Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Double Day Valiant Loop King Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 8:52am
Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

NL, it's funny that you're going from wood blades to carbon and im going the opposite direction LOL

maybe we'll both switch back again soon

Well, I liked the Peter Pan - just not heavy enough.  Might still get one someday knowing me...

I just lack touch, which is why I use the wood blades - the vibrations let me know things.  But I know I have it all wrong mentally on the short strokes.  If I had good short pushes, drop shits and stop blocks, I would beat defenders much more easily.  If I fixed that, I think that wood blades could very well be a thing of the past for me - and my inventory would be cleared out.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 9:39am
The carbon layer in the video and in the picture at the online store does not show the 'fabric' texture like other ALC that I see.  I hope some one has the close up of the side of the blade to see more clearly.
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 11:18am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

https://youtu.be/An5iXgG9ej0?t=240

(to place the video in context, I have been trying to work through a recommendation someone made about my finishing position for my backhand loop and I didn't really understand what he wanted at first, but I figured it out finally - watching that video was the key last step)

Ah the 11 o'clock contact position!!!!! Be prepared for some serious level up on the BH. Man there is so much going on with that if you can work it into your flip. So much spin!! Just need to work in the counter hit and your on to the next levelLOL

Edited by V-Griper - 06/29/2015 at 11:19am
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 11:52am
Originally posted by V-Griper V-Griper wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

https://youtu.be/An5iXgG9ej0?t=240

(to place the video in context, I have been trying to work through a recommendation someone made about my finishing position for my backhand loop and I didn't really understand what he wanted at first, but I figured it out finally - watching that video was the key last step)

Ah the 11 o'clock contact position!!!!! Be prepared for some serious level up on the BH. Man there is so much going on with that if you can work it into your flip. So much spin!! Just need to work in the counter hit and your on to the next levelLOL

I've usually had the 11/1 o'clock contact position on both sides  (well, until recently, when I made some mistakes interpreting changes that the coach gave me).  This was more about how far I whipped my wrist through on my stroke.  He wanted me let the wrist go through until my racket handle faced the wall on the left side on my BH loop.  I usually stopped my stroke when the racket was flush with my hand as it gave me more "control".  It was a simple change, but I mixed it up with other stupid things and ended up ruining my backhand for a while.
Cybershape Carbon
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

The carbon layer in the video and in the picture at the online store does not show the 'fabric' texture like other ALC that I see.  I hope some one has the close up of the side of the blade to see more clearly.

Double Day's composite layers are thinner and of a different ratio of Arylate to Carbon than BTY's and typical clones.  I think this lends itself to a crisper and more direct feel.  I will be posting my own review of the DD ALC Winner sometime soon and will go into that a bit more!
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

Double Day's composite layers are thinner and of a different ratio of Arylate to Carbon than BTY's and typical clones.  I think this lends itself to a crisper and more direct feel.  I will be posting my own review of the DD ALC Winner sometime soon and will go into that a bit more!

Do you have a Winner to sell me?  I think the lighter head will help with some of my pains... the blade is really good.
Cybershape Carbon
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 3:17pm
I have one that is 86.6g although it is FL and koto outer ply, may not be to your liking from our conversations...

Dynasty / H3 / H3
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 3:25pm

I have one that is 86.6g although it is FL and koto outer ply, may not be to your liking from our conversations...

Can't you send it on a flyer and I will pay if I like, return if I don't (LOL)?
Cybershape Carbon
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 3:38pm
I do however still have an ST Terminator (ALC/ZLC combo) blade though

Dynasty / H3 / H3
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 4:02pm

I do however still have an ST Terminator (ALC/ZLC combo) blade though

You are asking a guy who can't even use different backhand and forehand rubbers to use different backhand and forehand speeds on his blade surface?  Really?

I do want to try the flare as I think that the Loop King would have had better balance with a straight handle.
Cybershape Carbon
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 9:34pm

That's what I thought. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic