FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy + Dianchi & Falco Boost.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 11:21pm
Aroonki if you spent a few seconds the read what all the helpful people who have answered your questions and then said thank you and talked to them

rather than fight a winless argument with someone you don't know

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Sponsored Links

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Falco and TRF works well on Tenergy, just one layer if the rubber is new. More layers and the rubber gets too soft and mushy. 

I tried TRF long ago. The speed on touch game went up a lot. Very hard to control short game. Not good at all.

For Falco long, I boosted once on used half life T05 after dug it up from 5month storage. Rubber was slower than a new sheet. It was shrunk a lit too. After boosted, it played nice and came back to life. It was little softer than a new one. I liked it and it is still on my blade. I feel it increase in speed and spin. I don't feel loosing control much in short game either. As I loop, it actually feels better. The dwell time is longer and I feel the balls sink more. Overall I like it.

I never tried heavy boosted like pics. (I will try soon on this old current sheet.)

Never tried Dianchi on T05. I have a fresh T05 and now debating between put once test Falco or Dianchi.

Edited by aroonkl - 04/16/2015 at 1:44am
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

I am sure some pros boost, but definitely not all, and most likely none of the best.
Really? Name some please. Tops who are not boosting their rubbers. ( Joo with P1-Curl?) Embarrassed
[/QUOTE]

Because this discussion was on another thread, i insist that the players who boost their tenergies are soooooo few!Ofc the most of members here, insisted that almost ALL boost their teenrgies, which i think not cause i know some pro players.But better to stop cause the same members will tell me that i dont know Tongue
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 1:51am
most tour de france riders boost themselves ,lets do it 

the thing is pro's boosting and you and I down the local club are Worlds apart
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 2:14am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

Aroonki if you spent a few seconds the read what all the helpful people who have answered your questions and then said thank you and talked to them

rather than fight a winless argument with someone you don't know
Sorry Smackman and other members for the heat I got. The troll kinda throw me off. You are not Pro, so you are stupid to try to boost.... Your skill is flaw.... Mine is good.. I don't use Tenergy bc it is too easy...
Ya Da Ya Da thing. 

Back to topic.
The Pros boost. Spin and speed increase. It has drawback as speed increase , specially  in table short game is harder to control. So they train for it.

Some say rubber life is shorten. I would suggest other opinion, along with some members' stories above, mild boost bring rubber back from by-gone factory effect. (my old kept Tenergy was recovered to great playing condition. Gain xtra 2 months from by gone condition.) 

Thank you for sharing your experience (experiment Big smile).

Edited by aroonkl - 04/16/2015 at 4:04am
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 2:40am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

most tour de france riders boost themselves ,lets do it 

the thing is pro's boosting and you and I down the local club are Worlds apart
May be we should drop our BTY hi-tech blades and rubbers. Go Walmart and buy paddle with junk rubbers, play forever and change paddle once 5 years then. Sleepy
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 3:43am
I've only tried falco long booster on t05. Result was just fine. But I suspect the affect lasted a bit too short.
On the other hand my friend boosted his acuda s1 turbo with both falco long booster and dianchi and he thinks dianchi lasted longer and the affect was a bit better.
Ps: We both did just one layer .
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 7:42am
I've boosted Tenergy with Falco Booster (and Long).
If you boost T05 you will get a new rubber with:
1. more speed
2. less spin
3. lower throw angle
4. less durability
5. more bouncy (worst short game)

I don't recommend boosting Tenergy . If you want to boost buy a cheaper rubber, you will almost have the same result.

Edited by Stavros - 04/17/2015 at 2:52am
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 8:09am
Tenergy 05 is only an all-round rubber which is very good in control.
Pros need more speed on a high control rubber.
That's why they boost. And they use TRF, not Falco, due to its speed effect.

Just ask to see a T05 from a pro, no one could revive the old T05 from pros: the damage is not in the sponge, it is on the topsheet.

Humble players like us use booster differently from pros. We try to recover the sponge or bring back the speed, to play a bit longer. In this way, Falco is more stable.

There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 2:49pm
I put 2 coats of Falco Long on current worn-out T64. It domes pretty good. I will try tonight with my reg friends if I could control in short game and block.

Edited by aroonkl - 04/17/2015 at 5:25am
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 2:48am
T64 with booster. Very very, uncontrollable.

Edited by Stavros - 04/17/2015 at 2:51am
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 7:19am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

I've boosted Tenergy with Falco Booster (and Long).
If you boost T05 you will get a new rubber with:
1. more speed
2. less spin
3. lower throw angle
4. less durability
5. more bouncy (worst short game)

I don't recommend boosting Tenergy . If you want to boost buy a cheaper rubber, you will almost have the same result.

I did not get these results when I used to play with T05 + normal Falco or TRF. What you described is result of overboosting, IMO.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 6:01pm
I have tried my T05 with two layers of Falco Long. Although only two months old, its topsheet was already dead and I only removed the sheet and glued it back about 6 times. It lost its speed to and I had hoped to restore it.... it did not work out unfortunately. The topsheet still did not work. The benefits of boosting were that it was very fast. On the other side of my blade there is a brand new sheet of Joola Maxxx 500 and it was better in every area.

The comparison is not fully fair because it is a brand new sheet versus a seemingly dead one. If the Tenergy had been new, it would have beaten the Joola in every way.

Anyway, the huge benefit of boosting the T05 is that it becomes a little harder and absorbs incoming high speed balls better than anything else. It becomes very good for counterlooping, especially away from the table. But as the topsheet of mine is dead, nothing will help it any more and it is a huge disappointment in terms of durability.

As for the booster effect, Falco Long is good if you do not overdo it  but I think TRF would have a better effect on it, adding more control.
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 6:40pm
Trf was a nightmare. Tried it on Spinart and Tenergy. Big NO NO.
I did not feel sponge went softer much. Speed in slow/medium stokes were lot faster, uncontrollable. At Hi-gear, I also did not like it, not good dwell time. The balls were just shooting out.

For Tenergy, Falco works good for me.

Edited by aroonkl - 04/17/2015 at 6:46pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 7:26pm
A lot of this comes down to personal preference but I didnt like the effect of boosting new Tenergy and would never do it again. It totally destroyed margin for error on short game. Possibly I over boosted it. But it is too expensive to make a mistake. If you try it go easy with it. I used Revolution booster.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 2:49pm
I have just boosted lightly...a 1 year old sheet of 05FX with Falco long.   I only did it because I had glued the rubber on and off about 4 times and used it little in the year.   But after regluing it a few times from 1 to 2 layers and removing the glue layers a couple times...it shrunk a few mm's. 

So just to make it fit the blade closely enough, I left 2 light layers of my Tear Mender on it...then spread a fairly thin layer on it.   Waited about 4-6 hours...and it reacted enough to dome the FX sponge more than enough....about 3mm wider than normal peremiter size.  

Then I took off the saturated glue layer and let the sponge breath and relax.  48 hours later the expansion has come back maybe half way or so.   So it is close enough the small amount of expansion I wanted.   Applied 2 light layers of TE on it again and 1 on the blade.  

I will see what happens over the course of the next month or so as to the sponge changing in anyway.....mushy or hard.....or if any loss of normal unboosted control is evident. 

The red T05fx on the other side is stock and never boosted.  It did not seem to shrink as much as the black it seems.   So I will also have a good comparison to sponge behavior after the falco wears off the black one in a month or more. 

Not sure if the normal T sponges react as much as the softer FX ones....but I was surprised to see how much it did react with a light layer through 2 layers of glue so quickly. 

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

I don't use tenergy because it spoils technique.

What a joker you are! If Tenergy spoils technique, so do all modern tensors!
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic