Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yet Another Equipment Advice Thread -

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_maddic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _maddic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yet Another Equipment Advice Thread -
    Posted: 07/02/2015 at 3:54am
we should probably be tagging threads like this .. Y A E A :D

ok , just wanted to ask you guys your opinion on this

i've been using tensors in the past
and switched to chinese rubbers in the last 3 months
mainly using 729 Battle II.

then i got to use a friend's tenergy 05.
.. ALL THAT FREE SPIN AND SPEED ..
it just reminded me of how easy tensors are to use

so i'm stuck on the fence now
the control , ease , spin (well, you got to work hard for that spin) of chinese rubbers - vs - the ease of spin of a tensor

it's kinda refreshing to see searing spin without swinging your arm off its socket.

---

ok i don't really know where i am going with this.

just wanted to reason to buy the nexy zealot blade and something to pair with it.
BH is definitely tenzone ultra sf , just undecided on the FH

chinese rubbers or tensors , what a headache

Sponsored Links

crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 7:11am
Tenergy or Tensors are perfect for guys like you who want to produce a high quality ball with a shorter slower and perhaps lazier motion. EuroJap on the Forehand has less high end potential, but is easier to use for any non-noob, just use what makes you play the best
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 8:37pm
Whichever works best for you my friend - I'm sure many have tensors while you have Chinese rubbers. Do your homework and compare and see which gives you better performance.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 11:37pm
Tenergy isnt a tensor.

Now dont be offended by the rest of my post. Its just my opinion I guess. I have seen too many beginners with tenergy who cant even rally more than two balls.

If your approximate rating is below 2000 and youre looking into that lazy style, be ready to stay below 2000 for the rest of your life.

You only get back what you put into it. If you arent willing to put hard work into fixing your strokes, you will never improve.
Rubbers don't make you play better, you do.
Good luck.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2015 at 12:03am
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Tenergy isnt a tensor.

Now dont be offended by the rest of my post. Its just my opinion I guess. I have seen too many beginners with tenergy who cant even rally more than two balls.

If your approximate rating is below 2000 and youre looking into that lazy style, be ready to stay below 2000 for the rest of your life.

You only get back what you put into it. If you arent willing to put hard work into fixing your strokes, you will never improve.
Good luck.

while i totally agree with you, you cant deny that say a T05/t64 or fx versions are noob-friendlier on the forehand than tacky rubbers, the ease of counterlooping and the amount of free spin and speed(and the resulting arc with good net clearance) you get by letting it sink into the sponge is just a great help for non high level players, as opposed to hard tacky ones that need high racket head speed, better timing, and stricter bat angles...
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2015 at 2:51pm
(asfigunz)  You only get back what you put into it. If you arent willing to put hard work into fixing your strokes, you will never improve.

I agree up to a point, but contemporary table tennis has become an extremely equipment dependent sport at levels of play from competitive club to world class.

I cannot think of any world class player who presently uses unboosted Mark V rubber on a Stiga Alser, Bengtsson, or Johansson blade.  Nor, to my knowledge, are there presently any world class players among the world's top ten who do not use the latest state or the art blades and rubbers available to them to maximize their ability to play an exclusively offensive style of play. 

At lower levels of play, rubbers can be a help or a hindrance.  A help if you can use long pimpled or antispin rubbers effectively against players unfamiliar with what these rubbers can and cannot do, a hindrance if you are a player who uses a fast spinny rubber, the versions of Tenergy being classic examples, which you can afford but cannot control.

Edited by berndt_mann - 07/04/2015 at 6:31pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2015 at 3:19pm
it does not help your game when the amateurs love to use high end equipments(thus have a decent spin), do no proper strokes(pisses all over) but LOVE to side spin the damn ball at games on to the side and play side table points but can't last 5 strokes in a forehand rally. They intentionally/unintentionally f*ck up the ball most the time by making it land elsewhere in a rally. I can see it.

95% of the times the ball lands on weird locations(no spin slow high), if they land. They dont care where the ball lands, as long as the ball lands. Its really a shitty way to respond.

I have a terrible time playing with them and I usually just do banana backhand flick to them. Thats 99% end of the point. Either the ball misses the table or they cant hit it back.

.........I recommend you to use durable ESN rubbers, chinese rubbers are cheap and poor QC. Tenergy series are great but not durable and pricy as f*ck. Try Omega series.

Edited by ahsq - 07/04/2015 at 3:28pm
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic