FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Need info on Fastarc C-1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need info on Fastarc C-1
    Posted: 03/29/2015 at 11:58pm
Hi,

I am looking to move from T64 to another rubber for my BH. I tried Rasant GRIP lately and found it a bit hard for opening serves and and blocking close to the table.

I am looking for a softer rubber (softer feel), but which still does not bottom out.
I have used T05 FX in the past and something with that hardness and grip  but which doesn't bottom out on blocks will be great.

I was looking at Fastarc C-1 as Japanese topsheets are the ones which I find best suited for my game. Has anyone tried it? I could only find 1 post on it. Can anyone compare it with other rubbers?

Thanks

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 03/30/2015 at 12:00am
Sponsored Links

Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 12:52am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

I was looking at Fastarc C-1 as Japanese topsheets are the ones which I find best suited for my game.

Actually it's a German topsheet since it's an ESN product. The top sheet is very grippy and the sponge of similar hardness than T05fx. It's quite bouncy like typical ESN rubbers with medium-soft sponge.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
vishal_dindoyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 1:07am
Hi there! I have used the C1 for years on my back hand. I can tell you that it has been the best bh rubber for me so far. The throw is lower than t64 but the topsheet is grippier. Does not bottom out on punch blocks, easy to loop underspin and not that sensitive to incoming spin. Btw C1 is made in Germany, but it lasts longer than tenergies somehow. And last thing, and maybe the most important ones, the C1 that i described above are the 'super thick' and Red ones. The black ones are impossible to block with and are more sensitive to spin. Hope that helps!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 4:27am
Is C-1 soft and bouncy? If it is it should bottom out. The above comments seem contradictory...can you guys elaborate a little more or perhaps compare it with other rubbers?
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 5:16am
I think the s-1 is closer to the t64 than the c1, but i am not 100% sure.
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 6:14am
Originally posted by vishal_dindoyal vishal_dindoyal wrote:

...The throw is lower than t64 but the topsheet is grippier. Does not bottom out on punch blocks, easy to loop underspin and not that sensitive to incoming spin. Btw C1 is made in Germany, but it lasts longer than tenergies somehow. ...

pretty much my impression.  I have not played with T64 but the C1 is very grippy. 

Originally posted by vishal_dindoyal vishal_dindoyal wrote:

.... And last thing, and maybe the most important ones, the C1 that i described above are the 'super thick' and Red ones. The black ones are impossible to block with and are more sensitive to spin. Hope that helps!

Not sure if I agree here.  I've only played with a black sheet and it is easy to block with and not that sensitive to incoming spin.
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 7:00am
I have used several red sheets of C1 and only one black sheet. Maybe the one that i got came from a different batch, but i know it was different, more powerful and faster, suited my forehand better.

@OP btw the sponge on the C1 is not soft. It more like medium to medium-hard.
It's something like a palio blitz with lower throw.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Da Baobei Da Baobei wrote:

I think the s-1 is closer to the t64 than the c1, but i am not 100% sure.

I have used the S1 also for some months, yes it closer to t64 than C1 but it has an extremely high (t05 like) throw. It has a very soft topsheet and it's quite sensitive to incoming spin. Didn't like it.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 10:14am
What is the best place to order Fastarc C-1 from?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 11:33am
I get them from tt11 and from presports.
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 4:50am
I posted a review of Fastarc C-1 a few months ago.  Maybe that was the post you were talking about?

I liked it at first, and it is about medium soft but not in the same sense as tenergy.  It feels closest to 80-FX, although perhaps a bit firmer and spinnier (in my opinion).  It also feels very different from the tenergy series - where tenergy feels a bit mushy and super dwelly, C1 feels crisper with a shorter dwell.

C1 is not so soft to where it always bottoms out on blocks, but at the same time you will feel that it really engages to blade to help with blocking stability.  Coming from tenergy, you will need to open your blade a lot more to get your block to clear the net because it is not nearly as sensitive to spin as tenergy.

I liked C1 a lot at first and I thought it was my answer to the ideal BH rubber, but it ages like a typical ESN tensor where once used for a while the rubber feels choked/dead and less dynamic.  I've since found Agrit Speed by TSP, a much better rubber in the same class as C1/T64 in regards to low throw and good speed.  Agrit Speed is also made entirely in Japan, so its longevity is far better than C1/ESN while keeping similar playing characteristics.  

Edited by schen - 03/31/2015 at 4:51am
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 3:49pm
You once said c1 is a light rubber, what about Agrit Speed?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 3:55pm
Also light - maybe about the same weight but I haven't weighed them side by side to confirm
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2015 at 2:57pm
whats the durability like ?

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic