Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Pairings with Primorac? Or Replace?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Blake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pairings with Primorac? Or Replace?
    Posted: 03/29/2015 at 7:30pm
Ive been playing Primorac with Sriver 1.9 on both FH and BH on my first real bat and am looking to upgrade to something a little faster to replace my dying rubbers.  I have one side of Rasant Grip Max in the mail to try but am wondering if I should change blades or rubbers? Does anyone have any suggestions for a different blade under 100 or should I stick with the blade for a bit?

I'm more of a beginner but have been playing for about 3 years! More mid distance player and more offensive in general.

Any help would be appreciated! And let me know if there is more info I should include (I'm a bit new to the forum and the thought of new equipment stresses me out!
BTY Primorac
FH: Sriver 1.9
BH: Sriver 1.9
Taming a new beast...
Vega Pro
FH: Rasant Grip Max
BH: Tenzone Ultra SF Max
Sponsored Links

NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 7:42pm
Keep the blade, it's very well balanced and good for players developing their strokes. If you're going to change rubbers and want something faster, why not try just making you sriver thicker? if you're interested in changing the rubber completely then I'd test other club members rubbers out first. Everyone enjoys a different feel and testing other peoples rubbers is easier than spending 1000$ testing them yourself.

Click the picture for feedback ^
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 2:23am
Primorac with T64 or 05 is a very good combo.

you will not lack speed or spin.

also you will have the touch for a short game.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 2:32am
In my opinion, for ur years of playing the blade is a rocket for u.I wonder how can u put the ball in the table, cause I had a similar experience when i was playing tt for 2-3 years and I changed blade ofc.But if u want to keep this rocket blade, and ofc if u keep on wanting to buy new rubbers for it, dont go to tenergy.It will be a lot more than a rocket.I would go for 2 roundells soft in 1,9mm if I were you.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 2:39am
There are many primorac stratas,perhaps the op is talking about Primorac off- :)

Not for PRimorac Carbon :)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 8:34am
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

There are many primorac stratas,perhaps the op is talking about Primorac off- :)

this is what i was assuming, as a beginner i didn't think he would be using something that fast.

Blake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 8:56am
I'll stick with the blade! Ive really enjoyed playing with it for the last few years.  I was asking kind of if it was worth switching out, and if not what would be a next step up kinda thing (my FH is dying after 2 years of playing, it certainly earned its "long lasting" moniker!!!

I bought (before I asked this question) a side of Rasant Grip to try but Ill try and get a thicker Sriver perhaps if I need to replace the other side.  

Seriously thank you all for your input and let me know if there are any other alternatives to Sriver (I can't believe its still $36, but oh well...)

Unfortunately I'm really the only one of my friends who really wants to get better, I'm looking for another club since the last one I played at dissolved :(
BTY Primorac
Taming a new beast...
Vega Pro
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 6:51am
You coul try Yasaka Mark V as an alternative to Sriver, there are a lot of different variants of it, some faster some spinnier but it is a very well balanced rubber and has a great price tag too. Definitely worth checking out. The Mark V XS is a faster version and good price.

Blake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 9:09pm
I actually just ordered a Rasant Grip from you guys on the 19th, hasn't left estonia yet (at least so says the omniva website) but I'm excited to try something really different! Just tried out the Mark V and really liked it so ill keep looking in on it. Just waiting in the meantime for the Rasant :)
BTY Primorac
Taming a new beast...
Vega Pro
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 1:28am
Hi Blake

If it specifies that it hasn't left Estonia yet and you ordered on the 19th, could you please email to [email protected] and let them know. Usually we would have orders processed and sent out much faster than that.
Blake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 9:52am
Ill do that! Thanks for the reply and Im excited to business with you again, those sales are really helpful :)
BTY Primorac
Taming a new beast...
Vega Pro
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

Well this is great blade for his years of playing, sorry for my missunderstanding!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Blake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2015 at 10:12am
No Prob, I didn't know there was more than one, i have a Primorac Off - from 2011 with Sriver 1.9 from the same year (one side still going strong! Excellent Rubbers for the past few years!)
BTY Primorac
Taming a new beast...
Vega Pro
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2015 at 11:06am
To spend $36 on a sheet of sriver is nothing but disgrace. The people who gave you the advice are not meaning well or incompetent and that malicious advice should smeared and discredited completely so that we get rid of such posts to unsuspecting naive beginners looking for advice here. I know most of you don't like confrontation and prefer not to stir things up, even though in your mind you know you would NEVER recommend Sriver to a friend, no matter his circumstances. There is just no scenario where throwing 36 on a Sriver is a good idea, and more of you need to get out of your comfort zone and throw a few stones. 

Edited by Victor_the_cleaner - 04/02/2015 at 11:07am
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2015 at 11:18am
Now, my personal advice may be debatable, but spending money on sriver is not, so no matter what you do, no more money on sriver.

Joola Rhyzm plays like speed glues Sriver. This is really the best description of the rubber. If nothing else, get a sheet of Rhyzm and you can play without any stroke adjustment. Rhyzm sells for 25$ per sheet and ttjapan, timtt, contra.de and other sites. I don't care who you are and what your game is, Rhyzm will beat Sriver in any TT metric known to man.

I don't agree with the blade advice either, but that's not so black and white like Sriver.
Your blade is SOFT, VIBRATING, MEDIUM FAST. This is just not a good combination for med distance offensive game, regardless of level. You cannot have good control with soft 5 ply limba from mid distance, doesn't matter what the name of the blade is.
I want to recommend a stiffer blade. It can still be soft, if you like the limba feel, but it must be stiffer. TTEX is selling a limba blade (carbonado 190) for 87 bucks now. I have not played with it yet, but that's a really high quality blade, still made of limba, but with carbon inside that will eliminate vibration and improve control. That deal will not last and is within your budget, so if I were you I would jump on it. Don't be afraid of speed, regardless of what they tell you here. Speed is not a reciprocal of control. That carbonado 190 blade will make attack and defense away from the table 3 times easier that whirling balls around with a primorac.

Edited by Victor_the_cleaner - 04/02/2015 at 11:21am
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2015 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

Now, my personal advice may be debatable, but spending money on sriver is not, so no matter what you do, no more money on sriver.

Joola Rhyzm plays like speed glues Sriver. This is really the best description of the rubber. If nothing else, get a sheet of Rhyzm and you can play without any stroke adjustment. Rhyzm sells for 25$ per sheet and ttjapan, timtt, contra.de and other sites. I don't care who you are and what your game is, Rhyzm will beat Sriver in any TT metric known to man.

I don't agree with the blade advice either, but that's not so black and white like Sriver.
Your blade is SOFT, VIBRATING, MEDIUM FAST. This is just not a good combination for med distance offensive game, regardless of level. You cannot have good control with soft 5 ply limba from mid distance, doesn't matter what the name of the blade is.
I want to recommend a stiffer blade. It can still be soft, if you like the limba feel, but it must be stiffer. TTEX is selling a limba blade for 87 bucks not. I have not played with it yet, but that's a really high quality blade, still made of limba, but with carbon inside that will eliminate vibration and improve control. That deal will not last and is within your budget, so if I were you I would jump on it. Don't be afraid of speed, regardless of what they tell you here. Speed is not a reciprocal of control. That carbonado 190 blade will make attack and defense away from the table 3 times easier that whirling balls around with a primorac.

I disagree with your opinion about the blade but the rant about sriver is dead on.

Edited by NoRema - 04/02/2015 at 11:30am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic