Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

916 GOLD WAY DESTROYER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 916 GOLD WAY DESTROYER
    Posted: 06/30/2006 at 3:13pm
IS THIS RUBBER GOOD ENOUGH FOR EUROPEAN STYLE OF ATTACKING GAME LIKE SRIVER OR MARK V'S
I FOUND IT AT ZEROPONG.COM
1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
Sponsored Links

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 3:17pm

its like tensioned mark v, its chinese answer to sriver/mark v yes Its reverese tensioned and really doesnt need speed glue

phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 3:27pm
would you say it is better than let's say...

CJ8000 on GP4 hard sponge or Avalox hard sponge?
Blade: Whatever is close
Rubber Sheet: Whatever still has some grip.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by ttman ttman wrote:

its like tensioned mark v, its chinese answer to sriver/mark v yes Its reverese tensioned and really doesnt need speed glue

How's it compared to Gold Way 968 Stinger?
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 3:50pm

the 968 is tackier

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 3:54pm

the 968 is tackier

Thanks!
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 3:56pm

the 968 is tackier

By the way, is it ok if I speedglue them? I read the descriptions on Zeropong say no, but I ran out of normal glue.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 4:27pm
yes they can definatly be speed glued I use them glue up and they are great its just they dont have to be glued up to play well
Budric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 4:44pm
Are there any other places that sell this rubber? I don't want to pay 15$ shipping to Canada.
salsaking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 4:55pm
Cole or Speedpong.net
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 5:03pm
ya I sell it too
tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 5:31pm
thanks everyone.i am sure i can't find better forum than this
1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 9:27pm
I love those rubbers but I find that my control with them is kinda low. super fast and they produce great spin but I just cant seem to make consistent shots like I do with other rubbers.
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 9:46pm

yes they can definatly be speed glued I use them glue up and they are great its just they dont have to be glued up to play well

Thanks for the information!
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
non3 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote non3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 12:15am
Hi, just bought a sheet of Destroyer 2.0 red from my club today for 14 bucks and I must say I was very surprised. It was the worst rubber I've ever used in my life. Maybe I got a dud since most people here seem to think it's ok. Firstly, I didn't have a chance to glue it, so maybe I don't have a right to say anything yet, except it's already tensioned and, even so, rubbers shouldn't NEEd speed glue.

It's hard and the topsheet is very NOT grippy. I've been using Almana Sound and Sriver el both of which is find to be very consistent rubbers with or without speed glue. Presently I've stopped gluing and have been focusing on trying to develop my technique to generate more power without the need of glue. Each time I attempted to fh loop with the destroyer, it would go straight into the net. It's really loud, feels quite hard and from my standpoint doesn't generate any more power than sriver el, both unglued. For my fh, it was a significant step down from almana sound which I feel has better spin capability and speed, unglued. The person I was hitting with noticed the curvature of the ball when we were hitting back and forth, no loop, and he told me it was kind of a dead ball, like it was floating a bit. I don't mean to exagerate, but I was using someone else's paddle today, and I seriously looped better with their short pips than with this destroyer thing. Very low throw and for me, very inconsistent when changing paddle angles.

I bought this rubber because I was looking for a cheap alternative to my almana or el, and was looking for the xp or lkt, but my club was all out. I decided to try the destroyer because it was 14 dollars and someone said the stinger was good so I assumed, that this wouldn't be a piece of crap. I'll try this with some stiga carbo glue next week and perhaps post something here.

Further more I've tried 2.1 unglued back bryce and felt that the bty was much much more forgiving in terms of power feel and spin. The destroyer also looks cheap. Just my opinion. It's my first foray into chinese rubbers that are supposed to play like jap rubbers.

I would recommend, for a few more dollars, get H3. Despite some people's complaints that H3 can't be used for looping, I was able to do so consistently without glue on my fh side, much more so than with the destroyer. The only reason I'm not using H3 now is because I don't feel it has enough power when I step back more, esp without glue.

But that's my 2 cents, hope it helps people decide. Please feel free to disagree.
2x Babolat Pure Storm Tour
Gosen Micro Sheep 16 @ 58lbs
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 4:06am

The red doesn't look as good as the black in the goldway rubbers.  I agree its' kind of firm and bouncy.  That's a tough request if you're asking it to be faster than sriver el.  The same speed would be ok I would think.  I had a racket with sriver el on one side and bryce on the other, and I thought the difference in speed was surprisingly marginal.

Yeah, the topsheet is very non tacky, but seems more grippy to me than sriver.  I don't think you'll find that gluing improves the rubber a whole lot, except to say that chinese sponges do need a few initial layers to help the sponge expand and soften up a bit.  They become more lively.  But I don't recommend you continue to reglue the goldway rubbers.

Also it's possible the 2.0 plays a lot flatter than the 2.2.  I've seen that a lot in Chinese sponges around the 40-42 range.  By the way, the 38 degree stamped on the sponge is a total mismark.  No way it's 38.

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 4:10am
I would give it a few layers like right now.  Lay a sheet of plastic on it overnight to maximize the time the solvent is in the sponge.  See if that doesn't puff it out, soften it, and liven it up a bit. 
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
marayossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marayossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 10:01am

Originally posted by non3 non3 wrote:

Hi, just bought a sheet of Destroyer 2.0 red from my club today for 14 bucks and I must say I was very surprised. It was the worst rubber I've ever used in my life. Maybe I got a dud since most people here seem to think it's ok. Firstly, I didn't have a chance to glue it, so maybe I don't have a right to say anything yet, except it's already tensioned and, even so, rubbers shouldn't NEEd speed glue.

It's hard and the topsheet is very NOT grippy.

That's exactly my experience with this rubber. I have a 2.0 mm black sheet. While it's relativelly grippy, it's hard and bouncy. I feel like I have a 0.5 mm rubber on the blade -- no "rubber feel" so to say. When hitting, instead of "rubber click" sound I get a "blade knock" sound. Control for me is not there at all. I had it for a few months and tried on different blades with the same result. Personally, I don't find any similirity with Mark V and Sriver. Maybe 2.2mm feels better...

On the other note, I just bought Mendo MP and glued it to one side of the blade (Black) and Red was Higher on Transcend. Both were not speed-glued, but Higher was well primed. If Higher wouldn't be stickier than Mendo MP, I wouldn't feel any difference at all. It's a little bit slower than unglued MP, mostly felt in mid-distance and far-from-the-table, but not much. Actually, Higher plays better in short game and serves. I have a 2.2mm Higher, but 2.0mm should play great too. When glued, it picks up some speed but not much. Spin is there already. Great rubber!

jptrfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jptrfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 7:36pm
I have the Stinger in Red with 2.2 (forehand) and the destroyer in black also 2.2 on a globe 582 blade put together for me by Cole. I agree that looping is not a strong point with either of these rubbers but I found really good speed and great control once I started approaching the edge of the ball more thinly. Blocking, flipping, and close to medium distance attack are what I like to do so this is really working for me though some times I like to mix it up with some loops, thats not really my game.   
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 7:45pm
Tried the destroyer on the LKT one, its quite fast and likeable. You just need fast handspeed to get the spin out of it.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic