Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Rhyzm-Tech - June 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2015 at 9:33pm
eeh... soft topsheet... 
that's disapointing news for me. 
Sponsored Links

p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 5:32am
Thx for the info AcudaDave.

I actually prefer soft rubbers as well and like your first impression. It looks this rubber could replace my Rhyzm 425.

Looking forward to some more opinions about this rubber! Thanks in advance guys.
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 9:42am
Don't get me wrong, it's not extremely soft to the point of being mushy, it's just got a softer topsheet coupled with a firm sponge which enables you to brush loop as well as drive the ball.
My son's coach came over last night to give my son his weekly lesson and I let him hit with it a little. He is Chinese are normally prefers tacky Chinese rubbers, but after he hit with it for 5 minutes he said he wanted a sheet of it. He felt like he couldn't miss with it. He also tried it on his BH to see how his RPB would be with it and he must have looped 15 in a row.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 3:47pm
Soft topsheet and firm sponge.....reminds me of P7 ;)
P7 great rubber, played with it a couple of years.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

Don't get me wrong, it's not extremely soft to the point of being mushy, it's just got a softer topsheet coupled with a firm sponge which enables you to brush loop as well as drive the ball.
My son's coach came over last night to give my son his weekly lesson and I let him hit with it a little. He is Chinese are normally prefers tacky Chinese rubbers, but after he hit with it for 5 minutes he said he wanted a sheet of it. He felt like he couldn't miss with it. He also tried it on his BH to see how his RPB would be with it and he must have looped 15 in a row.

That is the Rhyzm most important trait. Nothing else is exceptional but the ball always goes in.

However i can't see they physics of how a softer topsheet can improve control. Hope i'm wrong. My two sheets should be here any day now. 
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 10:48pm
Ok just let another 2200+ player hit with the Rhyzm Tech and he gave it good reviews. He thought the sponge was firm and the top sheet was medium and that it was pretty fast. I like it on my BH but also thought it was good on FH
Good rubber Joola
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 12:24pm
got it last night but no time to play yet. And my TT table is set up for a thankgiving party, so can't hit with the return boards either. Honestly, i can't even tell the difference with regular rhyzm by just holding both in my hands. Sponge looks exactly the same. I expect the difference to be trivial. Which is not a bad thing..
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 1:08pm
I absolutely love the rubber up to this point Victor. Have only played a couple of times with it, but it has the speed, spin, and control that suits my game. It's plenty fast, and is fine on either BH or FH. It has a higher throw angle than the original Rhyzm.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 3:15pm
Hmmm... Is this the magic rubber...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2015 at 5:23pm
I put a sheet of 2.0 rhyzm tech on my butterfly photino light blade and played at the club last night, It has a fair amount of spin advantage over the rhyzm 375 that i was using on this blade for over a year. I also have had maxxx-p on this blade for 90 days, rhyzm tech feels like a softer rubber and my loops seem to be a bit spinnier, serves are also strong. My main weapon, the "flat hit" is also good with this new rubber...when im through wearing out the maxxx-p on my main blade,JOOLA T.P.E. "fight" I will be switching to rhyzm tech. I think it is a better rubber...For a player with a strong backhand loop I would give it a try, it can spin the ball very well, and blocking seems to be good. I use it on my forehand along with short pips on my backhand. 5stars!...StarStarStarStarStar
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2015 at 6:44pm
Rhyzm P and Rhyzm Tech should have different names, not Rhyzm. They don't feel like first one. 

The Original is one of the most intuitive rubbers TT world has ever made. No need to learn or adjust. Even if you get off the Tenergy 05 horse and get one of these in your hands, i tell you, you will know know how to play with Rhyzm. Nothing special, not spin, not speed, but it is just so EASY to play with it.

P is a little softer, a little spinier, and feels more elastic. Original feels more 'dead'. Elastic sounds nice and P is indeed nice rubber, but this extra 'sling' makes it more difficult to plan the trajectory of the ball. 

Tech is another step in the P direction. Softer yet. Spinier yet. And yet more elastic. If you want to try a different Rhyzm, just go for the Tech! No need to try P, it is neither here nor there. If you want dead but controlled and natural go Original. If you want soft, spiny and slingy go Tech. 
Tech WILL bottom on hard drives where the incoming/outgoing direction of the ball is near perpendicular to the plane of the blade (Zhang Chao or Yan An kind of stroke). Especially on hard blades you can feel and hear the TOK of the contact. Tech has very different sound than the other two rubbers. 

To me Tech is a good rubber of a garden variety. All of those Evolutions, Blue Fire flavors, Maxx, Tenzone offer very good spin, good catapult, and that PUFFY feeling and are easily interchangeable. Rhyzm is different, and Tenergy is different, and all XIOM are different. 

I feel i have finally lost my desire to test new rubbers. I think i can wait until a BTY comes with a real replacement for Tenergy, and I don't think Bryce Highspeed is what they have in mind.

Edited by Victor_the_cleaner - 12/24/2015 at 6:44pm
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2015 at 7:39pm
I'm glad you guys all like it. I've played very well with it and feel very comfortable playing with it.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2015 at 7:49pm
Janitor, have you considered the possibility that all this bottoming out reflects inferior technique? I really thought even without coaching, you would be almost 2000 by now.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
BB-Big View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB-Big Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2015 at 8:04pm
After breaking in, R-Tech becomes my favourite rubber for the Barwell fleet. BF is very rubber selective and R-Tech is the right one.
It is quite soft but not too soft, spinny and fast. Throw is medium. Overall it is very fun to play with. Great performance when compares to the new ESN rubbers of the same hardness. Speed and spin is not on the top as the MXP level but it offers more than enough.

My R-Tech weights 67 g uncut in 2.0 thickness.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2015 at 12:32am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Janitor, have you considered the possibility that all this bottoming out reflects inferior technique? I really thought even without coaching, you would be almost 2000 by now.

you got it wrong. Bottoming out is actually due to superior technique. 

Unfortunately it looks like im gona have less and less time for TT, and least in the next few years, so who knows when and if im gona hit 2000. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2016 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

I feel i have finally lost my desire to test new rubbers. I think i can wait until a BTY comes with a real replacement for Tenergy, and I don't think Bryce Highspeed is what they have in mind.

Hey Victor, guess you had second thoughts? ;) Or you were not talking about Rhyzm Tech?
I noticed your recent post in the For Sale section.

Seems like the Rhyzm Tech is not your cup of tea?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2016 at 7:42pm
I meant that i had high hopes for Rhyzm P and Rhyzm Tech, but got disappointed twice and I am done testing. ALready I was kind of done, completely uninterested by any kind of tensor, but the idea of improvement on the existing Rhyzm sounded like too good to pass, even though the chance was low.
Yes, I have both rubbers for sale now, excellent condition, very clean both sides.
Rhyzm Tech does seem to break after initial period. Weird. Rhyzm and RHyzm P don't do that, but Tech becomes really soft after two days. Too soft, sorry. If you swing good with more than 45 degree you will hear the ball knock on the wood. They went too large with the pores in my opinion. 
Vanilla is the hardest, and offers the best control. It is also, very interestingly, the best for ZJK-style opening BH. The others are softer, but they have lower throw, and you can't grap the ball too thin, EVEN THOUGH they are softer. 
ANyway, I am sure people with softer game, control+spin oriented will like the P and Tech more, just because they offer more jump and spin at medium power. But at Hard Power, Regular just kills them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2016 at 7:13am
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I haven't tried the regular Rhyzm, as  I think it's a bit too hard for me. Actually prefer a bit softer rubbers, I even like the 375 ;)

I have the Tech in order and will test it next Tuesday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2016 at 6:53am
Played for 2.5hr (using Nittaku 40+ ball) with Rhyzm Tech on both sides and below my first impressions.

Both sides 2.0mm and glued them on Infinity VPS using Rev 3, just a few hours before playing. So the fresh glue could have some effect on the rubber during the test.
I'm a two wing looper and 90% of my style is spin-offensive by using well placed loops with high amount of spin. (playing TT for about 27 years)

Speed
Although the speed is about the same as Rhyzm 425, the Tech feels faster. This is due to the catapult effect of the Tech, while the 375 and 425 have little to no catapult. Strange thing I noticed though, is that when I played defensive, there was less catapult it seems. The rubber felt slower, which I actually liked.
Tech > 425 > 375

Spin
The Tech gives a decent amount of spin on the ball, although didn't notice a lot of difference with the 375. Compared to 425 there is a bit more spin. The Tech has a medium to high throw and this caused some issues for my opponents. In several cases it looked like my loop would go over the table, but in the last part of the curve, the ball seems to decent more and lands just on the backend of the table.  I did not notice such behaviour using 375 or 425.
Tech >= 375 > 425

Control
Used to play 375 and 425, it took my just a minute to get used to the Tech. Despite the catapult of the Tech, there is still a lot of control. Playing slow as well as fast loops, is fairly easy. As mentioned before, it seemed the catapult effect is less while playing defensive strokes. Pushing and blocking is also no problem with this rubber. However, the Tech is less forgiving compared to 375 and 425.
375 > 425 >= Tech

I'm aware of the "new-equipment-rush" when trying out new equipment the first time and I will do 2 more sessions to get a solid final conclusion on the Rhyzm Tech :)  

Edited by p1ngp0ng3r - 01/07/2016 at 6:54am
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2016 at 9:57am
I have a few more hours under my belt with rhyzm tech, so i am updating my post...I am still using it with my butterfly photino light blade untill my tennis elbow heals, it is lighter and puts less strain on my arm than my joola t.p.e. fight blade. I won our monthly club tournament last night, my opening loops have more spin. it is a shot i have been frustrated with since the poly ball. My flat hit shots are strong, I am able to hit balls that are supposed to be to low to hit. what impresses me the most is i am able to reach out and loop back spin balls from heavy pushes to my wide forehand, these shots are dipping hard at the back end of the table,instead of going into the net... a lot of my loops are getting blocked off of the table or popped up so i can hit. counter looping is great! this rubber lets the ball dig in deep and produces a lot of top spin. 3 thumbs up!...more updates later...
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2016 at 11:08am
i have two for sale, one unopened! 

I actually knew people will like it more than Regular because of the catapult feel. It slings it for you. I just started liking this feeling of the ball getting stuck on the rubber and controlling it directly, vs sinking in the sponge and then slinging it out. But if someone has never played Regular, and tries both for first time, they will probably like Tech more, at least on first impressions.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2016 at 7:10pm
I have been playing with Tech for about a month now on one of Charlie's off- carbon blades and I've played great with it. I can brush loop and I can loop-drive as well. My blocks and control have been great and the spin seems to be more than the jp03 or m3 I used to use, at least it seems that way to the people I play with.
sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2016 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by p1ngp0ng3r p1ngp0ng3r wrote:

Played for 2.5hr (using Nittaku 40+ ball) with Rhyzm Tech on both sides and below my first impressions.

Both sides 2.0mm and glued them on Infinity VPS using Rev 3, just a few hours before playing. So the fresh glue could have some effect on the rubber during the test.
I'm a two wing looper and 90% of my style is spin-offensive by using well placed loops with high amount of spin. (playing TT for about 27 years)

I'm aware of the "new-equipment-rush" when trying out new equipment the first time and I will do 2 more sessions to get a solid final conclusion on the Rhyzm Tech :)  

Hi.  Does anyone have more impressions of Rhyzm Tech after playing it for a couple months?  

p1ngp0ng3r,
Do you still use the Tech or did you return to Rhyzm 425?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2016 at 3:11am
@sspark80, I'm using the Tech on my FH on my spareblade. Playing with Rhyzm 375 and 425, I got used to playing with rubbers without (much) catapult. Rhyzm Tech has definitely more catapult, so I had to adjust my strokes a bit. On backhand it's a bit too jumpy, but it's a good rubber for my forehand. My topspins became more difficult for my opponents. 

Within a few days I will receive the Samba 19 and 27, wondering how they compare to Rhyzm Tech.
sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2016 at 7:02am
Thanks for the update, p1ngp0ng3r.  I've played a lot w/ 425 and also prefer low catapult rubbers.

I'm not trying to steer this thread away from Tech, but could you expand on a direct comparison between 375 (which I've never hit with) and 425?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2016 at 9:26am
375 is a lot softer and slower compared to 425. I like it as it allows me to create heavy topspin on underspin (or backspin) pushes. My game is based on well placed heavy topspin. Smashes or contra are definitely NOT in the comfort-zone of the 375 and the 425 is the better rubber for that for sure.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2016 at 1:06pm
.......staying on topic.....

R-Tech being a medium sponge gives a lot of spin I found. Speed was normal. Spinny serves are easy
Loops were easy too - medium throw. But I can always control my throw Big smile

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 5:26pm
Thanks for the helpful feedback, p1ngp0ng3r and Snakefish.  It sounds like 425 is still the best fit for my game.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2016 at 3:22am
Could you compare hardness and surface between rhyzm tech and rhyzm 375 and 425 and vs classic rhyzm. Do classich rhyzm, rhyzm 375 and 425 play good with new plastic bal ?(is topsheet roughly enough?)

Thank

Edited by jackass22 - 06/07/2016 at 3:42am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2016 at 6:53am
I haven't played with the classic Rhyzm, so can't commend on this rubber.
The 375 and 425 however play very well with plastic ball. There is still a lot of effect in my spin and the control is even increased. The topsheet of R Tech is more elastic, so this rubber plays more dynamic. Downside is that it's a bit more sensitive for incoming spin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic