Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tabletennis11 rubber testing reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 1:44pm
ttping85: I trust your judgement - I've tried JP02 and RG at different times (on the same blade but not simultaneously).

How is Xiom OVE speed v/s JP02 & RG according to you?
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 2:13pm
Also, a request to TT11 and to ttping85:

I assume that a lot of times players need direction like, for example: "I'd like something a touch harder and faster than JP03 but grippy for the plastic ball" or "How is Omega V Europe speed & throw-wise v/s JP02, JP03, RG, etc?

ttping85: could you please volunteer to design a comparison table to put on TT11's website? You don't have to stick to the standard "speed", "spin" and "control" attributes. You can have your own (such as 'sponge hardness', 'topsheet hardness', 'topsheet grip', 'bounciness', 'dynamism' and 'throw').

Thanks!

Edited by slevin - 06/30/2015 at 2:21pm
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2015 at 3:13am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

ttping85: I trust your judgement - I've tried JP02 and RG at different times (on the same blade but not simultaneously).

How is Xiom OVE speed v/s JP02 & RG according to you?

I think OVE just slightly slower than JP02 and quite slower than RG. But I also think that OVE spinnier and has more control than the 2 others. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2015 at 3:15am

Also, a request to TT11 and to ttping85:

I assume that a lot of times players need direction like, for example: "I'd like something a touch harder and faster than JP03 but grippy for the plastic ball" or "How is Omega V Europe speed & throw-wise v/s JP02, JP03, RG, etc?

ttping85: could you please volunteer to design a comparison table to put on TT11's website? You don't have to stick to the standard "speed", "spin" and "control" attributes. You can have your own (such as 'sponge hardness', 'topsheet hardness', 'topsheet grip', 'bounciness', 'dynamism' and 'throw').

Thanks!

We have been planning to do this but didn't get to it. What kind of table would you suggest? Columns with different characteristics and lines with different rubbers? 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2015 at 8:55am
Rich215, we're waiting eagerly for your review - especially after your recent decision to try trade for Rasant Grip sheets in the 'For Sale' section! :)
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2015 at 8:56am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

We have been planning to do this but didn't get to it. What kind of table would you suggest? Columns with different characteristics and lines with different rubbers? 

Yes, exactly.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2015 at 12:12pm

Rich215, we're waiting eagerly for your review - especially after your recent decision to try trade for Rasant Grip sheets in the 'For Sale' section! :)

Yes,  I have been waiting to find another rubber to take over for my beloved Rakza 7 rubbers.  Since I use the soft version of the R7's.....I have been looking for a replacement that has a lower throw and slightly stiffer sponge..with a soft top sheet.  I use the regular R7 from time to time too, but find it too stiff or fast on many of my touch or short play.  The quick test the other night let me instantly to feel as the Rasant Grip just maybe exactly what I have been looking for. 

Tonight I will be playing at my normal club and have the change to play many matches.  I will be able to get a clear idea of this rubber after this.  I just new the Xiom rubbers were not what I was looking for instantly after hitting with them.  I got used to the higher rebound/bounce from the R7s and T05FX sponges.  The Xiom rubbers just lacked in that dept for me, and the regular R7 with the stiffer sponge was a bit too much. The topsheet on the T05fx just felt too stiff and throw was too high. 

Look for my review tomorrow sometime as I wont be home until very late this evening. 

Edited by Rich215 - 07/01/2015 at 12:14pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 11:09am
Initial Thoughts - MX-P 1.9-2.0 and Bluefire M1 Turbo 2.1-2.2

I got this in the mail passed on by patrickhrdlicka (who I coincidentally met at Westchester).  Recently. I have been doing a lot of work trying to figure out where my stroke sits between Tenergy 05 and MX-S.

Both test sheets have significant glue build up.  I put them on an ALL blade (a heavy Donic Appelgren AR Exclusive) - I tend to deal mostly in stuff that is ALL+ to the lower end of OFF, usually all wood.  Over time, my style has gone from being relatively flat to heavy topspin looping and occasional dummy looping on both sides.  While I have used medium soft rubbers (Rhyzm 42.5, Narucross GS Soft) at various points, I have been using hard rubbers almost exclusively on both forehand and backhand for over a year.

The rubbers were both pretty spinny and I could switch easily between both for forehand and backhand without missing much.  It had me wondering whether ESN needs to release so many rubbers after all.  Or maybe my strokes just makes every rubber feel the same.

Neither had that easy Tenergy spin, though both had a bit more catapult than MX-S, but definitely less than Tenergy 05, which can sometimes basically loop for you.

I will put them on an ALL+/OFF- blade (Yasaka Extra), try a variety of specialty shots and post final conclusions next week.  What I am trying to do is distinguish between these rubbers.  The niche that MX-S fills is basically a Tenergy 05 lover who wants to swing hard without dealing with catapult.  I am trying to see what MX-P and M1T have that makes them truly different and get to heart of what makes MX-P truly different from MX-S - it's likely catapult, but there may be other things.

Concluding thoughts
=============
So I have played some more with MX-P and M1T on a Samsonov Force Pro.  M1T is almost Chinese in some ways but without the tack.  You get a very dead rubber because of the harder sponge at slow speeds, but when you spin hard, you get good spin and dip.  Unfortunately, I don't think its top end speed will benefit most people who would consider it as many of them would likely opt for a true Chinese rubber.  That said, if you want a Chinese rubber with some catapult but don't like to boost, or want something not tacky and a bit dead in the short game but very spinny on larger strokes, M1T is for you.  Great smashes and decent flat blocks, though it took some adjusting to coming from Tenergy and MX-S.

MX-P was more in my wheel house - like Tenergy 05, but better linearity and control.  That said, my game is largely founded on tactical spin and MX-S suits this better.  With Tenergy 05, you want to slow/medium pace loop and counter most balls, and then loop drive the high ones.  You don't have real smashing options unless you train a lot.  MX-P remedies that by having more control and being less bouncy.  Less easy spin, but decent spin at the medium and top end - blocking and smashing are working, as does passive serve return in some cases.  With MX-S, there is the perception of no easy spin until you play enough to appreciate that you can brush everything and get fantastic spin, but just not the pace and high arc of MX-P unless you use your stroke to create it.  However, the payoff is with the blocking, smashing and loop driving game, whose speed is superior to Tenergy and spin/speed are about the same if you decide to generate it (Tenergy generates it for you).  Since I consider MX-S and T05 brothers in the spin game, I think of MX-P as where I would go to if I was not happy with my out of position strokes with MX-S or my flatter strokes with T05.  But since I am a spin addict, that is not happening anytime soon.  Right now, I love my larger motions with MX-S and are sticking with them.

Edited by NextLevel - 07/14/2015 at 1:48am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 12:20pm
Ok here are my opinions after the short test period of the Rasant Grip rubber. 

I usded it with my Juic SB Alpha blade with Rakza 7 soft 2.0 for first quick test.  Then the second full club night i used it with a regular Rakza 7 2.0 on the other side.  Big difference in testing with these 2 rubbers. 

First test- Rasant Grip with Rakza 7 Soft

Using the R7 soft the two rubbers were fairly comparable.  The Rasant Grip did bottom out fairly easy for me though.  Pushing was better with the R7S as i could not get as much backspin or more accurate placement with the RG.  The RG also had a tendency to leave my pushes well to high in comparison. 

Looping and hitting were closer in performance, though the RG has a softer feel than the R7S probably because of the top sheet difference in firmness/softness. But they were fairly close and twiddling back and forth during warm up FH counters did not leave me with a feeling that the 2 rubbers were much different in performance and feel for the most part.  It was hard for me to make
a decision when playing games which rubber suited my FH or BH with these 2 choices. 

Service return was probably the biggest factor in figuring out which one worked better for me.  I could get along with either on the FH side and adjust easily there.  But the service return really was had to adjust with the Rasant Grip.  The balls tended to have less control for me and harder to put backspin on the ball with various amounts and placement. 

Second Test with good level match play-  Rasant Grip vs Rakza 7 regular. 

Big difference here!    Not as comparable rubbers as using the soft R7. 

First off while warm up countering on FH couple steps off the table......R7 is way faster and loads more spin easyer.  I had to adjust stroke and be more aggressive to put a good amount of topspin using the Rasant Grip in comparison.  But the RG bottoms out fairly easily.  RG feels close to Xiom OV Europe to me. 

Also the throw angle of RG vs R7 was vastly different.  With the slightly harder sponge and slightly stiffer top sheet on the R7......throw angle is much much lower and my loops are way faster and more deadly because of this.  Though brush looping with the Rasant Grip was not hard and gave good results. 

During my matches I twiddled a lot and it was easy to see the R7 was the better FH rubber with this setup.  Though I found myself twiddling to return aggressive serves with the R7 more than the RG because I could keep the ball much lower. 

Now I am wondering if there is a Rasant variant with the same top sheet but slightly stiffer sponge? 

Also,  i wish the TT11 review rubbers would of all got measured and weighed prior to being cut and used. That would of been really helpful for the ones with info not easily found.

This Rasant Grip test rubber cut is  156x150 at 46gm.   I am also wondering about the "lastability"  of sponge used for the Rasant Grip.  This test rubbers edges look like it crumbles easily, or it was put on several diff blades prior to my use? 

Thanks so much for Tabletennis11 for the chance to test rubbers! 

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 12:42pm
Great review Rich215!

Regarding Rakza 7's throw, I thought it to be medium-high and RG's throw to be medium-low but it depends on nature of the strokes, I guess.

I agree on RG feeling similar (but a shade faster) to OVE.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 1:08pm
slevin,

on regards to throw angle of Rasant Grip.

R7 regular is lower to me, the soft version of R7 is maybe slightly higher than Rasant grip...

I would have to play with Rasant Grip on both sides for about a month to adjust and give a total view on this throw height comparison with the soft R7.  But regular R7 is much lower for me. 

FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2015 at 8:47pm
RAKZA X-SOFT "review"
 test is being performed using a DONIC "waldner ultra senso" carbon blade. testing is being done by a player with a u.s.t.t.a rating of 1818
 my first impression when I opened the package...it looks just like a sheet of DONIC "vario big slam" the surface has the same look and I noticed it is "made in germany" same as big slam. power sponge!..hybrid energy!..NSS (non slip sheet) it has all the bells and whistles but, can it perform?

sliding ball grip test-I was surprised! it grips very well with little pressure, I was expecting less grip, looks do not apply here, there is NO TACK on the rubber surface so the NSS is for real, no false advertising.
 bouncing the ball feels normal, no extra effort needed, bouncing the ball harder shows me this rubber will has enough speed to deliver a knockout punch.
 service returns were for the most part normal, nothing special going on here although, I found my forehand rolls to be a little bouncy for me, most of this is bad technique, but I still notice it compared to what I am using now. a small adjustment is needed.

counter looping close to the table was very good, it makes it easy..
 looping against backspin is good, nothing special. I had some trouble getting them to land on the table, using a brush stroke. perhaps the lack of "tack" on the rubber surface? a small blade angle/arm adjustment fixed this, so it is just a matter of using this rubber for more hours. although I dont think it is the strong point of this rubber.
 "looping the loop"- good! it is really a good rubber when it gets to top spin, counter looping..loop drives..I had a lot of fun with this rubber in competition, as long as im looping....
 when it is time to hit, I dont wast any time...most of the hitting was good, balls landed well..but, not as sharp as my current rubber. I can bottom this rubber pretty easy although it has a "max thick" sponge, I play with 2.0 and dont notice it as much, to me, the sponge feels about the same as what i am using now 42.5 although, i dont bottom my rubber this easy.
 the best feature i could find was SERVES!!! this rubber is a bad ass when it is time to serve, if you use "kick serves" you will see some action...
 BOTTOM LINE- I would buy this rubber in a second, there is no drop in my level from what I am using at this moment. I think it is a very good rubber for anybody that likes to loop. blocking is great!  and it dont cost a ton of money...thanks for your time!

If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2015 at 1:00am

PPH’s TIBHAR EVOLUTION MX-S Rubber Review

Introduction: The Evolution Series from Tibhar has been out for over 2 years now.  Many Pros have begun to use this line.  During Camera close up shots of their rubbers, we don’t see those infamous Moth logos as much as we used to.  MX-S has just been released recently, it’s claimed to be a Plastic Ball “approved” rubber.  Even tho I don’t buy into this hype, having played with plastic balls almost exclusively for almost a full year, I have to reluctantly agree that the rubbers released before the plastic balls are not as proficient.  Slippages happen quite often especially with those rubbers that spins on sponge penetration.  MX-S is the hardest version of the Evolution series.  From appearance, it looks exactly like the Evolution Series other than smaller pore sponge.  The topsheet is medium hard, has more grip than MX-P.  However, texture of topsheet looks smoother & less grainy like MX-P.  I believe it’s smaller pore sponge that is causing this slight change of topsheet appearance.  MX-P has Medium Hardish sponge (~46° ESN Scale), so I assume that MX-S is about a 47.5°.  Glued this rubber as my RPB on my reliable Ludeack Power Mod Cpen with Non Neo TG2.  Rubber is super heavy at ~55grs, dimension is ~ 158x152mm.   

In-Action Sessions: Upon hitting with the setup, I felt in love right away.  The throw is perfect (IMO Medium low), I stay close to the table for RPB.  T05 has a super high throw which doesn’t really accommodate my stroke on BH, but it does have that “Spring Kick”.  MX-S is fairly similar to MX-P whereas MX-P is a hair bouncier.   I can feel the topsheet is providing superb grip to the plastic balls.  Blocking was so easy on my BH wing, not too bouncy, but not dead either like those loose feeling Chinese “Tensors”…  Aurus Sound was excellent at RPB countering hits off loops, but MX-S was surprisingly accurate & deadly as well.  One big notable difference between this & others such as (Aurus Sound, Vega Japan, Sigma II Pro/Euro, & Tenergy) is the over the table flicks.  Those are unforgiving when just a bit out of position cause the ball bounces out of the rubber quicker.  The grip of MX-S has made this part of my game even more dangerous, the ball would still land with spin even when not entirely in the right position.  It just felt right at home, I can open with RPB flicks with a lot of confidence which I don’t get with T05 sometimes.   So stepping a few feet back, the throw changes with my stroke, now it became Mediumish…I didn’t overshoot cause a harder/faster stroke causes the ball to dip more.  MX-S is faster than T05 & MX-P on top gears.  First match Set against a ~1950 BH player.  I can counter BH to BH with him, & the flicks have given me advantage to attack first.  Second set against a ~2150-2200 two winger, usually he would jam me with heavy topspin to my BH, and just spray the ball over the table on his next shots.  MX-S was very stable, & was able to counter block him out of position.  RPB openings also gave me fits.  I was able to hold on & beat him in the fifth.  His Tenergies slipped a lot, just as much as my TG2 since the room was very humid.  MX-S was superb, & outdueling them.  Then later against a ~2200 unorthodox allaround, weird BH player.  He has the best “weird but amazing” counter smashing game on both wings.   I have always had problem playing him cause he has backhand serves which come deep towards my BH with much variation.  I have recently focused more on better game strategy, & was able to receive decently with MX-S.  My RPB was just on fire: counter looping/smashing/hitting pretty well & gave the crowd some awing highlights.  I lost to him in the fifth set even when 10-8 up.   I came back for another set later against him, was down 0-2, & made a huge comeback, & beat him in the fifth.  Unfortunately, I didn’t record these matches.  However, do have some footages from my other sessions to be posted…

Summary: Brush looping, blocking & counters are huge parts of my RPB game which sets up my FH.  MX-S can do all of those things really well except when going away like 3-4ft back.  I have to spin my way back into position.  It plays perfectly for me at close distance, even tho I don’t (try not to) go far that often anymore.  The surprising thing was that this is a max thickness, & I didn’t notice on being uncontrollable on any types of shots.  One thing I worry is the weight of the rubber.  I flipped it occasionally during practice on FH, & it’s pretty spinny.  It’s missing the some speed on out of position strokes on my BH.  I will try this rubber with my handshake ST VIS-A FH & update review after this week.   

Overall: I would definitely invest in this rubber as my “FAV” BH, but might need to get a 1.8/1.9.  Despite not playing with my Ludeack Power in a long while, I was able to produce some amazing results.  This is the type of euphoria that we as TT players look for: A blade or rubbers that give us the confidence to hit the ball our way & still score the point. 

See comparison below:   Abbreviation below are: S2E – Sigma2Euro, S2P – Sigma2Pro, H – High throw, M – Medium throw, MH – Medium High throw.  All these are used on RPB.

Speed (Max Gear): S2E ≥ S2P = T05 = MX-P ≥ MX-S > Aurus Sound

Spin (Kick off first bounce, Throw): T05(H)  ≥ MX-S (M) ≥ MX-P/S2P (MH) > Aurus Sound (M) = S2E (H)

Medium Gear:  S2E > Aurus Sound ≥ T05 =S2P =MX-P = MX-S

Feel: MX-S ≥ MX-P = S2P > T05 ≥ Aurus Sound ≥ S2E

Weight:  MX-S > MX-P = S2P > S2E > T05 > Aurus Sound

Reviewer Credentials: 1900USATT rated, Penholder, 2 wings, Blade: Various 5ply Woods, 7ply Woods, ZX, VIS-A/L.  Preferred Rubbers - FH: Tacky hard sponge, BH: Euro Medium/MS sponge.  (Play Handshake ~1600), 

PPH’s XIOM SIGMA 2 EURO Rubber Review

Introduction: The Sigma 2 series was fairly popular cause the ease in producing high spins & have excellent speed.  I played better with S2P than S2E on my RPB with the cell balls.  I am testing S2E again with the plastic balls & see if it will play better vs celluloid.  Glued this rubber as my RPB on my Ludeack Power after tested MX-S.  Rubber is also very heavy at ~55grs, dimension is ~ 158x152mm.  Medium-Softish Topsheet with Medium sponge.  Topsheet not as grippy as the newest generation rubbers such as MX-S/Acuda Ps/Joola Ps,etc.  By bouncing the ball lightly on the rubber, I can feel the ball impacts thru the topsheet & engages into the sponge.  From just spinning the ball on the rubber, it seems that there will be gripping issues, especially in humid environment.  It was very hard for me to graze the ball & produce spin at the same time, sometimes it just comes out as a no-spin floater. 

In-Action Sessions: The rubber does indeed plays softer than its physical characteristics.  It feels like it bottoms out on blocking hard topspins, & driving from RPB.  For a fast & bouncy rubber, the bottoming out effect actually helps to control the speed.  Despite the semi grippiness, it didn’t affect my confidence in opening with RPB especially against underspin.  Smashing, Blocking/Counter blocking is the bread n butter of this rubber at the table, but medium distance looping is among the best over other rubbers.  Don’t get me wrong this rubber can spin better than most rubbers out ATM, counter top spins are more difficult for me to perform cause of the throw & bounciness.  Perhaps it will work even better for players with different stroke & game than me=S.  It sounds pretty loud.  Over the table flicks are not bad, generates a lot of pace. 

Summary: The strengths of this rubber IMO, is the counter blocking, blocking, & medium distance play.  To my surprise, I was able to play at my level pretty well with S2E.  Barely had any slippages with the 2 sessions I had.  This will definitely be one of those rubbers on my list if I need a replacement, something that I would have never think about if it wasn't for Slevin & TT11's testings.  Thank you!

Overall: The comparison is above in the MX-S review…

Reviewer Credentials: Listed in MX-S review…

Vid

Upated 7/21

PPH’s JOOLA MAXXX-P 42.5 Rubber Review

Introduction: Got this courtesy of TT11 & Slevin as well.   Joola came out with 2 new rubbers that is Plastic “ready”.  MAXXX-P & Rhyzm-P.  I have not played with much Joola rubbers other than seeing a lot of reviews regards to Rhyzm.  I have played with Express One, which was a great rubber, but durability is crap=(.  A 1950 player here plays with Energy Extra with TB ZLC, I hated it when I tried it.  From appearance, Maxxx-P looks a lot like Acuda Series.  Topsheet is medium hard, and has a grainy look with likes of those Stiga Tour Series.  Prints Made in Germany.  Yellow sponge is tiny & porous.  It’s said to have 42.5 ESN hardness.  It feels harder when pressing fingers thru, this might be from the medium hard topsheet.  Not as grippy as the Evolution Series, but more than original Acuda Series.  The rubber is fairly light & shrunk already since other members have already tested it.  Dimensions at 152x149mm – 45grs, it will fit into my Yasaka G5 RPB.  By just bouncing the ball on the rubber, it produces a good tensor bounce (not overly bouncy), however doesn’t generate as much spin unless I hit harder into the sponge.  It has a numb feeling to me, whereas something like S2E is bouncy as well, but I feel like I can control the ball. 

In-Action Sessions: Was able to practice with a ~2400 player on my first session.  I focused mainly on my FH during this practice & counters with FH.  I did flip when doing blocking drills with Maxxx-P as the player prefers faster pace than my VlonS on FH.  It generates a lot of speed in countering, but still lacks some spin.  I’ve also tried FH topspins & found that this rubber has a flatter arc then S2E.  I had to hit thru the topsheet to get the ball to arc more.  When doing transition drills from FH back to BH, I had to put extra effort in BH which also reduces my recovery time for FH.  A few times that I was in position, I whipped the ball pass thru him even tho the ball was low.    Blocking is pretty good, as well as counters.  However, I believe a less bouncy & better hand feeling blade will accommodate this rubber just fine!  I will throw it onto my VIS-A with MX-S to test once I have a few more sessions in RPB. 

Summary: I tested for about 30mins on my VIS-A Handshake and find it more suitable for handshake, it can do everything good, lifting underspins, blocking, looping from mid distance.  Since my handshake backhand can produce more powerful shots, this rubber plays entirely different than on my RPB.  I believe the strength of this rubber is generated from the player, and I would recommend this as a FH rubber despite reading the 42.5 hardness scale.  It would be a great backhand rubber for those with a strong wrist & excellent BH game as well.   From G5 to VIS-A, it seems that this rubber has a low throw.  

Overall: The comparison is above in the MX-S review (Updated)…

Reviewer Credentials: Listed in MX-S review…

See comparison below:   Abbreviation below are: S2E – Sigma2Euro, S2P – Sigma2Pro, H – High throw, M – Medium throw, MH – Medium High throw.  All these are used on RPB.

Speed (Max Gear): S2E ≥ S2P = T05 = MX-P ≥ MX-S > Aurus Sound = MaxxP

Spin (Kick off first bounce, Throw): T05(H)  ≥ MX-S (M) ≥ MX-P/S2P (MH) > Aurus Sound (M) = S2E (H) > MaxxP(L)

Medium Gear:  S2E > Aurus Sound ≥ T05 =S2P =MX-P = MX-S = MaxxP

Feel: MX-S ≥ MX-P = S2P > T05 ≥ Aurus Sound ≥ S2E > MaxxP

Weight:  MX-S > MX-P = S2P > S2E > T05 > MaxxP > Aurus Sound 

I have vids, still editing...

Edited by PingPongHolic10 - 07/22/2015 at 11:34pm
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2015 at 10:49am
Thanks for the reviews everyone! BTW, NextLevel has posted his final thoughts on MX-P & M1T by updating his earlier post (see few posts prior to this one)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2015 at 5:55am

Thanks for the reviews everyone! BTW, NextLevel has posted his final thoughts on MX-P & M1T by updating his earlier post (see few posts prior to this one)

Thanks, slevin.  I think of MX-P as a harder sponge T80 in many respects.  M1T is good, but I am not 100% on who would like that kind of thing because the level of hand speed required to use it would support a more active short game, IMO.
Cybershape Carbon
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 11:02am
Joola Maxxx-P review up...
My FS/FT

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 12:50pm
I wanna know how you lay the SMACK down on BH wing with it... :D
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 1:01pm
you'll see=P
My FS/FT

unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Thanks, slevin.  I think of MX-P as a harder sponge T80 in many respects.  M1T is good, but I am not 100% on who would like that kind of thing because the level of hand speed required to use it would support a more active short game, IMO.

Thanks for your review NL.

Which one between MX-S and MX-P would you recommend for a passive BH which consists of mostly blocks+drives+pushes+control on serve returns???
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by FlatHitter FlatHitter wrote:

RAKZA X-SOFT "review"
 test is being performed using a DONIC "waldner ultra senso" carbon blade. testing is being done by a player with a u.s.t.t.a rating of 1818
 my first impression when I opened the package...it looks just like a sheet of DONIC "vario big slam" the surface has the same look and I noticed it is "made in germany" same as big slam. power sponge!..hybrid energy!..NSS (non slip sheet) it has all the bells and whistles but, can it perform?

sliding ball grip test-I was surprised! it grips very well with little pressure, I was expecting less grip, looks do not apply here, there is NO TACK on the rubber surface so the NSS is for real, no false advertising.
 bouncing the ball feels normal, no extra effort needed, bouncing the ball harder shows me this rubber will has enough speed to deliver a knockout punch.
 service returns were for the most part normal, nothing special going on here although, I found my forehand rolls to be a little bouncy for me, most of this is bad technique, but I still notice it compared to what I am using now. a small adjustment is needed.

counter looping close to the table was very good, it makes it easy..
 looping against backspin is good, nothing special. I had some trouble getting them to land on the table, using a brush stroke. perhaps the lack of "tack" on the rubber surface? a small blade angle/arm adjustment fixed this, so it is just a matter of using this rubber for more hours. although I dont think it is the strong point of this rubber.
 "looping the loop"- good! it is really a good rubber when it gets to top spin, counter looping..loop drives..I had a lot of fun with this rubber in competition, as long as im looping....
 when it is time to hit, I dont wast any time...most of the hitting was good, balls landed well..but, not as sharp as my current rubber. I can bottom this rubber pretty easy although it has a "max thick" sponge, I play with 2.0 and dont notice it as much, to me, the sponge feels about the same as what i am using now 42.5 although, i dont bottom my rubber this easy.
 the best feature i could find was SERVES!!! this rubber is a bad ass when it is time to serve, if you use "kick serves" you will see some action...
 BOTTOM LINE- I would buy this rubber in a second, there is no drop in my level from what I am using at this moment. I think it is a very good rubber for anybody that likes to loop. blocking is great!  and it dont cost a ton of money...thanks for your time!

Is it better or worse than Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 Soft???

Is it pre-dominantly for FH only or can be used easily on BH as well???
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Thanks for your review NL.

Which one between MX-S and MX-P would you recommend for a passive BH which consists of mostly blocks+drives+pushes+control on serve returns???

Neither - both are rubbers for active play.
Cybershape Carbon
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 3:49pm
I havent played with rakza 7 or soft, so I cant compare the two....I tested rakza-x.
 also, I play with short pips on my backhand trying to test inverted would be useless.
 this is not a test against another rubber or i would use my maxx-p as a quideline, I am testing rakza-x as a stand alone test. I think it is a very good rubber, Im not qualified to do advance level testing, just my 1818 level.
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 3:13pm

Review: Yasaka Rakza X Soft

Tested: Red, max sheet
Hardness: 42.5 degrees
Dimensions: 169 x 170mm
Weight: 68g

To me, this is a very interesting medium-soft rubber. This is because most of the newer medium-soft rubbers have soft / grippy topsheets (Bluefire JP02, Rasant Grip, Joola Maxxx P, Omega V Europe, etc). This one has a hard / grippy topsheet. The advantages of this are (a) better linearity in spin delivery (b) better synergy with sponge, and (c) better overall control.

Another trait is that it plays harder than it's 42.5 degrees seem to suggest. For example, I felt that it was easier to bottom out the 45 degree Omega V Europe than the RXSoft.

Spin is very good and easy to generate. The resultant arc is very tight. Throw is a touch lower than medium and very uniform.

Overall, this is the best medium soft rubber I've used so far and pairs with more blades than medium-soft rubbers with soft topsheets would (you'd need harder blades for those).

Thanks for the review, can you tell me please how sensitive it is to incoming spin? And is it easy to generate spiny serves with it?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 3:23pm

Review: Tibhar Evolution MX-S max

I was eagerly anticipating reviewing this rubber after reading all the feedback from the initial adopters.

I tried it on the FH of my 94g Nittaku Barwell Fleet with a Xiom Sigma 2 Euro on the BH side. At the same time, I glued up a new MX-P on my back-up Barwell Fleet so that I could compare the two.

It is heavy - around 54g cut and glued to the 158x151 blade. Brought the weight of my combo to a whopping 201g.

The MX-S is rated as slightly harder than MX-P. If MX-P's sponge is around 47 degrees, MX-S sponge felt like around 50 degrees but its topsheet felt softer than MX-P's. So, all-in, I'd say MX-S feels about 1 degree harder.

The sponge's pores seemed slightly smaller than those of MX-P. The topsheet seemed to be very grippy and of a very high quality.

Upon playing, I was pleasantly surprised: contrary to my pre-conceptions, this rubber, though slower than MX-P, is fast! So, one would not have to worry about putting in an extra effort (so long as you're in position and you have some time).

It certainly felt a touch spinnier than MX-P and the throw was a touch lower. Because of it's slightly softer topsheet, lifting backspin was very easy and the resulting opening loop is very heavy.

I took it to play some 7-8 matches at the club. Here, I saw the qualities that make it a bit difficult to handle.

Because it has a slightly soft topsheet (combined with a hard sponge), I felt that when I tried countering the ball (when out of position), it went into the net. One sees a similar effect while trying to lift (by looping) a low ball.

It needs a level of penetration of rubber into the ball that is higher than that required by other rubbers. Which means that one would need good footwork to use this rubber. It is certainly a lot less forgiving in that regard than MX-P is but the rewards are potentially greater.

Enough of comparing this with MX-P. Now let me compare it to other 50 degree rubbers I've played with (Bluefire M1 Turbo and the Rakza X).

Spin: MX-S > M1T > RX
Throw: M1T > RX > MX-S (RX has more constant throw, MX-S varies from being equal to RX and slightly lower than it)
Speed: M1T > RX = MX-S
Control (ease of use): RX >> M1T > MX-S
My preference: RX > M1T > MX-S
My preference (if I was training 5-7 days a week): MX-S > M1T > RX

Bro, which one would you say is better at serving spiny serves and receiving heavy spiny serves, MX-S or MX-P or RX or RX Soft? Basically better control in serves and serve receiving?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 4:12pm
Let's not put RX Soft in that bunch as it is, well, soft (so, very different from the other 3 in many ways). Of the remaining 3, RX would have the most control in serve receive.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 5:09pm

Let's not put RX Soft in that bunch as it is, well, soft (so, very different from the other 3 in many ways). Of the remaining 3, RX would have the most control in serve receive.

Thanks, and what about most control during active gameplay?

The thing is I've used R7, R7 Soft and recently RX but just for a couple of weeks before I moved onto Adidas P7. My game has improved a lot as I feel I can loop all day and have great control and consistency. What I feel I'm lacking is power/speed and spin on serves, other than that P7 is great.

So would you say MX-P or RX would be a good alternative to P7 after I get used to them?
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 5:19pm
you looking for a fh rubber or bh rubber? and what blade are you planning to use.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

you looking for a fh rubber or bh rubber? and what blade are you planning to use.

FH replacement for P7 and I'm currently using YEO+YEO Power 7 but will use Viscaria in the future.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 5:31pm

The thing is I've used R7, R7 Soft and recently RX but just for a couple of weeks before I moved onto Adidas P7. My game has improved a lot as I feel I can loop all day and have great control and consistency. What I feel I'm lacking is power/speed and spin on serves, other than that P7 is great.

So would you say MX-P or RX would be a good alternative to P7 after I get used to them?

Not MX-P - it would be too fast.

As you know your game better than I and you've tried RX & P7, I won't comment on that rubber's fit then.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 5:36pm

Not MX-P - it would be too fast.

As you know your game better than I and you've tried RX & P7, I won't comment on that rubber's fit then.

Haha, so in other words I can't be certain unless I try it eh?
I found P7 to be a bit slow, especially far from the table, so MX-P might be a good test :P

I'll also try to get a hold of RX again and see if I can compare it with P7.

Btw have you tried EL-P???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic