FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Alternative for Tenergy (Updated 2015)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative for Tenergy (Updated 2015)
    Posted: 03/31/2015 at 2:31pm
Almost every couple months, we hear new rubber releases. Probably, the most searched threads are about best replacements for Tenergy. It's been quite a long time since BTY released Tenergy and many generations of ESN have passed. Even so, I'm not sure Tenergy has been surpassed. Once, there were Vega Pro, Baracuda, Hexer.. Then there were Bluefires, Rasants etc. Now, there are even more improved versions of these... The big question is;

Which rubber do you think is the most apropriate replacement for Tenergy atm?

Edited by speaquinox - 03/31/2015 at 2:32pm
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Sponsored Links

flamingmdn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flamingmdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 2:54pm
I tried a lot and found Evolution MX-P as good as Tenergy or even better (for someone).

Gewo Sensus Carbo Speed | Vega X
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 2:59pm
I guess I can throw Xiom Omega 5 Asia into the pit even though it's a little harder. But I'm just so tired of these threads, so very tired.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 3:15pm
In the latest Butterfly catalog they talk about building a new research facility and a new rubber sprouting that will surpass even Tenergy.  I'm not sure they themselves can even do it.  Lots of opinions state Tenergy has definitely been equaled and in my opinion it has lost a lot of its mystique with the new ball.  If you do some searching you'll see plenty of suggestions.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 3:52pm
All rubbers are alternative to Tenergy.

The problem is that there are no replacements.
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 7:58pm
none sorry to say
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 12:39am
Let me reveal the secret...
Rasant PowerGrip
Just try and believe Geek
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 2:12am
the evolution are very good and maybe the best alternative

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 5:36am
After unpacking Tenergy , it feels so smooth , like a fabric or liquid. Common rubbers , when unpacking, are domed with plastic feeling.
Is there any other rubbers  with the same feeling as Tenergy?
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

After unpacking Tenergy , it feels so smooth , like a fabric or liquid. Common rubbers , when unpacking, are domed with plastic feeling.
Very good description, and NO, there aren't. 

Mind you, I don't even use tenergy, it is too jumpy for me. I want a tenergy that throws the ball like Rhyzm, and then I will buy the Tenergy for the better topsheet and better quality. Rhyzm develops a white spot in the center of my FH rubber after a few weeks. I have a very strong FH, even if not as consistent yet. After the white spot appears, I feel the rubber is not as grippy in the center any more. Then I flip the racket and use the other rubber for FH. and then I move the rubbers to test blades. 
Tenergy's topsheet is incredibly durable and remains homogeneous looking for months. I just don't like those swirving balls that tenergy makes, want it to go more straight.

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Very good description, and NO, there aren't. 

Mind you, I don't even use tenergy, it is too jumpy for me. I want a tenergy that throws the ball like Rhyzm, and then I will buy the Tenergy for the better topsheet and better quality. Rhyzm develops a white spot in the center of my FH rubber after a few weeks. I have a very strong FH, even if not as consistent yet. After the white spot appears, I feel the rubber is not as grippy in the center any more. Then I flip the racket and use the other rubber for FH. and then I move the rubbers to test blades. 
Tenergy's topsheet is incredibly durable and remains homogeneous looking for months. I just don't like those swirving balls that tenergy makes, want it to go more straight.

The bullet trail!

Edited by asifgunz - 04/01/2015 at 11:18am

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2015 at 12:49am
tenergy = divine energy. what could be higher than that?

it's just too expensive for me :(

Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2015 at 12:50am
^ Meoww

gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2015 at 2:22am
Sriver, clearly.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
MiBen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiBen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2015 at 3:47am
Originally posted by flamingmdn flamingmdn wrote:

I tried a lot and found Evolution MX-P as good as Tenergy or even better (for someone).

I also played a lots of offensive rubbers and for me the best Choice is Revolution Series (EL-P on my racket)
Second choice will be Bluefire Series:)

Cheers
For those who know..AVX:)
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 1:16am
next blade/rubber should be:
zekken ="absolute blade". referring to one who is unbeatable. 

what is garaydia?!?! i might've gotten VK for the all wood if hadraw didn't sound like an old western thing.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 6:54am
Has Tenergy been modified/updated to keep up with technology?
I ask as for example, Mark V (and Sriver?) have changed over the years. Today, the sponge is denser, the rubber is grippier and overall much heavier than original.
Recently I weighed an old Alser/MarkV that I have. The total package weighed 156g. I stripped it of its rubber and the blade-only came in at 85-88g. Thus the rubbers would have been very light even assuming a 2mm thickness.
note, I didn't bother to weigh the rubber as they had lost much of their sponge in the removing process
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

I ask as for example, Mark V (and Sriver?) have changed over the years. Today, the sponge is denser, the rubber is grippier and overall much heavier than original.
Recently I weighed an old Alser/MarkV that I have. The total package weighed 156g. I stripped it of its rubber and the blade-only came in at 85-88g. Thus the rubbers would have been very light even assuming a 2mm thickness.
note, I didn't bother to weigh the rubber as they had lost much of their sponge in the removing process

I would assume that the sponge thickness on old STIGA blades would be like 1.5mm
JonathanVN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

I would assume that the sponge thickness on old STIGA blades would be like 1.5mm

1.5mm if you are lucky…haha. I'm always shocked when I see those things in circulation still. The rubber doesn't even have to be "dead" for it to produce no power when the sponge is that thin.
2015 USATT Ratings:
1823 (Jan)
1840 (Feb)
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 8:25pm
Probably. I used my vernier and measured total rubber thickness at about 3mm. Thus the sponge is either 1.5 or 1.8mm.

Edited by Tinykin - 04/05/2015 at 8:28pm
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 2:24am
Wait for Bryce Highspeed.  Coming soon.  First rubber with the new logo.  High-density sponge strikes back!
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Wait for Bryce Highspeed.  Coming soon.  First rubber with the new logo.  High-density sponge strikes back!

Do you have any idea what it will be like?
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 5:01pm

When will it be released? 
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2015 at 1:58pm

Sorry for the grave dig, any more info on this rubber? Would love to see a new low throw rubber from Butterfly, especially after the disappointing Bryce Speed.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2015 at 4:31pm
I'm not really digging the new Butterfly logo, nor the design of Bryce High Speed-
http://www.ittf.com/ittf_equipment/Racket_coverings_details.asp?ID=19256&s_Brand=&s_Company=BUTTERFLY&s_List_No=&s_Type=&textile=&
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2015 at 11:28pm
I can't bare to think of how expensive this rubber will be.

First mainstream rubber to break the $90 mark?

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2015 at 6:46pm
There is one specific prasidha rubber which happens to be only popular in china.
a sheet averages in the 80+ mark last I heard someone talk about it.

IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2015 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

There is one specific prasidha rubber which happens to be only popular in china.
a sheet averages in the 80+ mark last I heard someone talk about it.
is it like a national version? because I checked the Prasidha website and it seems like all their rubbers are on the cheaper side, even though there are no definite prices listed on the website.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2015 at 5:23pm
MX-P at this moment, until I find something else, although unlikely. 

T05 to me is just reactive to incoming balls, the sponge does not* suck in the ball before trajectory, ball contacts ball leaves with strong power and spin....but <span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">I like MX-P and O5A so far they are the 2 rubbers that suck in the ball before releasing it through the topsheet. I can get to feel the ball first. (more control/dwell)</span>

Edited by ahsq - 09/14/2015 at 8:07pm
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2015 at 6:20pm
Do yu find omega5A as powerful as mxp in the higher gears ? And isn't the O5A the hard sponge version? Yu like hard sponge on bh? Have a friend using vega pro and mxp and I must say, it's been my favorite setup for the plastic ball till date, so much power n spin without much effort and yet really really controllable. My next dream blade :') lol
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic