Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Luckiest shot ever?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xkaboomx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xkaboomx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luckiest shot ever?
    Posted: 03/20/2015 at 9:36am
What do you guys think? Definitely one of the best ways to win a point :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1yygIYXIP4
Sponsored Links

JonathanVN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 9:53am
That has to be one of the luckiest ones I've personally seen! That guy would be legendary if it was a planned attempt! haha
2015 USATT Ratings:
1823 (Jan)
1840 (Feb)
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 10:28am
Naah, those are basic shots for us. We practice and execute those daily basis here in FinlandLOL.

Edited by Tommy16 - 03/20/2015 at 4:03pm
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 3:25pm

BE HAPPY !!!!
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by xkaboomx xkaboomx wrote:

What do you guys think? Definitely one of the best ways to win a point :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1yygIYXIP4

He makes the same mistake I often do - stepping on with the right leg even though it's a long serve.
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

BE HAPPY !!!!

In my first tournament I pulled off the double edge serve.  I hit my edge which bounced the ball up and it hit the far edge on his side for an ace.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2015 at 8:40pm
I think players who are more skilled tend to have more luck. I wonder why it works that way? :D
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2015 at 1:07am
I don't think a player should spend too much time practicing that "Superserve" !
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2015 at 1:16am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I think players who are more skilled tend to have more luck. I wonder why it works that way? :D

i can agree with this. You see good players hit the net and the ball still go over, because they're hitting it near the top. so it was closer to being just a low shot. the "trickling over the net shot" is usually considered luck. but if they were a bad player they probably wouldn't have hit it near the top and it wouldn't have gone over. 

also with placement, a good player will go for those wide angles much more because they're comfortable hitting them. because they're going for these angles they're more likely to hit the side edges which would also be considered luck. bad players rarely go for those shots which is why they would never hit the luck part of it.

Click the picture for feedback ^
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2015 at 2:02am
Better players plays with smaller marginals----->  more net and edge balls. So i think that in table tennis you have to deserve your luck. 
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
gigantes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigantes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2015 at 4:17am
are you absolutely sure that was luck?

i mean, we know it can be done as an underspin super-lob on the front of the racket. (altho i've never seen it against a serve)

but why not, if this expert-level player wanted to endlessly practice the same thing from the back of the paddle, could it not be done the other way? i've seen on the net ppl doing loop-kill serves that looked like they were going to be chop until the last moment, for example.

i mean, the receiver seemed pretty relaxed yet focused for having boinked up the serve like that. he backed up pretty coolly, waited to see if the ball landed safely and see what the server would do. selling the misdirection and preparing for a possible smash.

just an idea... maybe from a parallel universe, but...

Edited by gigantes - 03/21/2015 at 4:21am
pathfinderpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pathfinderpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2015 at 10:19am
This is my luckiest shot ever. I was a stand in for this competition as someone didn't turn up and this happened when I was 5-9 down in the deciding game of a group match so it was an important time to get some luck.

The only reason I was filming this was to test a new camera I was going to use when filming the later stages of the competition that night. Fortunately my opponent took it in good spirit. Unfortunately for me he still went on to win!

Edited by pathfinderpro - 04/30/2015 at 11:38am
Blake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2015 at 11:16am
The link you posted is broken!

BTY Primorac
FH: Sriver 1.9
BH: Sriver 1.9
Taming a new beast...
Vega Pro
FH: Rasant Grip Max
BH: Tenzone Ultra SF Max
pathfinderpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pathfinderpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2015 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Blake Blake wrote:

The link you posted is broken!

Sorry, for some reason the "link" details YouTube gave me didn't work in the embed video function on the forum. Played around with the url and now got it working.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic