Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acuda s2 but more durable for FH ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
naokha View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naokha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acuda s2 but more durable for FH ?
    Posted: 05/02/2015 at 12:00pm
Hello guys,

I would like to replace my T05 2.1 (on my forehand) as it doesn't fit my need or my playing level. I'm a looping player, mainly first attack ball (however my level is not high at all). With T05, I don't
feel safe for that type of game. I think its throw angle is too high for me, and may be it lacks of dynamism for my first ball attacks.. Consequences, my balls hardly land on the table, it goes longer, as I must modify my FH gesture and it's way less efficient even if my ball land on the table as it's not a natural move.

I played 2 years ago with an Acuda s2 2.0 on forehand, it was not on my current blade (M.Maze), and it was really good for first ball attack. However, I had durability issues with S2, so I switched and tested various FH rubbers since, T05, Vega pro, but none of them were as good as S2 for first ball attack.

So, what would you do if you were me ? Get acuda s2 back, and buy a new sheet when it loses its liveliness, grip and so on ? If so, do you think it would be compatible with M.Maze blade (as I never tested s2 on this blade yet) ?
Or do you know any rubber good for first ball attack on FH like S2, but more durable ?

To be more precise, what I loved in S2 was its ability to produce a huge amount of spin, and to feel so safe that I could top spin any - long enough - ball of my opponents, with a very nice accuracy. It could seem odd to you, but I think I put way more spin with S2 than with my current T05, because it was so natural, and on the other hand, I think my skills aren't high enough to fully take advantage of T05.

Thanks !
ps : sorry for my perfectible English

Edited by naokha - 05/02/2015 at 2:05pm
Sponsored Links

CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 12:31pm
You could reduce the sponge thickness, if you are currently using 2.1 (Max)...

Or go to T05 FX on FH to help you feel the ball on sponge contact better (I have previously done this on M. Maze) and reduce the sponge thickness maybe...

Tenergy usually wins on durability, but Acuda S2 may be your sweet spot...

Are you using a plastic ball yet? They are typically slower balls land more in the table in my experience. Just a thought to not change yet...

Edited by CraneStyle - 05/02/2015 at 12:39pm
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
naokha View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naokha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 1:14pm
Hi,
I'm not using plastic ball and I think we won't change soon as it seems the federation chose to let clubs decide wether to keep celluloid balls or switch to plastic ones.

I was also thinking about decreasing the sponge thickness, but still, I'm not sure I'll find the same kind of dynamism found in Acuda with T05. However, FX version seems to be more dynamic and user-friendly than T05, so it could be an idea.. :)
I totally agree about durability, that's why I dropped acuda for more durable rubbers.
But one question : T05fx could be quite mushy on M.Maze which is rather flexible, don't you think ?
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 1:40pm
I found T05 FX on M. Maze great great for FH touch, slow looping and power looping to be honest and even better for short spinny serves than T05 for me...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 2:03pm
If it fits your game best, go back to Acuda S2 and buy them from Tibi in the For Sale section for only 27 Euros a sheet. Win win.
naokha View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naokha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 2:17pm
Hmm 27 euros / sheet, woot nice deal. I'm gonna check this ;).
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 7:10pm
Vega japan maybe?

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
naokha View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naokha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2015 at 5:22am
Hello,

I would like to thank you all for your replies. For now, I decided to order 2 pieces of acuda s2 with the nice deal you talked me about.
In case of trouble, I'll test T05Fx and Vega Japan.

Thanks again.

Edited by naokha - 05/03/2015 at 5:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic