FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Viscaria ST custom made.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viscaria ST custom made.
    Posted: 05/20/2015 at 7:16am
Maybe some MYTT members already knew it but I didn't.
It is possible to order a Viscaria custom made blade with ST handle and BTY certificate here :

Of course, the price isShocked
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Sponsored Links

panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 9:27am
my friend send somes of this blade too... but more expensive than this website...

for this blade this price is very good 
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 10:41am
Nice, if only I was rich... 
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 11:20am
@ panany: 

You think, that the price (358,80 USD) is "very good"? Shocked

In my eyes this is outrageous. First they produce this blade only with one single handle (FL) 
and then they are waiting for guys like you, who are willing to pay 358 USD instead of 150 USD,
only to get another handle for a "common" blade. On the top, they think, it is a good price. LOL

Perfect strategy, if we buy it for this price. Wink
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 11:26am
Yep, the lack of a Viscaria in straight handle is borderline stupid.  People who buy at these prices create the borderline.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 12:19pm
Although expensive, it's new at least... Embarrassed unlike ridiculously expensive black metal butterfly logo used ones, often contused, deformed 'n' dirty.

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 12:45pm

For that price have you considered having Ross Leidy build one for you with the same composition. I have a great hunch Ross's version would be much nicer and have better woods etc.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Although expensive, it's new at least... Embarrassed unlike ridiculously expensive black metal butterfly logo used ones, often contused, deformed 'n' dirty.

Old '60s and '70s Stiga blades are like the 1966 Shelby 427 Cobra.

Old Viscarias are like a 2004 Honda Accord. 

Would you buy a 2004 Honda Accord if I charged you a Maserati price for it?
benspin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 12:57pm
This price is ridiculous for one blade.

I have a factory in China made viscaria-like blades for me for just $30 each.  For my level, my play with this blade is not significantly different from mine with a Viscaria blade.  IMHO, marketing makes people need more with illusion satisfaction in return.
Life is so short, so do what you love while sharing with who around you.
benspin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 12:59pm
I wish this forum has a "like" button.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 1:18pm
There is a thanks button.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 2:09pm

I have both Viscaria and TBS. Viscaria is a tic faster, is head heavy with slightly thicker handle. TBS has much better balance, feel, and control. Viscaria is a unique blade that is best for advanced players. Unless you train on a regular basis I see no advantage using Viscaria. Just my 2 cents.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 2:20pm
Personally I can't see that Viscaria is for more advanced players than a TBS or TB-ALC (or a ZJK-ALC).  Ideas about "balance, feel, and control" are matters of taste and what you are used to, but these blades, while not identical, are not that different.  (Also, I have a bunch of Viscarias, and they are not identical, that's for sure).  All of the non-Viscaria blades come in straight for a lot less money and whatever differences there are would be something you would very easily get used to in a few days at most.  I wouldn't spend that much money for a straight Viscaria, (I would go for the TBS) but it's not that much crazier than the price of a super ZLC these days.

I have always been curious about what it costs them to actually make one of these. 
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 3:16pm
Buy a TB ALC ST or TBS ST instead. Same blade, way cheaper.

Viscaria has an older/different style FL handle shape compared to the TBS and TB ALC... Other than that they are all the same blade.

The difference people feel between a Viscaria, TBS, and TB ALC are the same differences they would feel if they tried multiple samples of the same blade.

panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 5:56pm
haha i dont know this shop i never buy in this shop... just i know viscaria custom really better than commercial version... before in my club 1 chinese training with me.. and she get 1 blade viscaria custom in national team chinese... then i have try 1 time and custom model are really more fast and better feeling than commercial version 
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 10:33pm
Would you be able to tell them apart in a blind test, i.e. without actually knowing that you are playing with a 'custom' one? Just wondering how much benefit here  might be coming from pure placebo.
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 2:45am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I have always been curious about what it costs them to actually make one of these. 

Not more than $10...
panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 7:49am
for sure not placebo^^
i know table tennis... im good player in france... not very very good ... but not bad too...^^
i dont know my ranking in USA i dont know what my level is in USA.. if someone know french ranking and usa ranking im curious know :)

i can feel if 1 blade better than another ^^ and for sure custom viscaria very different than other viscaria :)

Edited by panany - 05/22/2015 at 7:51am
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 9:51am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Old '60s and '70s Stiga blades are like the 1966 Shelby 427 Cobra.

Old Viscarias are like a 2004 Honda Accord. 

Would you buy a 2004 Honda Accord if I charged you a Maserati price for it?

Well, TBH, I wouldn't buy the custom Viscaria or old black metal butterfy tag one under any circumstances. The same applies to the (S)ZLC blades. I thought if someone wants to waste 360usd, it'd be better spent on the brand new custom made Viscaria ST instead of used ordinary one with black tag. Black metal tag Vis, big deal. Even ZJK has a newer one. Or even better advice: buy cheaper blade and the difference up to 360usd donate to the Nepal or people in Africa. Make someone else happy, it will make you feel better, too.

Also, I'm not nostalgic, sentimental or collector so I don't care about '60s or '70s Stigas either. Besides, I still have my grandfather's table tennis set I believe from the '40s. Are you interested in Ferrari 166 Inter Spider of TT blades?

Offtopic regarding Shelby Cobra: maybe Jay Leno cares about that oldtimer. I'm drooling over 911 Turbo Cabriolet, 650C Spider and GranCabrio MC. And, of course, selling triple priced Accord or Avensis is obviously possible in table tennis as we are witnessing.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 9:51am

Viscaria are head heavy. Weight distribution not as good as TBS. Fact.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Viscaria are head heavy. Weight distribution not as good as TBS. Fact.

Entirely a matter of taste.  Some people prefer blades head heavy.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by panany panany wrote:

for sure not placebo^^
i know table tennis... im good player in france... not very very good ... but not bad too...^^
i dont know my ranking in USA i dont know what my level is in USA.. if someone know french ranking and usa ranking im curious know :)

i can feel if 1 blade better than another ^^ and for sure custom viscaria very different than other viscaria :)

I own about 6 viscarias.  And I can tell my two favorites from the others easily but none of them are custom. 
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 12:51pm
Talk about hording xp ^

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
benspin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 1:39pm
This is the picture of my custom blades.

aunhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aunhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 4:33am
This is my Viscaria custom made. I have ordered from Japan
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1424592011184146&set=pcb.1424592571184090&type=1&theater

Super ZLC Zhang Jike Razka 7 Razka 7 soft
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 11:59am
Originally posted by aunhh aunhh wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1424592011184146&set=pcb.1424592571184090&type=1&theater

It is a thing of beauty Thumbs Up

How is if different from regular ones that you buy from Btfly?  Is the wood different?  The weight? 

I once had a custom made one with a different handle.
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 12:46pm
I have owned 6 Vis blades and still keep and use 3 of them. They are all slightly different mainly due to their weights. Attracted by the hype of Vis custom blade, I ordered one in Jan with Butterflyonline.com. But unfortunately I have not received my special order yet because they could not find the right materials to satisfy my weight requirement of 93 grams.

I personally prefer Vis to TBS (tried 3 of them), TB ALC (4 of them), TB T5000 (1) MM (2), and other less popular Butterfly blades after I switched from Stiga to Butterfly blades 3 years ago to better match Tenergies.
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
aunhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aunhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2015 at 10:31pm
I ordered Viscaria custom made from Japan. Custom: weight: 87gram, handle FL, good wood- fish scale
aunhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aunhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2015 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by aunhh aunhh wrote:

It is a thing of beauty Thumbs Up

How is if different from regular ones that you buy from Btfly?  Is the wood different?  The weight? 

I once had a custom made one with a different handle.
I ordered Viscaria custom made from Japan. Custom: weight: 87gram, handle FL, good wood- fish scale
aunhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aunhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2015 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by benspin benspin wrote:

This is the picture of my custom blades.

It like Viscaria custom made
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic