Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Switching to Cpen (RPB) - rubber advice for YEO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Switching to Cpen (RPB) - rubber advice for YEO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zettalith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zettalith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Switching to Cpen (RPB) - rubber advice for YEO
    Posted: 06/30/2015 at 11:53am
I am seriously thinking about switching to CPEN from SH. I have been doing warmup, multiball, and matches with penhold grip on my Boll ALC St with TG3neo on FH and 05FX on BH for about a month or so and I'm really liking being able to attack better over the table and better with my BH due to RPB. 05FX feels nice for RPB on the ALC but not sure how it will be on the YEO.

So, after looking at many reviews, I think I'll with YEO because price/performance.

BH rubber considering T05FX, T64, Moon Pro, Rakza 7, etc
FH rubber considering TG3neo, H3neo, big dipper, etc

I've read many rubber suggestions for YEO but most of those posts are 4 or 5 years old.

I'm trying to be conservative with money on this purchase but don't want too big of a trade-off in performance...Any advice?

IFL ZLC,Rasant g,Rasant g
YEO,TG2,T64
Sponsored Links

V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 12:47pm
I would consider the YE as well. If you are just switching than the most important thing will be your grip so I would study WH's training vid. There is going to be a steep learning curve for the rpb and having the correct grip can make or break the rpb. If you can afford to maintain tenergies then that will work as long as you can adjust the touch on your serves and short pushes.
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
zettalith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zettalith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 4:38pm
Yeah I have been watching the Wang Hao training videos as well as his matches. RPB looping and flipping seem more natural to me than SH. But, RPB blocking does not, so I have been blocking and pushing the traditional way..

Edited by zettalith - 07/01/2015 at 9:28am
IFL ZLC,Rasant g,Rasant g
YEO,TG2,T64
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2015 at 9:08pm
you shouldnt be pushing with the rpb. it has a naturally closed angle and it's very awkward. just use the traditional backhand for pushing and blocking too(wang hao never blocked with it just push, but Xu Xin sometimes does, and of course Ma Lin most of the time did it with the TPB).

Also if you want to play like Wang Hao(he has a very different grip, the blade is very perpendicular to his arm, you can see that it points down alot on forehands as opposed to the side) you'll have to sand the crap out of your blade, some sanding is always required for penhold but his is very extreme.

also stick to your tenergy on the backhand if you like that. For FH either H3 or TG3 (non Neo if you want to speedglue) should be very suitable

But if you really want price performance why not pick up a DHS Dipper Di-16 blade like Wang Hao used to play with for ages it should be like 30$

Edited by crackfst - 06/30/2015 at 9:08pm
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic