Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xiom hayabusa zxi rubber recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xiom hayabusa zxi rubber recommendation
    Posted: 04/17/2015 at 10:29pm
How yall doin. Im not up for much ejing. Seeing that my rubbers are relatively old . Bh omega iv pro about 1.5+ years and sigma 2 pro about 2+ years old. I still manage to juice spin out of these rubbers in game.
Used friendship aurora 40deg for less than a week. It played good the first day and slowly just didnt feel right At one point. 42 deg would be better for me.
I decided to put it on my dads 729 v6 cpen blade. Just waiting on its arrival now.
So here i am. Hoping for some recommendation for my fh rubber for the hayabus zxi. Open to any brand. Currently using a 10$ sticky rubber haha! Picks up ball for like a good 8-9 seconds on average. not saying name :p

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Sponsored Links

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 11:40pm
Can give Big Dipper a try if you have not done so. It is a hot item now. So many choices if you don't want Chinese tacky. Andro Rasant PG/G are my favourite.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 11:56pm
I really wanted to try the rasant grip. But few peoplestated it dies in a month or so.
Then again someone said omega dies in 2 months and im bout to hit 2 years with mine lol.
Powergrip is a little too soft for my taste. Its at 40-42deg right?

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 2:48am
Don't know about the degree but Powergrip is harder and faster than Grip so I have PG on FH and G on BH. I think you have it mix up with the soft Powersponge.

Edited by TurboZ - 04/18/2015 at 2:51am
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 10:57am
Oh oops youre right. Powergrip is the hardest of andro rubbers. 49 deg i belive.
Hows the durability on the powergrip?

Thanks.

NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 12:34pm
Why won't you say the name of the rubber so perhaps we can help you recommend rubbers that might be similar or better than it? This is like asking the forum about miracle rubbers that we know of, you may not as well ask as we would just want to hide it from you. What do you like about this current rubber and what don't you like about it that you're deciding to change it?

Andro rubbers from my recollection have great durability so I would not worry much about that. 

I've heard of good things about Xiom Omega V, Nittaku Renanos Hold, Rakza X, and Rhyzym - perhaps you can give those a try.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 12:39pm
Xiom is a brand I have stood by for years. Right now im in between Omega V pro (heard it's slower than the IV pro) or Rasant powergrip.
Lol maybe it's a prototype of some sort. Maybe It's a gem in the making. Maybe, the mystery makes the rubber that much better. We will never know.

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 12:57pm
I tried Renanos Hold on ZXi and it seem to have enough power (but less than OIVP) while having good control and should last longer than any Rasant.  On the other hand if you want equal or faster than OIVP go for Rasant Grip or Turbo, these have better feel than the Omega series (which I like as well)
interact215 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interact215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 4:35pm
I'm thinking about getting the ZXi. How does it compare to other high end blades with similar specs? I want to use it for a quick attack style close to the table.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 5:03pm
Two people have said it plays exactly the same as zjk szlc. Yes, szlc, not just zlc xp.
I find it to be superb for everything. Flicking, pushing, looping, occasional chopping. The blocks are super fun. Even when the ball pops due to my bad return, i can run few steps back and still continue to battle for the point.
The ball feel is to die for. I dont feel any vibration. But the feel by itself makes the blade worth getting.
A lot of the qualities I have mentioned, are rubber and technique dependent as well. I will wholeheartedly recommend this blade.
One thing tho, I have big hands for a 5'10 guy. The FL handle, made in korea isnt as thick as other brands or compared to strad for example. So i wrap rope and gauze tape above it.
Blades neck comes factory sharpened. I would recommend Using the shaver that comes with the blade.
I misplaced mine so i wrap gauze tape on the neck.
5 minutes and you have yourself a superb blade that can compete with bty zlc, if not szlc blades.

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

I tried Renanos Hold on ZXi and it seem to have enough power (but less than OIVP) while having good control and should last longer than any Rasant.  On the other hand if you want equal or faster than OIVP go for Rasant Grip or Turbo, these have better feel than the Omega series (which I like as well)

Thanks Mr. Tom.
I have never been keen on nittaku rubbers. They cost more than mark v and imo give about the same performance.
I will definately bear in mind the rasant vs xiom series.

interact215 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interact215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 10:20pm
Tks for the details on your ZXi experience. I've been EJng in the 5 months since I started playing.  I had already bought the Stradivarius before the Hiyabusa was on my radar. The Strad has been promising, but I'm wondering if the ZXi might give me something closer to the "wow" factor I'm looking for. The Xiom site shows the specs of the Strad and the ZXi are very close, so I'm not sure if it's worth it to drop the bucks on the ZXi since I have the Strad. 

Also, I'm a penhold player and using short pips on my forehand, so I guess it's kind of a crap shoot to know if the experience of a double inverted player will translate to my penhold SP game. The ZXi is available in PH, but it's not one of the Xioms most commonly used for PH (those being the Strad, Ignito, and V1).
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 10:28pm
Theres a big review that xiom did with various divisions of players in korea. From loopers to choppers of both end. They all looked comfortable with their strokes in the video.

Strad gets weaker past 6 ft off the table. Zxi kicks in high gear like jet li .
Plus zxi is really fast according to most people. I find it perfect imo. The feel is tripled to an already great feel of strad.

Zxi is also stiffer imo. Strad has better flex for looping. But with good technique, balls that go into rallys, will lead to easy points. It wont be rallys anymore lmao.

Strad is like Ma long. Zxi is like Xu Xin. Xp

PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

So here i am. Hoping for some recommendation for my fh rubber for the hayabus zxi. Open to any brand.

DHS PF4 newer version.  It teaches the right techniquesClap
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 12:42am
lol, Thanks Ming. It will probably be slower than my 10$ rubber but I might just try it :P

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic