Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Sticking Used Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
reppina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reppina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sticking Used Rubbers
    Posted: 04/24/2015 at 3:11pm
Hi guys,

How do I stick rubbers that are used and have shrunk slightly onto my blade as there will be gap around the edge if I stick it normally.

Thank you!
Xiom Diva
FH: Adidas P7
BH: Tibhar Genius Sound
Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by reppina reppina wrote:

Hi guys,
How do I stick rubbers that are used and have shrunk slightly onto my blade as there will be gap around the edge if I stick it normally.
Thank you!
=======================
Use rubber cement, it will expand the rubber slightly.
Leave it in the open area for 2 days before the tournament, the VOC will be gone.
skip3119
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 1:08pm
Or you can use Ultra Fine Kerosene (like they sell as fuel for torches at your local hardware or yard/garden supply store). Spread half of teaspoon of it on the sponge (just don't let it touch the topsheet) and leave it for an hour or so. This will add 1-2 mm, and will make the rubber a bit faster and softer. This is not legal at the high-level tournaments so make sure you do that 3-4 days in advance so that VOC is mostly gone by the time you play.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 2:45pm
Olive oil stretches any rubber. Chinese to esn tensors. You name it. It will stretch it. Careful with edges . If it gets between sponge and topsheet. Creates ugly bubble!

Havent tested on tenergy.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
reppina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reppina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 3:49pm
Thanks guys - anyone got any other tips? I will try these on some old rubbers first...
Xiom Diva
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 6:25pm
start gluing them from the top
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 6:59pm
Just glue them with a little but of pressure (not to much because that is bad) and you rubber willfit
reppina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reppina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Just glue them with a little but of pressure (not to much because that is bad) and you rubber willfit
Yeah I tried that but it still wasn't big enough for the blade. 

Edited by reppina - 04/26/2015 at 11:32am
Xiom Diva
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 7:00pm
Apply to the sponge, a mixture of mineral oil to white lamp oil, in a ratio of 1:3. It expands the rubber (and tunes it), so you can then apply it to your blade, and possibly trim it to fit. It has always worked for me.
Been doing this for a few years, since I started buying used rubbers on MyTT.net (yeeeck!    ). Lol!

Edited by king_pong - 04/27/2015 at 12:52am
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Purett Purett wrote:

start gluing them from the top
Iwill sometimes do this method
you may end up with a small gap at the bottom but may be better than (or if) the rubber srinking once chemicals or oils dry out
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2015 at 7:26pm
you can use regular rubber cement.  But don't wait 2 days like the original reply said...the rubber will be almost back to size within 2 hours, much less 2 days.

Glue it and give it maybe 30min at the most.  Then stick it on.  You can put it against flip side the blade to measure.  If it seems ok, slap it on the glued side.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2015 at 9:17pm

Crude latex milk to secure your rubber against the shrinkage.
CRUDE LATEX MILK, Revultex LA, Bulky Barrel of 200 Kilogrammes.

Be happy.
reppina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reppina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2015 at 7:37am
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

Apply to the sponge, a mixture of mineral oil to white lamp oil, in a ratio of 1:3. It expands the rubber (and tunes it), so you can then apply it to your blade, and possibly trim it to fit. It has always worked for me.
Been doing this for a few years, since I started buying used rubbers on MyTT.net (yeeeck!    ). Lol!

I'll try that. Thank you!
Xiom Diva
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic