Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

how to play against women style!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to play against women style!
    Posted: 05/28/2015 at 12:42am
how do you guys play against the girls short early strokes. its not like playing against the mens that loops, i feel like i have a bit more time, but the liu shiwen style really gets on my nerves, cus they are like countering my openings, if its even a bit slow.

Edited by boaspirit - 05/28/2015 at 1:27am
butterfly Timo Boll spirit

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
Sponsored Links

GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 12:52am
Learn to play like a woman  LOL
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 1:27am
I play against some players that use that style. I found slow spinny loops deep to the table gives them trouble. Also, it gives me enough time to get back into ready position. If I need more time, I tend to loop the ball higher. 

Another strategy is to push the ball with no pace, this might get into a pushing match, if you don't like to push this might not be a good option. 

Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 1:38am
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

I play against some players that use that style. I found slow spinny loops deep to the table gives them trouble. Also, it gives me enough time to get back into ready position. If I need more time, I tend to loop the ball higher. 

Another strategy is to push the ball with no pace, this might get into a pushing match, if you don't like to push this might not be a good option. 

this is the problem i dont like to push, i almost always try to open up, via flicks, n it comes back to bite me.

n yes they dont like deep loops, everytime the would net the ball. but man its frustrating not being able to kill it just waiting for their mistakes 
butterfly Timo Boll spirit

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 3:35am
Originally posted by boaspirit boaspirit wrote:

this is the problem i dont like to push, i almost always try to open up, via flicks, n it comes back to bite me.

n yes they dont like deep loops, everytime the would net the ball. but man its frustrating not being able to kill it just waiting for their mistakes 
Did you know that's what Zhang Yining said male players are prone to when they play against females?
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

Learn to play like a woman  LOL

Or become a woman yourself.  That should be no more expensive than a couple of sheets of Hurricane National Team Special on a Nittaku Resoud blade.  

Renee Richards
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by boaspirit boaspirit wrote:

A good player must be willing to adapt as much as he tries to get better at what he does best,  There is a reason why players like Samsonov can stay at the top because they take your pace and use it against. 

You have to learn to set up the point.  It may require pushing, it may require sidespin looping, it may require a slow first ball, followed by a harder second ball against a weaker return, or it might require you to loop to three different points on the table to win the point, or even a hard first ball on occasion.  You may have to go to their middle then go wide, or you may have to flat hit the first ball and spin the second, or spin the first ball and smash the second.  You may have to figure out where to start the point to challenge their footwork.

If you don't increase your methods of playing the game, there are players who you will never be able to beat even though in theory, you should be able to beat them.  Trying to hit through a player all the time with power should not be your only option.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic