FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola TPE Feeling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola TPE Feeling
    Posted: 03/24/2015 at 2:00pm
OK...I haven't seen any reviews posted of this blade yet so thought I'd go ahead and give my 2 cents worth.  I bought the new TPE Feeling blade from JoolaUSA about 3 weeks ago and have been playing with it since. Here are my observations/impressions:
  • Weight - the blade came in at 88 grams
  • Price - blade retails for $160...this is the most expensive blade I've ever bought. I decided to treat myself to a really nice blade and thought I'd give this a try
  • Speed - the blade is rated at Offensive minus (Off-)
  • Fit and Finish - the finish of this blade is first rate. It's really a beautiful blade. The handle is a typical Joola handle in that it's a little more square than rounded handle like Stiga and Donic blades that I usually play with. At first I really didn't like the feel of the handle because I am used to a more rounded handle, but now that I've played with it for about 3 weeks, I don't care for the rounded handles as much.
  • Feedback / Vibration - I normally play with a Donic Aratox RS soft-carbon blade and it is very thin and has some vibration. This blade is much thicker than I'm used to and it's definitely got a more solid feeling. It does have good control though so I think the Off- rating is pretty accurate.
  • Overall impression - I really like this blade and can say that I would recommend it. The price is higher than most but the quality is first-rate and the weight / speed / control are excellent. It even comes in a very impressive box rather than the normal cardboard boxes most blades come in. If you like Off- blades and are looking for a great looking high-quality blade than I would definitely recommend this blade.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Sponsored Links

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 2:52pm
could get a top of the line Nittaku blade for that price.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 3:03pm
Good to hear it's a good blade, but why is Megaspin selling it at $160 when it's priced at £55/€65 over here in Europe?
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 3:05pm
$160, over-priced?
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 3:26pm
Bran...where can you buy it for 65 euros?
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 3:35pm
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 3:36pm
Check out the links below, I just pasted the first few Google results.

http://shop.bribartt.co.uk/table-tennis-blades/attack/joola-tpe-feeling.html
http://schoeler-micke.tabletennis-shop.de/Marke+Joola/Joola-TPE-Feeling-OFF.1003064.html
http://www.spinfactory.de/hoelzer/tpe-feeling.html
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 3:50pm
http://www.timtts.be/Shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1311

50 euro with free shipping
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

http://www.timtts.be/Shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1311

50 euro with free shipping

Hahaha LOL

Acuda Dave - you have paid a way too high price for that Joola blade I think...
Thank you for the review, by the way Star

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 5:46pm
I would ask Joola USA for a partial refund at least.

At TT11 it is around 58EUR and at our Joola dealer 48EUR only (excl. shipping).

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

they sell everything much higher than in Europe. Rossi Emotion for example they sell for $99. Tim sell it for $50 with free shipping. Joola, Tibhar and Xiom in North America cost much more than in Europe.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 3:24am
I understand that, but for me 100usd price difference and $160 retail price for ordinary allwood blade made in China is a scam.

Cornilleau Hinotec Off is of similar construction (hinoki-limba-kiri vs TPE Feeling hinoki-ayous-kiri) and costs around 35eur.

fb.me/spinnier
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 6:27am

Sorry, but nobody from Joola USA called Acuda Dave to buy something from their store.
He bought it by himself and his own decision.
After all, there are plenty of low cost blades that probably could replace the feeling of this so overpriced Joola blade in USA. The review is "priceless" as all. Star
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 7:50am
Is there a video from Joola USA where coach mcaffee explains why this blade is so overpriced?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 8:26am
Jolla Maxxx on Megaspin $60. compare to $30 on TT11
Evolution on Paddle Palace $52, on TT11 only $40
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 9:04am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Sorry, but nobody from Joola USA called Acuda Dave to buy something from their store.
He bought it by himself and his own decision.
After all, there are plenty of low cost blades that probably could replace the feeling of this so overpriced Joola blade in USA. The review is "priceless" as all. Star

True. That's because Acuda Dave trusted Joola USA. However, he has been deluded and had one-time "loss". I do believe Joola USA will loose at least one customer after this.

Check this out: TPE Perform (so called Rossi Emotion successor) costs 134.95usd at Joola USA, compared to 57.85eur with free shipping at Timtts.be and 60eur+shipping at our locar Joola distributor. Import duties? Don't think so.

How much will cost TPE Fight as the most expensive TPE model? 200usd?

Also keep in mind EUR has depreciated against USD and reached 12 year minimum last week.

Man, for a moment I thought Butterfly is honest company despite their business practice, principles and pricing policy.

fb.me/spinnier
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 10:39am
AcudaDave has written elsewhere that he does not like deal with discount TT websites which sometimes have long order wait times. Ordering from some European countries also causes issues at US customs so I don't think we should read too much into this.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 11:38am
I'm still surprised by the prices (I assume) Joola set for the US. I suppose it enjoys a relatively good and quality reputation there.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

I'm still surprised by the prices (I assume) Joola set for the US. I suppose it enjoys a relatively good and quality reputation there.

Yeah, especially considering the amount of vitriol expressed towards Killerspin for far lesser transgressions ...
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 11:53am
I called joola and pointed out the price difference. They will look into it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic