FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ITTF NA CUP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 11:48am
With 0 disrespect to Butler - Those guys you listed are on a whole different level of foot speed and spin, plus with many more offensive weapons.

What I meant was - How far could Butler go?
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 11:54am
Originally posted by wilkinru wilkinru wrote:

With 0 disrespect to Butler - Those guys you listed are on a whole different level of foot speed and spin, plus with many more offensive weapons.

What I meant was - How far could Butler go?

Sorry. I thought that question was too ridiculous to consider - no disrespect intended - given Butler's age.

Butler in his prime was at a top 100 level and his strokes were not as spin oriented as they are now. The man is 44 even if his TT body is not as stressed.

He is where he is supposed to be. But the style is not the problem. He is just 44 and isn't exposed to the level of competition required to consistently play at a 2800 level.

He himself has said that he has 2650-level days from time to time when healthy.  This was probably one of them, though his opponent's lack of power aided that.

Edited by NextLevel - 05/21/2015 at 12:03pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 12:11pm
The real question: How would this 44 year old Butler do against the current 49 year old Waldner. 

I'd pay to see that match. 
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

The real question: How would this 44 year old Butler do against the current 49 year old Waldner. 

Actually, the semi finals between Pierre Luc Theiriault and Jim Butler, PL had chances to win the match. PL was also returning JB's killer punch. I think Butler was mentally stronger than both Wang and Theirault.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I bet JB would be crushed.   I myself would rather watch a M.L. style shoot out than the strategic game that JB plays.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic