Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Petr Korbel vs Innerforce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Netbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Petr Korbel vs Innerforce
    Posted: 04/26/2015 at 4:33pm
Im looking for a blade that is a step up from the Butterfly Petr Korbel, but with the same feeling. I always prefered all wood blades, but 7-ply often dont feel that great for my game (fh topspin, bh topspin on first ball, but in rally like really aggressive block. Cant call it a drive, because its a fast attacking ball with mainly wrist movement and often guiding the ball a bit down).

I tried the Boll Spirit, but it lacks the feeling I have with an all wood blade. The Innerforce series could be a good blade for me, because it first has the 2 limba plies, just like the Korbel and then the carbon/fiber ply before the ayous core.

Which of the Innerforce blades feels the most like the Petr Korbel and are they quicker than the Korbel? I assumed they were, but they are thinner, and some sites my butterfly stats rate the speed of the Innerforce ZLF lower than the Petr Korbel.

My eye was on the Innerforce ZLF, because in some reviews people said this blade had a really woody feeling. Im afraid the ALC version will still feel too much like a carbon blade, eventhough its not underneath the top limba ply.

Hope someone can help me out

Sponsored Links

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 5:46pm
Do the same Apolonia did.. Petr Korbel to Liu Shiwen. 
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Netbal Netbal wrote:

I always prefered all wood blades, but 7-ply often dont feel that great for my game (fh topspin, bh topspin on first ball, but in rally like really aggressive block. Cant call it a drive, because its a fast attacking ball with mainly wrist movement and often guiding the ball a bit down).

Hope someone can help me out

I think people here call this shot "a BH punch".

Edited by JacekGM - 04/26/2015 at 10:39pm
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
bayttplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2015 at 12:48am
Innerforce ZLF will be very soft, you won't see much difference. So don't see a point to change why just keep Korbel.

Innerforce-ZLC FL + H3 + T80

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2015 at 1:35am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Do the same Apolonia did.. Petr Korbel to Liu Shiwen. 
That was OP had eyes on it. Some member reviewed b4. LSW should be very close/similar to Innerforce ZLF. 

Edited by aroonkl - 04/27/2015 at 1:36am
Netbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2015 at 4:23am
Originally posted by bayttplayer bayttplayer wrote:

Innerforce ZLF will be very soft, you won't see much difference. So don't see a point to change why just keep Korbel.

What blade would you suggest? Because I need a faster blade than the Korbel, but with the same feeling. I already tried the Xiom Offensive which was not fast enough. I now have a Boll W5 which I bought from someone, but I prefer Anatomic handle and I got a FL one now. They dont sell the Boll W5 anymore and the last one with An handle is 93gr, I prefer my blade to be 85-88gr.

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2015 at 4:26am
try to find an Innerforce ZLC to try
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2015 at 9:41am
Your answer might be inf AL or ZLF

Inner AL might be a slow option due to BTY chart, but play great with control and enough speed.
zlf is speedy with good control

Though t5000 has a great furious look, and so it is very stiff ,fast and not really controllable.

I never try ALC and it is not a popular blade , I often see it being on sell after a few uses.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2015 at 10:22am
All innerforce blades are better than Korbel on any objective metric you can come up with. At minimum, ZLF is just as slow and just as soft, but without the vibration and with much better control. 

However you are talking about 'feel'. This 'feel' can be very subjective. For example, for me TB Spirit has a great feel. But I owned a korbel, primoracs, and every blade in the Innerforce series, and I know that 'feel' of limba you are talking about. That is a BAD thing to have such a feel on your blade, although I will grant you that the feeling itself is nice. But really all you feel is vibration, that is killing your control. There is no way of having both vibration and good control. 

All innerforce blades have some kind of fiber inside, that will stabilize the blade and reduce vibration. You can still have the soft limba outers, but vibration will be greatly reduced, and control greatly improved. 

If you want to keep as much vibration as possible, ZLC actually vibrates more than ALC, despite being faster. Arylate carbon completely eliminates vibration, like with a magic wand. That's why those blades feel 'dead' to people who come from limba, and yet that is the most popular type of synthetic blade among the pros.
My advice is suck it up and focus on the results of the blade, not the feel. Eventually if you want to use a good blade, you will have to lose vibration, and the feel that comes with it. You will get used to it pretty fast.
Eventually you will understand that even innerforce series is just a stepping stone : ). Don't waste any more time with limba and move straight to Koto outer + ALC my friend :)
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2015 at 11:05am

Im looking for a blade that is a step up from the Butterfly Petr Korbel, but with the same feeling.

Feel is a very personal and subjective thing (as is "control"), so if you have tried the TBS and disliked it, I wouldn't go further down the koto/ALC route until you've exhausted some more options.  That said, I've owned a lot of ALC blades and some have felt much better than others.  There can be wide variation between different batches of the same blade.

If you have to stick with BTY, the IF-ALC is a good move and will give you what you are asking for.  I think that it's expensive for what it is though.

My recent personal experience has led me down a similar path to yours - I used all-wood for most of last year, liked the feel, had a lot of success.  With the plastic ball I felt like I needed a bit more speed (but without a harder feel and without giving up too much short game feel), so I've gone with the WSC JO Shape, which has been a great fit over the last few weeks.  It's worth considering, and the WSC is a blade which often crops up when people move from a Korbel.

This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
bayttplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2015 at 1:33pm

Originally posted by bayttplayer bayttplayer wrote:

What blade would you suggest? Because I need a faster blade than the Korbel, but with the same feeling. I already tried the Xiom Offensive which was not fast enough. I now have a Boll W5 which I bought from someone, but I prefer Anatomic handle and I got a FL one now. They dont sell the Boll W5 anymore and the last one with An handle is 93gr, I prefer my blade to be 85-88gr.

Ok. I come from soft wood blade( HH, Offensive NCT, ect...) to medium hard (HH656, YEO, Titanium 5.4 ect..) and to Hard wood (Intensity NCT, Hybrid NCT, ect...) and also some 7 layer blade(Clipper CC, ect..). bsically I use wood blade for 95% of my TT life. Now using Innerforce ZLC.
because I was switch from hard wood blade to innerforce ZLC, I feel ZLC actually easy to control wasn't take much time to adjust. 
In your case from a very soft wood blade depend on how much difference you want.
If you want something you can play right away without much adjustment, go innerforce zlf.
But I don't recommand this personally, because the step too little, you will feel good at the beginning but few months later you will want something little more power again.
I would say at least go with TB ZLF or
Hurricane Hao 3 (singer carbon) these two blade holds the ball very long.
You can also try innerfore ZLC, I'd try innerforce zlf and innerforce ALC, ZLC is the best for me.
BTW, for butterfy blade don't get the one below average weight. many light weight butterfly I try so far are lock of power. 

Edited by bayttplayer - 04/27/2015 at 2:06pm
Innerforce-ZLC FL + H3 + T80

Netbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2015 at 6:39pm
Thank you for the tip. I did see an Innerforce ZLF on this site for a reasonable price with anatomic handle, so I was really tempted to buy it.  Some other people advised the Xiom Hayabusa ZXi, but that isnt produced in anatomic. Recently I tried the Boll W5 which has a good feeling with the Koto layer and good pace, but is not produced anymore. And Butterfly products cant be shipped internationally, so I cant even buy 1 from stores that have them outside my country. Tonight I played with my Stiga Optimum plus NCT and DHS Hurricane Long 3. The Hurricane Long 3 is a bit too fast right now because I have been defending a lot recently, but the feeling is quite nice. I played well with the Optimum Plus, but not a fan of the NCT coating on my backhand. Again that mysterious 'feeling'.

For now those blades will do, but Ill keep my eyes out for a good Innerforce ALC / ZLC deal to test and dont go for the ZLF, because several people now said its not a step up from the Korbel speedwise. And maybe Ill go to my tabletennis store when I have some time to see if I can try out the waldner senso carbon. I saw they also have an ultra senso carbon which is a bit faster. Those blades are reasonably priced to try.
Or maybe even take the advice of Victor and focus less on feeling and more on result. Because I beat someone easily with 3-0 with the Timo Boll Spirit, while I lost with another blade I was testing.

Edited by Netbal - 04/27/2015 at 6:48pm
malin87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malin87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2015 at 8:35am
I think rosewood5 is a 5ply wood as ur corbel and much faster!
Icecream AZX,T05,Spectol21
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic