the shipping.
Dorje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2015 at 9:15am
Topic - ESN rubbers that don't shrink
Posted: 02/03/2015 at 9:56pm By stevenjlyang
it is difficult to find one ESN rubber that don't shrink, especially recent version. because of the booster's property, something would evaporated. but why don't you chose T80, T05FX? i've chenged from ESN rubber to T80, T05FX. 

Because I refuse to pay more for one ping pong rubber than one rubber (tire) for my motorcycle.Cry
Timo Boll Spirit An

Fh: Joola Rhyzm Max red

Bh: Tibhar Aurus Max black
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2015 at 10:12pm
Omega IV pro doesnt smell out of the pack. have used 3 sheets of them in the past 4 years. Same goes for Sigma II pro. no smell on either, neither do they shrink. My one sheet of OmegaIV pro domed because I used wd40 on it, thinking it would restore lost properties of an old sheet. Others were fine.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic