Seller's Notes:

View the seller's For Sale page.
 Buyer's Review (0)
  Product Quality:
  Communication:
  Payment:
  Shipping:
  Overall:
View all feedback about this seller (57)
 Forum Assessment
This seller has not been assessed by moderators yet. Request assessment
 Assessed by moderators.
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS: brand new Xiom Vega Pro blade
    Posted: 04/14/2015 at 10:21am
I have available for sale, a brand new, never used Xiom Vega Pro blade (91g, ST handle): $85

Price includes shipping in the continental US. Paypal please (gift option or buyer pays my 4% fee). Please feel free to see feedback on my prior sales by clicking on the link in my signature (at the bottom of this post).

Structure: Limba - SZLC - Ayous - Kiri - Ayous - SZLC - Limba

From my old post about the 80g version of this blade, I said that from mid-distance, it felt a bit slower than Viscaria. Using this 91g version, solves that issue & provides grip on the plastic ball as well as good feel that the Viscaria can't:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Yes! the Xiom Vega Pro blade is the equivalent of the MJ-SZLC. Given below, is their marketing spiel: see the part in bold (emphasis mine). Note that Zylon & Zephyllium mean the same thing (thermoset liquid crystalline polyoxazole) & are just different trademarked names.

Personally, I prefer the feel of this blade more than that of the MJ SZLC. However, there are differences:
1. XVP is easier to generate spin with close to the table. At the table or 1-2 steps away, the XVP is the best blade I've played with in terms of power, ball bite & control. Here, it is faster than the Viscaria & much easier to control with.
2. Away from the table (more than 2 steps), the XVP is slower than Viscaria, MJ or SZLC. The SZLC is just way too fast, IMHO.
3. XVP is available at much lighter weights (I have a 80g ST!). I have not heard of a MJ SZLC under 88g yet.
4. If you don't sand your XVP (with the included sander), you will get blisters! Xiom claims that this is because they use very old trees to get wood that gives better feel.
5. I'm not sure, if, by 'natural glue' Xiom means hide glue (see below). But I can confirm that the feel is fantastic.
6. Rubber compatibility: IMHO, MJ SZLC is compatible with 45 degrees and lower hardness. XVP works best with 42.5 degrees and higher hardness. If using Chinese rubbers, you shall have to boost.

By the way, PM me if you want a great deal on a 99% new XVP blade.

Xiom's marketing literature on the blade:
VEGA PRO

Structure: 5 Wood Ply + 2 Composite (Zephylium & X-Carbon)
Character: OFF ~ OFF+
Grips Available: FL, ST
Origin: Made in Korea

What is special?
Zephylium & X-Carbon
Different from typical Zylon, as Zylon is 3k in thickness while Zephylium is 1k
Different from typical Carbon, as many uses 6k and 3k in thickness while X-Carbon is 1k.
Composition that we use is about 2~4 times more expensive than typical composition. We have used these compositions to lower the weight and also to increase the feeling of the blade.
If the carbon or zylon are too thick or heavy, it will interfere with the feeling of the blade.
But therefore we use only 1k (despite the price) in order to bring the best of the composite blade
(Currently only blades that uses these compositions are Hayabusa, BT Super Zhang Jike, and Vega)

Jointless Wood
Usually, when many manufacturing companies produce blades, they use two veneer and joint them together to make one piece of veneer.
For example, Rosewood wood is very difficult to find one single piece wood for the blade. Therefore many companies uses two veneer to join them into one to make it one piece for the surface veneer.
Also if you open up the blades and look at each veneer, you can see that most of them are jointed. But if you look at our blade, all our layer of veneer are jointless woods.
What is so good about jointless woods? Think about wearing a shoe that is cut in half and glued back together. How would this feel ? This applies same as the blades, if you use jointless wood, it will increase the performance and stability of the blade.
Why doesn't other manufacturing companies use jointless wood. Because it is expensive and hard to get. Usually in order to make jointless blade, it will require 100~300year old wood to be used. But as you know the thicker and older the wood it is the more expensive it is.
(Because the wood is old, the wood grain on the surface might feel bit more rough than other blades. This is same as people, If we get older we get more winkles, same applies for the wood, the wood is older and the winkles are something we cannot get rid of)

Glue
Natural Glue is used to make this blade in order to maximize control and catching of the ball while impact.
Most of the blades are produced by using epoxy glue, in order to increase production.
Epoxy glue dries up much faster than any other glue, and it is well used for mass production. (Usually uses hot press to increase productivity)
However, the epoxy glue forms a thin layer of glue while drying up between the veneer that blocks the smooth feeling of the blade and also increases hardness of blade. This is not good for the professional players which requires better control and catch.
Natural Glue is highly not the favourable way for the most of manufacturing company due to fact that it needs long time to dry up. However, we have separte drying storage made for only Vega series which helps to dry naturally.
And when it is dried up naturally, the glue will eventually evaporate and absorbed into the wood, leaving absolutely no layer of any glue between the veneer.

THIL & Made in Korea
THIL is our quality control. Wood is breathing thing that changes easily according to the surrounding environment.
Therefore Temperature, Humidity, Insect, and Light are very important to the wood managment. Our factory in Korea is THIL controlled factory to make sure that at point of production the wood is at their best shape.
Made in Korea. In order to make one blade, it must go through 20 different types of machines. 20?? Yes! about twice or three times more machines that is required to make a blade. We use 20 different machine in order to make sure the quality of the blade are all same at all time.

T-FOIL
The blade comes with the T-foil attached, in order to reuse them for maintenance of rubber and blade.

Edited by slevin - 04/14/2015 at 10:23am
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2015 at 10:27am
Here are reviews of this blade from a respected >2500 rated blade user who used to play with the Mizutani Jun:

Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

I have replaced my Mizutani Zlc by the Vega Pro blade and I am really happy with it. It is slower, softer and more flexible. Same goes for Vega Euro compared to TB ZLC. The Vega series have much better feel and control than the zlc blades. They are a bit harder and more popowerful than ALC blades.

Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

copy from another topic:

I used to play JM zlc last season than switched to JM Szlc at the beginning of this season. Now I play with the Xiom Vega Pro. The difference is very clear. The Vega Pro is less accurate but much more forgiving. Result is that more of my shots land on the table especially in blocking and counter looping. Also its flexibility makes it easier to do slow spinny loops compared to JM Szlc. 

Difference in results was immediate. My rating is about 2500 in France. With the JM Szlc on my 2nd team game I lost a player rated around 2300 and on my 3rd team game with JM zlc I lost a player rayed around 2450. On my 4th team game using the vega Pro I won against one player rated 2690, one 2570 and almost won against one 2550.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2015 at 6:41pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 2:06pm
bump

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2015 at 6:52pm
bump
Claudiu84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudiu84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2016 at 8:45am
The topic is still available?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2016 at 8:51am
No
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic