Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy + Dianchi & Falco Boost.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy + Dianchi & Falco Boost.
    Posted: 04/14/2015 at 4:44pm
Tenergy + Dianchi or Falco.
Which one do you suggest? Spin wise.
Sponsored Links

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2015 at 6:31pm
Lol. If youre having a hard time generating spin with a superior rubber such as that, you need to spend time on technique. Not worrying about which glue or booster to use.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2015 at 10:20pm
Use Falcons long , T05 sound sound like a woodpecker after 3 layer
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2015 at 10:23pm
Asifgunz , you have no clue what level Aroonkl play at so let not talk about technique
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2015 at 11:00pm
I don't need to know his level of play. Tenergy is a superior rubber by popular demand. If he needs booster or glue to get an effect out of an already superior rubber, I can definitely question his technique. That's the beauty of internet.
He asked what we would suggest. I replied, better technique.

chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2015 at 11:05pm
I could say, Dianchi is better than Falco Long, due to its thinner fluid.
And, more important, Dianchi is stronger in term of effect, so you don't need a thick heavy layer like Falco, if bat weight is also crucial.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2015 at 11:34pm
http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/355/ndm-2015---die-schlaeger-der-deutschen-stars/5

Look like these top Germany players have problem with their technique.
If you could not tell their rubbers are boosted, educate yourself.

It is really beauty of the internet when one could comment on anything. But when you show off yourself with no clue what you are talking about.
Kind of embarrassing. Don't you think.   
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

I don't need to know his level of play. Tenergy is a superior rubber by popular demand. If he needs booster or glue to get an effect out of an already superior rubber, I can definitely question his technique. That's the beauty of internet.
He asked what we would suggest. I replied, better technique.

Edited by aroonkl - 04/14/2015 at 11:49pm
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 12:21am
My experience was that with booster you will get only speed out of it. Not spin. Totally uncontrollable tool.  
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 1:04am
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

Tenergy + Dianchi or Falco.
Which one do you suggest? Spin wise.

Dymax Maximizer! Rubber plays softer and spin increases.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
RyKnocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 1:05am
Boosting a tensored rubber would only kill the sheet in my opinion.  The rubber is already formulated for tension and by boosting it, you'll be stretching it even more.  You may get a period of extra speed, but after that I think the rubber will just die.

You posted a link to bats used by professionals.  While they might get some benefit out of it, they also have an endless supply of Tenergy that they can use at request.  

Not worth destroying a $70 piece of rubber that's already top of the class IMO.
BTY Viscaria: FH Black Battle II / BH Red 802-40 2.0mm

Galaxy W-6: FH: FH/BH Yinhe Big Dipper 38*
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 1:13am
http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/355/ndm-2015---die-schlaeger-der-deutschen-stars/5

made me look at those blades and rubbers, (I never looked at them all) but it did seem like the non tenergy rubbers were the most boosted, the other thing is what does  pictures of high level players bats have  relevance to anything? 

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 1:24am
What booster did you try?
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

My experience was that with booster you will get only speed out of it. Not spin. Totally uncontrollable tool.  
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 1:34am
I boosted my T05 with 2 layers of Falco Long and I am testing it tonight. It performed noticeably worse after 2 months and about 6 removals so I boosted it.

It is true that boosting kills rubbers but if you train regularly like 15 hours a week, you will not get most out of any rubber than 3 months, boosted or unboosted.
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 1:40am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

made me look at those blades and rubbers, (I never looked at them all) but it did seem like the non tenergy rubbers were the most boosted, the other thing is what does  pictures of high level players bats have  relevance to anything?  

This is how Boosted Tenergy look like.

Topic  Tenergy + Dianchi & Falco boost
Effect: ?
Experience from other members: ?  

Relevance: To my skill and I don't do proper technique???
Relevance: To your understanding???
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 1:53am
Lol just because some German Pros* boost their rubbers, doesn't mean you have to as well. If the Pros jump off 10 story buildings, does it mean you will too ? You're not a German Pro*. and there's no way you play at their* level lmao.
I wasn't showing off. I don't use tenergy because it spoils technique.
You opened the discussion to everyone. Hence I put in my 2 cents. It's up to you whether or not you will go that route.

Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 1:58am
boosting tenergy is like putting a loud 30 dollar ebay muffler on a 100 000 $ sports car, to make it go faster. You ruin your otherwise great rubber, you make it softer which is bad, you make the properties variable and deteriorating literally every day. And on top of that you lose control. I am sure some pros boost, but definitely not all, and most likely none of the best. Not for moral principles or legality, but just because its stupid. 
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 2:23am
All pros have probably tried boosting, whether Tenergy or other.
A very few have tried boosting and never bothered after that.
Some pros personally boost using about 5 different brands.
Some use a light 1-layer boost.
Some use a multi-layer application.
Some have their rubbers prepared by professional boosters.
Take your pick if you want to be like the pros.

The advanced amateurs/semi-pro, (many of which play at same standard as pros) are probably 50/50 whether they boost or not. I suspect that most don't as the gain is too small to bother with the hassle and cost.

Edited by Tinykin - 04/15/2015 at 2:26am
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 2:34am

Lol just because some German Pros* boost their rubbers, doesn't mean you have to as well. If the Pros jump off 10 story buildings, does it mean you will too ? You're not a German Pro*. and there's no way you play at their* level lmao.
If you could not tell rational samples and you try. Or something stupid and you try/follow are different thing. Never mind.

I wasn't showing off. I don't use tenergy because it spoils technique. 
If your technique is spoiled bc of Tenergy. It is really your tq is low.

You opened the discussion to everyone. Hence I put in my 2 cents. It's up to you whether or not you will go that route.
I did not open laughable discussion as "Would I play like a Pro if I boost my Tenergy?" or " If I boost my Tenergy, my rating would go up 200+?"
My topic is Tenergy + booster for members who could share experience. Please have 2 cents.

Edited by aroonkl - 04/15/2015 at 4:01am
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

boosting tenergy is like putting a loud 30 dollar ebay muffler on a 100 000 $ sports car, to make it go faster. 
So you mean Pro players boost, equivilant to pro driver would put $30 on their $100000 cars. Embarrassed

you make it softer which is bad,  
Decade ago, we put speed glue on great rubbers like Sriver & Bryce (Bryce was initially announced as catapult effected and needed no glue.) They went softer after gluing which were bad??? Embarrassed

I am sure some pros boost, but definitely not all, and most likely none of the best.
Really? Name some please. Tops who are not boosting their rubbers. ( Joo with P1-Curl?) Embarrassed

Edited by aroonkl - 04/15/2015 at 4:42am
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 3:16am
Poor aroonkl, let the guy try boosting what he wants. Who cares if he's right or wrong. If he doesn't like it he will stop boosting it. This thread has been derailed. Let's try getting it back on track. I'm sorry aroonkl, I don't know which booster is best for you. Maybe some others can shed some more light to help you out.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 3:27am
Falco and TRF works well on Tenergy, just one layer if the rubber is new. More layers and the rubber gets too soft and mushy. 
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 9:38am
My technique has nothing to do with tenergy. I have tried it before. Its too easy to play with.
Good luck. Looking forward to see you in the next German Open.

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 10:10am
As a regular T05 user (at night I even sleep on a pillowcase made out of Tenergy), I like to brush a layer of Falco on my older Tenergy rubbers with no life left or if they have shrunk from sitting in a baggie for too long. Tenergy topsheet is almost always good, but the sponge does wear out after a while. Booster can remedy this, albeit for a short time.

Of course I don't put booster on a brand new Tenergy, but I can understand if people want to do that.

But removing the glue from a blade that had a falco boosted rubber on it is harder because it becomes a little bit oily, so the glue doesn't roll up into those little balls. It smears a lot.

Edited by LOOPMEISTER - 04/15/2015 at 10:11am
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 10:46am

My technique has nothing to do with tenergy. I have tried it before. Its too easy to play with.
Tenergy is too easy to play with. And as you mentioned it also spoils your technique. LOL
Cut the BS and get trained. LOL.

Edited by aroonkl - 04/15/2015 at 11:18am
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 11:42am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

As a regular T05 user (at night I even sleep on a pillowcase made out of Tenergy), I like to brush a layer of Falco on my older Tenergy rubbers with no life left or if they have shrunk from sitting in a baggie for too long. Tenergy topsheet is almost always good, but the sponge does wear out after a while. Booster can remedy this, albeit for a short time.
I do the same thing. After about 3-4 month of play the T05 the sponge seems to loose its springyness and comes back to life with booster for another 4-6 weeks or so. I have done this several times with Falco booster and the rubber is good enough for practice but I would not want to use it in a tournament. It just feels different. I have now tried the same thing with Dymax Maximizer and the rubber feels much livelier and better than with Falco. I recently also booster a new T05 with Dymax (just one layer though) and it feels a little bit softer but I really liked the overall feel. It's closer to the odl speed glue feel compared to Falco.
If you wanted to boost a new T05 (and do not like a softer feel too much) I would recommend to get a heavy sheet and then use Dymax. Apply only 1 layer initially and go from there.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 12:05pm

What booster did you try?
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

Falco Long
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 5:38pm
Once you boost your rubber it turns into another different one and there´s no way to go back even if you wait for the boost effect dissapear in a few weeks. 

IMO, any booster i have tried adds spin, just only around 15-20% more speed. Even if you overboost or make an uneven boosting job,  every single ball will go down out just to the net.

Boosters are fine but just only a thin layer on Euro rubbers. Chinese need even 2-3 layers. Everybody knows 100% pros boost their rubbers, if still really think that none of the best don´t boost, then you must be so naive or definitly you haven´t seen any pro-players playing close to you.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 10:12pm

Tenergy is too easy to play with. And as you mentioned it also spoils your technique. LOL

If only you took your own advice regarding training; we would have one less thread.

Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 10:28pm
Like you said if it's that easy to play with your "great" technique why didn't you stay with it ? I boost because I enjoy the feel and sound the T05 makes , and no an old guy like myself will never it to the German leagues ,
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 11:02pm
The way you comment on Tenergy, easy to play with/spoil your technique/ Tenergy is too jumpy. And looked down my skills when I asked other to share experience with boost Tenergy. Kind of strange when you talk like a high level player preaching. Make me wonder if you make to 2000 or even 1800 yet.

If only you took your own advice regarding training; we would have one less thread.

Edited by aroonkl - 04/15/2015 at 11:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic