Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ITTF NA CUP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
thatguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ITTF NA CUP
    Posted: 05/15/2015 at 12:31pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg1D3lVHMSk

Edited by thatguy - 05/15/2015 at 12:32pm
Sponsored Links

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2015 at 1:15pm
Here's the live stream for today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EXdmnATIJA

The title says "NA Championship" but it's NA Cup alright.
DHSriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2015 at 2:09pm
Thanks for the info on live streaming. Next up: ILIJEVSKI Filip CAN vs MORAN Alexander CAN
thatguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2015 at 7:23pm
yes, "CUP", NA Championships will be later at Westchester Sept 5-7

Live programming Sunday @3:00 via CBC **this may not happen** but is scheduled...don't ask why LOL LOL

3:00 PMTable Tennis: 2015 ITTF North American Cup on CBC

Edited by thatguy - 05/15/2015 at 7:25pm
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2015 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by thatguy thatguy wrote:

yes, "CUP", NA Championships will be later at Westchester Sept 5-7

Live programming Sunday @3:00 via CBC **this may not happen** but is scheduled...don't ask why LOL LOL

3:00 PMTable Tennis: 2015 ITTF North American Cup on CBC
Are we talking national broadcast? or streaming on CBC. I thought the finals were scheduled for the evening on Sunday 7pm. 
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2015 at 11:50pm
this Sunday, 3:00 pm, hockey playoffs
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2015 at 10:57am
How and why is Kunal playing without a coach?  Did someone assume he would just win easily?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2015 at 12:13am
So far my favorite players from these tournaments: K. Avvari and Angela Guan - 2 very young players who play all out every match. Extremely entertaining players. 
Butterfly MPS
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2015 at 1:44am
Amazing play by the two Sung sisters in the Hopes Challenge. Their skillset is amazing and fast paced.  They have a great future ahead of them  Thumbs Up
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
thatguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2015 at 8:25am
Rachel Sung (ZXTTA) is actually 7-0 going into Sunday matches  followed closely by Joy Xu (EliteTTC)  6-1 unfortunately, Joanna Sung is 4-3.

Rachel Sung

Joy Xu

On the boys side both Edward Ly of The Prestige Club? Que and Nikhil Kumar of ICC CA are both "neck and neck" at 7-0 with Sahil Puri, ICC close behind at 6-1

Edward Ly

Nikhil Kumar

Edited by thatguy - 05/17/2015 at 8:55am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2015 at 6:27pm
What impresses me about Butler is how well he slows down the game even when he is attacking so that he can have time to stay in the rally.  It's not how a young healthy pro should play, but it is a lesson for the rest of us who want to play outside the box at a relatively high level.
Cybershape Carbon
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2015 at 6:37pm
Great game 7 win for Jim!
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2015 at 9:26pm
Congratulations to Jim Butler....the 2015 North American Cup Mens Singles Champion!!!

Incredible stuff!!!

I'm not sure what to say about Timothy Wang at this point in his career but I guess it is what it is.
who no know go know
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2015 at 9:26pm
Jim Butler wins - beats Tim Wang 4-2 in the final.  Great stuff for Jim but another sad comment on the state of TT in NA.
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2015 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

Congratulations to Jim Butler....the 2015 North American Cup Mens Singles Champion!!!

Incredible stuff!!!

I'm not sure what to say about Timothy Wang at this point in his career but I guess it is what it is.

The sport is not for Tim - it's clear that Tim doesn't expose himself to styles other than fast topspin.  

Butler seems to have created a style that allows him to play well and take time from opponents without sufficient power to loop through him.   I was pretty impressed by how he used sidespin fishing-type loops to consistently stay in the point and even attack younger players.

Cybershape Carbon
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2015 at 11:00pm
Another thing that came out in last 7 days: the Double Fish plastic ball is not very good. Players were all unhappy with it. 
The Nittaku premiums everyone loved. This was used in the Canadian Junior open which ended on Thursday.
I would say the standard of play from the junior tournament to the North American cup dropped dramatically. Some juniors played in both tournaments major changes were Tables and Balls. 

Congratulations to Jim Butler - beat Pierre Luc Thierrualt and Timothy Wang - if I'm not mistaken the top 2 seeds in the tournament. 

PS: Apparently ITTF will be playing extremely loud music between games and matches for some reason. It was the most annoying thing - even during player warm ups they play this stupid music. Apparently, this the "in" thing in major sports! What was horrible was Hopes challenge was being played on the otherside and these little kids had to play through the music. If anyone from TT organizations are reading this please take a poll of your members and see what they would prefer - everyone around me was completely against it. One our club members said he will not be attending the games just because of the music!

Edited by jrscatman - 05/17/2015 at 11:04pm
Butterfly MPS
bayttplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2015 at 1:24pm
I think Timothy needs a lot more fitness training than skillset.
Many time push Jim away the table but can't finish....

Innerforce-ZLC FL + H3 + T80

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2015 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by bayttplayer bayttplayer wrote:

If that was the problem, it is so obvious that it is amazing it hasn't been addressed at this point. Most people would assume that his body can't handle it, but if it can, it is amazing he hasn't gained some weight to improve his power
Cybershape Carbon
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2015 at 4:17pm
My sense is that Timothy Wang's game is more so predicated on control, placement and strategy. Just because people play a style with less powerful (speed) shots, doesn't necessarily mean that they don't know how or lack physical tools to do so. For example, I've seen Jun Mizutani blast shots with tons of speed and power during practice sessions, but that is obviously not his type of game during actual match play - so people (on forums like this one) mistakenly think he is physically incapable of hitting a ping pong hard. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2015 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by bayttplayer bayttplayer wrote:

If that was the problem, it is so obvious that it is amazing it hasn't been addressed at this point. Most people would assume that his body can't handle it, but if it can, it is amazing he hasn't gained some weight to improve his power

well..not necessary the body weight, look at liang yonghui's FH got much more power. I assure Jim will have hard time if play same style against liang.
anyway, from what I see many points Tim lack of physical attribute. Yes, he might play smarter by better placement , spin variation or short and long combination to move Jim around. Right now, Jim just away the table with his long reach cover everything. This's the question for Tim to solve next time play with tall guys...

Edited by bayttplayer - 05/18/2015 at 4:26pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2015 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

My sense is that Timothy Wang's game is more so predicated on control, placement and strategy. Just because people play a style with less powerful (speed) shots, doesn't necessarily mean that they don't know how or lack physical tools to do so. For example, I've seen Jun Mizutani blast shots with tons of speed and power during practice sessions, but that is obviously not his type of game during actual match play - so people (on forums like this one) mistakenly think he is physically incapable of hitting a ping pong hard. 

no way...why you think Jun Mizutani less power when he play actual match?? Just because you see him practice in front of you and see his matchs far away the table or from TV/Internet??

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2015 at 5:53pm
Canada Post should hire Mo Zhang as their spoke person.. She has delivered once again. Congratulations!!!
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2015 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Another thing that came out in last 7 days: the Double Fish plastic ball is not very good. Players were all unhappy with it. 
The Nittaku premiums everyone loved. This was used in the Canadian Junior open which ended on Thursday.
I would say the standard of play from the junior tournament to the North American cup dropped dramatically. Some juniors played in both tournaments major changes were Tables and Balls. 

Congratulations to Jim Butler - beat Pierre Luc Thierrualt and Timothy Wang - if I'm not mistaken the top 2 seeds in the tournament. 

PS: Apparently ITTF will be playing extremely loud music between games and matches for some reason. It was the most annoying thing - even during player warm ups they play this stupid music. Apparently, this the "in" thing in major sports! What was horrible was Hopes challenge was being played on the otherside and these little kids had to play through the music. If anyone from TT organizations are reading this please take a poll of your members and see what they would prefer - everyone around me was completely against it. One our club members said he will not be attending the games just because of the music!

Jimmy B always seems to make it suspenseful, exciting, nerve-wracking, and edge of the seat entertaining matches. Big Congrats for his NA Cup win. I love it how excited and emotional he gets when he wins - even at his age. I wish other/younger players would show more of their emotions.

The music aint stupid. They are just doing what the other international tournaments are doing overseas. Major problem is playing the same tunes every half hour. Get some new tunes. There's tons out there. When I go to a hockey game or basketballl game or baseball game, they never repeat the same song during the night. Add some cheerleaders to go along with the dance music would be great. You don't have to pay them, theyr're volunteers.

Oh, and the kids playing the Hopes Challenge tourney SHOULD NOT have to be playing thru the loud music. They deserve the same respect as the other players.

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
ahmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2015 at 11:32pm
I agree that music was irritating.  If they insist on playing it, at least turn down the volume.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2015 at 1:19am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Jimmy B always seems to make it suspenseful, exciting, nerve-wracking, and edge of the seat entertaining matches. Big Congrats for his NA Cup win. I love it how excited and emotional he gets when he wins - even at his age. I wish other/younger players would show more of their emotions.

The music aint stupid. They are just doing what the other international tournaments are doing overseas. Major problem is playing the same tunes every half hour. Get some new tunes. There's tons out there. When I go to a hockey game or basketballl game or baseball game, they never repeat the same song during the night. Add some cheerleaders to go along with the dance music would be great. You don't have to pay them, theyr're volunteers.

Oh, and the kids playing the Hopes Challenge tourney SHOULD NOT have to be playing thru the loud music. They deserve the same respect as the other players.
Perhaps I got it wrong - if I want to listen to music I go to a concert - when I got to a sporting event - I expect to see sports. If I want watch the sport and listen to music - I have a smartphone with my favorite tunes on it. Actually silence and conversing with people next to me is also something I like to do at sporting events - but this was not possible with the LOUD MUSIC! 

Edited by jrscatman - 05/19/2015 at 1:20am
Butterfly MPS
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 8:06pm
Anyone has the link to the match between Jim and Tim? Thanks
DHSriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 9:50pm
2015 ITTF - North American Cup Men's Singles Final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU7yoe9Zdf0

Edited by DHSriver - 05/20/2015 at 10:54pm
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 11:09pm
Full version of both finals

Butterfly MPS
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 10:29am
It's awesome how the Butler sidespin bothers players at this level. So many errors. He backs it up with really good serves and a smash backhand.

The most entertaining thing is - just when does this Butler game no longer work? I'm quite sure at the top 20 its no good...but top 50? top 100?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 10:32am
Originally posted by wilkinru wilkinru wrote:

It's awesome how the Butler sidespin bothers players at this level. So many errors. He backs it up with really good serves and a smash backhand.

The most entertaining thing is - just when does this Butler game no longer work? I'm quite sure at the top 20 its no good...but top 50? top 100?

There's a guy called Jun Mizutani and another guy called Michael Maze that make me not so sure about that...
Cybershape Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic