Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Ball collection net

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orangecrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ball collection net
    Posted: 03/18/2015 at 3:34am
Hello members,

Gotta question for ya,all.

I have been looking into buying and or making a ball collection net for practicing my drills and serves. There are a couple of them out on the web, 1 from Paddle Palace that costs $80 bucks and identical to the Y&T collection net but for a lot cheaper.

The other is the Joola collection net that is around $50 bucks. But does not look like it would collect the balls as well as the Paddle Palace/Y&T collection net. You would have to look at both of them to see the difference.

Anyway, if anyone of you good members have either made a ball collection net. Or bought one of the collection nets I mention above. Could you please let me know what your thoughts are, or how you made one.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 4:35am
I recall a thread about how to build one - but I wasn't able to find it. It was an old thread maybe going back a couple of years.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 10:38pm
Hello members,

Here is another question,

Anyone ever use a Returnboard? I was watching some videos on YouTube where people were using them. Returnboards look like they can be petty useful when you don't have a practicing partner. I am thinking about either making one or buying one.

Anyone ever use a Returnboard before? If so what did you think about it?
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 11:28pm
I use the $80 paddle P. net it is sold under various brand names for about the same price.  It works OK use it with my robot and for serving practice.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2015 at 11:44pm
Hello lineup32,

Yes, that is the one I have been looking at. I think it is the best collection net for the price. I have looked at another one made by IPONG that costs less. But I don't like the design of it.

What robot do you use? I was thinking about getting the IPONG Pro or the IPONG Original. Any thoughts?

Edited by Orangecrush - 03/18/2015 at 11:44pm
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 12:05am
Don't get an IPONG robot, I've never heard of someone actually being satisfied with them. Newgy on the other hand everyone seems to love.

Click the picture for feedback ^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 12:52am
Hello NoRema,

Not sure if IPONG has made their products better. But I went to Amazon and read the reviews for the one I'm looking to buy. Other than people complaining about the remote cord being to short. Or that the hopper does not feed the last couple of balls. Or battery life.

People seem to like there purchase, and giving it a 5* review. Also, from what I read. People that are buying these are buying them for under $50 bucks on Amazon. So it might be something for me to look into.
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Orangecrush Orangecrush wrote:

Hello NoRema,

Not sure if IPONG has made their products better. But I went to Amazon and read the reviews for the one I'm looking to buy. Other than people complaining about the remote cord being to short. Or that the hopper does not feed the last couple of balls. Or battery life.

People seem to like there purchase, and giving it a 5* review. Also, from what I read. People that are buying these are buying them for under $50 bucks on Amazon. So it might be something for me to look into.

I have a friend with one, he hates it. We can't get the balls to shoot consitantly anywhere. and when we try to add topspin or backspin to the ball everything goes straight into the net or way off the table. Not giving us a chance to hit one. maybe they have changed, but from what I've experienced, i wouldn't wish this robot on my worst enemies.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 1:57am
Which one does he have? Does he want to sell it? I was just reading the reviews on Amazon and I would say 85 to 90% of them were positive feedback. With a small majority of them complaining about the remote cord being to short, battery life, and that the last few balls don't go through the robot.

There are a few reviews where they complain about other issues. But for $50 bucks it might be something for me to look into. Really for now I'm looking for a collection net. Either making one or buying one. But for sure I'm seriously thinking about getting the PP collection net. Even though it cost more than the IPONG/Joola carbon fiber collection net.
Dawei Quattro Limda blade w/ Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 2.0 FH and Air Illumina Alpha Plus 1.8 BH
Thanks to colestt.com
ttvet86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttvet86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 2:36pm
I don't know if it is still in business but fastpaddle has what they are labeling as joola ipong ball collection net for cheap. I got one there and it was less than what amazon charges, even with the high shipping cost. It's a little crude but i made it work for me.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 7:50pm

Hello lineup32,

Yes, that is the one I have been looking at. I think it is the best collection net for the price. I have looked at another one made by IPONG that costs less. But I don't like the design of it.

What robot do you use? I was thinking about getting the IPONG Pro or the IPONG Original. Any thoughts?

I use the Newgy 1050 digital had it for two years now before I had the 540, the 1050 is nice unit for the money as it will do everything the 2050 will do but auto feed and net, yet if I had to do it over I would get the 2050 as the net system is nicely integrated into the unit and one doesn't have to do much messing around with robot position etc.  .  Ipong is not worthy.  Any robot has its issues but Ipong is really a dud.
Robot's are nice for stroke repeating and building up muscle memory.    

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 2:07am
Lineup32,

Those are ready nice robot's. But a little out of my price range for now. I have actually been looking on Craigslist in my area for TT equipment. If I'm lucky I might find a robot that someone wants to sell for a reasonable price.
Dawei Quattro Limda blade w/ Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 2.0 FH and Air Illumina Alpha Plus 1.8 BH
Thanks to colestt.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 2:52am
Lol, fatt.

That is funny, but I have done a lot of buying and selling through Craigslist. So its not my first rodeo as we would say here in Texas. Of course I would make sure that whatever I bought through Craigslist. Would be personally inspected by me to make sure that functioned/worked properly before I would buy it.

Plus, Cole does not sell ball collection nets and or robot's. But I agree Cole does have the best prices when it comes to paddles and ball's. Thanks for your input though. :-)
Thanks to colestt.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 9:42pm
Hello good members,

Update on buying a ball collection net.

After a lot of thought I finally decided on the "Paddle Palace" ball collection net. Over the IPONG/Joola catch net, and yes it was a little bit more expensive than the others. But looking at the 2 in comparison to the P.P. collection net I think it was a good decision.

Good thing is was able to get it with a 10% discount using a coupon code I found online and it actually worked!!! So after everything I bought it for $70 bucks with free shipping. So if you are looking to buy something from P.P. use this code to get 10% off your order.

Code is: PALACE10

I'll let you guys know how I like the collection net after I receive it and get it installed on my table.

Thanks to colestt.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 9:26pm
Hello all MTTN members,

I received my P.P. Ball Collection Net today. All I can say is WOW on how cool this thing is. I can now practice my serves as long as I want to. If you don't have a regular practice partner I highly recommend getting one of these. Just for the fact that you don't have to be collecting balls ever again, big plus factor. It sets up in like 3 minutes and you can take it down in the same amount of time and it stores really nicely.

Since I received it I have been playing for over 3 hours and can't stop!!! Maybe it's because it is a new toy and I'm a kid at heart. LoL
Thanks to colestt.com
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 9:30pm
congrats on your satisfying purchase! hopefully it helps out your gameplay a lot Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by NoRema NoRema wrote:

congrats on your satisfying purchase! hopefully it helps out your gameplay a lot Thumbs Up

Well, I'll tell, ya. My arm is tired already. Maybe I should take a break but it is so fun!!! I think I need to get some more balls, because 50 is not enough. Now I need a robot!!!
Thanks to colestt.com
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 10:27pm

Well, I'll tell, ya. My arm is tired already. Maybe I should take a break but it is so fun!!! I think I need to get some more balls, because 50 is not enough. Now I need a robot!!!

contact bob petty, he has the cheapest prices for bulk balls

Bob Petty

TABLE  TENNIS  INTERNATIONAL

Lowest Prices in North America For 47 Years

2203 Field Ln.

Bedford, TX  76021-7527

E-Mail:  [email protected]

Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 10:35pm

contact bob petty, he has the cheapest prices for bulk balls

Bob Petty

TABLE  TENNIS  INTERNATIONAL

Lowest Prices in North America For 47 Years

2203 Field Ln.

Bedford, TX  76021-7527

E-Mail:  [email protected]

Does he sell the new poly balls, and what are the ballpark prices? We might be interested in this.
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Argothman Argothman wrote:

Does he sell the new poly balls, and what are the ballpark prices? We might be interested in this.

This is my most recent sheet of what he has for balls. He may have more now, haven't talked to him in a while.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 11:02pm
Yeah, I have the same 10 page catalog. Sux he does not take credit cards. I don't even think I have a checkbook anymore. :-(

Maybe I'll go over to Wally World and buy some of there EastPoint 3* balls and give them a try.
Thanks to colestt.com
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 11:04pm
also anything 50$ and over is free shipping.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2015 at 2:33am

Don't get an IPONG robot, I've never heard of someone actually being satisfied with them. Newgy on the other hand everyone seems to love.

I know you told me NoRema, but I went ahead and bought a IPONG Original today. After talking to Joola and Megaspin they assure me that "if" I'm not happy with it. They will send me a new one or refund my money. Also got a good deal from Megaspin when I told them about the issues with the IPONG robot's.

They gave me a 10% discount and threw in a IPONG tilt stand with free shipping. So if I don't like it and or it does not work properly. I will definitely return it and get my money back.

I'll let you guys know what I think of it after I have it for a few days. ;-)
Thanks to colestt.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2015 at 2:46am
Okay guys, I told you I would report back on my purchase of the IPONG Original. Well here is the story, after receiving the IPONG Original I noticed that it couldn't launch the balls to the same place on the other side of the table. Out of 50 balls maybe 20 of them would hit the same spot. I know, I know, you warned me, but for $65 bucks I thought why not give it a try. And after talking to Megaspin and Joola about there return policy they both reassured that if I was not happy they would send me a replacement or give me my money back.

Well, I complained to both of them and Joola sent me a IPONG Master V300. The newest and best IPONG model!!! All I can say is, wow what a difference. This baby can put the ball in the same place every time!! Good topspin and backspin and I haven't even tried the "Oscillation" feature yet!!! The only thing I would complain about is that it is very light and if you are not careful it might drop off the table. Not that it has happened to me, I'm just saying.

So for you nay sayers on IPONG. I'm very happy with my new V300!!!

Edited by Orangecrush - 05/13/2015 at 2:48am
Thanks to colestt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic