Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TTNPP has Kailin Oil now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TTNPP has Kailin Oil now
    Posted: 07/10/2015 at 4:17pm
http://ttnpp.com/store/booster/839-kailin-oil-booster--34.html

I get a lot of messages asking me about Kailin Oil since it is not a very well known booster, but the good news is that TTNPP has started to carry it!  Previously you could only get it from China, but the catch is that you cannot export liquids from China directly to the US.  I got mine earlier from a taobao agent in Singapore who was willing to take the customs risk of shipping it to the US, but it was a very unreliable and unresponsive agent.

Kailin Oil is what a handful of the higher level players in the US use (Liang Jishan, Zhang Kai, among others), and is known/popular among Chinese provincial players who don't have access to Haifu Oil (not seamoon).

In comparison to the other popular Chinese boosters Dianchi and Seamoon, Kailin is somewhere in the middle.  It can be applied over glue or directly to the sponge.  It softens the rubber more than Seamoon and gives a LOT more power than Dianchi.  It also does well on Tenergy/porous type rubbers which is what I currently use it for (I no longer use it on my FH because I like the firmness of chinese rubbers that Seamoon preserves).  Its effect also lasts longer than both Dianchi and Seamoon (which is about 3-4 weeks for me).

In comparison to the other booster I've used, Falco Tempo Long, Kailin softens the sponge slightly more and gives a much clearer/crisper feel to the rubber.  FTL lasts longer but does not quite give the same amount of liveliness as Kailin.

When using Kailin on Hurricane/Skyline, I usually apply 4-6 layers.  On Tenergy, 2-3 layers is enough.  If anyone else has any other questions about the Booster, please feel free to ask!

Edited by schen - 07/10/2015 at 4:17pm
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Sponsored Links

Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2015 at 4:32pm
schen, is the Kalin oil thick like Seamoon and FTL ? I ordered The Kalin oil this morning, I hope I like it as much or more than Seamoon or FTL.
Shifter
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2015 at 5:20pm
Schen....sssssshhhhhhhh!!!....Dam it..Now everbody is going to buy it...Get em while its hot...LOL
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2015 at 6:29pm
and reasonably priced too! Confused
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2015 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

schen, is the Kalin oil thick like Seamoon and FTL ? I ordered The Kalin oil this morning, I hope I like it as much or more than Seamoon or FTL.

It's thicker than dianchi, thinner than FTL and a lot thinner than seamoon.

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2015 at 10:24pm
Schen, I read a post somewhere about how Kailin would make forehand rubbers to thick, and how provincial players would use Dianchi on the H3 and Kailin on the backhand (tenergy). Is there any truth to this?

Also, our very own MLFan gave me some great information about boosters. He said that the Shanghai team uses Kailin oil only, while the Beijing team uses Dianchi because it allows them to 'eat' the ball more because it's softer.

Other than that I'm incredibly excited to try it, it seems like the godsend of boosters - dries fast, good effect, etc.

Have you switched back to Seamoon on the forehand? From personal experience I can attest that it maintains much of the firmness, but how does the speed compare? I haven't used any other high-end boosters.

You should make a table with speed/spin/hardness ratings for each of the three main boosters (Dianchi, Seamoon, Kailin) to clear up confusion!

Edited by Argothman - 07/10/2015 at 10:26pm
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2015 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

It's thicker than dianchi, thinner than FTL and a lot thinner than seamoon.

I suspect that most of the boosters are fundamentally the same, and additives/concentrations are what determine the effect. For example, Dianchi being the thinnest and Seamoon being the thickest makes sense - Seamoon retains the most hardness of the rubber, while Dianchi retains the least.
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2015 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Argothman Argothman wrote:

Schen, I read a post somewhere about how Kailin would make forehand rubbers to thick, and how provincial players would use Dianchi on the H3 and Kailin on the backhand (tenergy). Is there any truth to this?

Also, our very own MLFan gave me some great information about boosters. He said that the Shanghai team uses Kailin oil only, while the Beijing team uses Dianchi because it allows them to 'eat' the ball more because it's softer.

Other than that I'm incredibly excited to try it, it seems like the godsend of boosters - dries fast, good effect, etc.

Have you switched back to Seamoon on the forehand? From personal experience I can attest that it maintains much of the firmness, but how does the speed compare? I haven't used any other high-end boosters.

You should make a table with speed/spin/hardness ratings for each of the three main boosters (Dianchi, Seamoon, Kailin) to clear up confusion!

I've read that thread on the 1oak forum from leatherback's account of training in China.  Every booster has the potential for making the rubber too thick - it is simply a matter of how many layers you use.  4 layers works well enough for me, and I have the same tools used by USATT/ITTF for testing thickness/flatness.  If I have any problems, it is usually from accidentally using too much glue or using a blade that is not flat (yes this happens) which will skew the thickness measurements.

And yes I have switched back to Seamoon for the FH while keeping Kailin for my BH.  If I were to rank the effects of the boosters I've used, it would be:

Softening Effect:  Dianchi > Kailin > FTL > Seamoon

Speed Effect:  Seamoon = Kailin > FTL > Dianchi

Spin Increase (low gear):  Kailin = Dianchi > FTL > Seamoon

Spin Increase (high gear):  Seamoon > Kailin = FTL > Dianchi

Drying Time (fastest to slowest):  Kailin --> Dianchi --> Seamoon --> FTL

Longevity:  FTL > Kailin > Seamoon > Dianchi

Feel (personal preference):  Dianchi = Kailin > Seamoon > FTL

edit:  I'd also like to add (although it might be in my head):

Arc Height on Loops:  Seamoon > Dianchi > FTL > Kailin

I noticed that Kailin makes it incredibly easy to loop-drive the ball in a very low arc.  Noticeably lower than the other boosters.

Edited by schen - 07/10/2015 at 10:55pm

Dynasty / H3 / H3
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2015 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Let it go! No one is going to beat you largely because they boost...

Now where's my credit card...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2015 at 12:43am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Let it go! No one is going to beat you largely because they boost...

Now where's my credit card...

lol. I don't have any heartache with people using it. These products just seem over the top in the price they command.

But have at it! Smile
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2015 at 2:07am

lmfao. know numerous beijing players and first heard about them using kai ling back in 2012
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2015 at 10:00am
Hi SChen, how many sheets of H3 do you kill for a month honestly?
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2015 at 11:09am
I wouldn't call them over the top for price. Considering how many uses you get out of them, a bottle lasts so long it's ridiculous. 

I've had the same bottle of seamoon for two years now, and I've still got a good amount left. I'm more worried about it being old than I am about running out. I might try some kailin, might not. Idk. Seamoon is the best bang for buck.

Thing is, you can be camp kailin, camp dianchi etc.. but all three kinds are used by very high level players for H3, and they all three work extremely well. So if you're into boosting, you really can't go wrong with any of them. It's whatever you like best, or whatever you buy first. 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2015 at 11:10am
schen: 
how do you manage the downtime (when rubber is off the blade for boosting)? Do you have 2 rubbers (so you boost 1 and put the other on the blade during that time)?

How much is that downtime with kailin? With FTL it can be as much as 7 days.
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2015 at 12:08pm
How does kailin compare to PO?
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2015 at 2:14pm
Usually I go through about 1 sheet every month with one boost at the beginning, and one half way through the month.  It depends how often you play though.

For downtime - Kailin dries very quickly.  When I reboost, it only takes about 2 layers to get going again, and both layers can be done the same day.  Usually once after I get back from practice/playing, and once the same evening before I go to bed.  The oil dries quickly enough and it is ready to glue in the morning!

Kailin, Seamoon, Dianchi, and FTL are in a completely different higher league than PO.  There is no comparison really.

Dynasty / H3 / H3
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2015 at 9:03pm

Usually I go through about 1 sheet every month with one boost at the beginning, and one half way through the month.  It depends how often you play though.

For downtime - Kailin dries very quickly.  When I reboost, it only takes about 2 layers to get going again, and both layers can be done the same day.  Usually once after I get back from practice/playing, and once the same evening before I go to bed.  The oil dries quickly enough and it is ready to glue in the morning!

Kailin, Seamoon, Dianchi, and FTL are in a completely different higher league than PO.  There is no comparison really.

Hi SChen.

Could you compare Kailin, Seamoon, Dianchi, and FTL in term of rubber life span?
You have only one time re-boost it and is there no way to recover it at all?
Falco is not a booster
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2015 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

Hi SChen.

Could you compare Kailin, Seamoon, Dianchi, and FTL in term of rubber life span?

If you're not boosting too heavily you don't have to worry that much. I reboosted a ~1.5 year old H3 and it played just fine. Hurricane is an incredbily durable rubber so long as you don't push it too far. You can reboost it many times.
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2015 at 12:06am

If you're not boosting too heavily you don't have to worry that much. I reboosted a ~1.5 year old H3 and it played just fine. Hurricane is an incredbily durable rubber so long as you don't push it too far. You can reboost it many times.

Hi. You couldn't say "just fine" when you throw your self in an important match and suddenly your consistent FH topspin drop to the net without any reason.

I can give away my old unusable H3 to friends and they still use it for a month after, but I've never trust that rubber. A month for a NT H3 is a way to burn money.

Edited by chop4ever - 07/13/2015 at 12:06am
Falco is not a booster
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2015 at 6:21am
that's why I don't use national H3.  I get a good price for h3 prov and it works well enough for me.

Commerical tg2 is even cheaper, and I can go through 4 sheets of that in 4 months and still have it be cheaper than a single sheet of tenergy.

Dynasty / H3 / H3
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2015 at 4:27pm

I have the same tools used by USATT/ITTF for testing thickness/flatness.

Curious, what are they and where do you get them? Do I have to mortgage / sell my house, cars, boat & vacation homes to be able to afford them?

Edited by slevin - 07/13/2015 at 4:28pm
jimmyso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2015 at 5:45pm

Hi SChen.

Hi Schen,
how can your boosted H3 Prov (non neo) last one month without some pimples of the topsheet detaching from the sponge in the sweetspot?

Especially when doing hard/fast topspin practice against block or topspin (at and off the table) I'll notice some pimples detaching after some training sessions (4-5) The H3neos are even worse, they detach without boosting...I tried 4 or 5 H3N and 3 H3prov.

I'm now using H3 nat white package (+ 2 layers FTL on 2 layers of glue) and the glue bond is much stronger between topsheet and sponge than H3 neo and H3 prov, it' ll last up to 10-15 sessions without bubbleing.

So, the limiting factor for durability is NOT the topsheet wear, it's the resilience of the bond between the topsheet and sponge.
Has anybody similiar problems?
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2015 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by jimmyso jimmyso wrote:

Hi SChen.

Hi Schen,
how can your boosted H3 Prov (non neo) last one month without some pimples of the topsheet detaching from the sponge in the sweetspot?

Especially when doing hard/fast topspin practice against block or topspin (at and off the table) I'll notice some pimples detaching after some training sessions (4-5) The H3neos are even worse, they detach without boosting...I tried 4 or 5 H3N and 3 H3prov.

I'm now using H3 nat white package (+ 2 layers FTL on 2 layers of glue) and the glue bond is much stronger between topsheet and sponge than H3 neo and H3 prov, it' ll last up to 10-15 sessions without bubbleing.

So, the limiting factor for durability is NOT the topsheet wear, it's the resilience of the bond between the topsheet and sponge.
Has anybody similiar problems?

Yes I have.
And my solution is similar to SChen: using commercial DHS and control the booster.

You will not make bubbles on the top-sheet if you use the harder DHS rubber, such as D41 or D42 without boosting. It's seem ridiculous but you could definitely find the middle way to balance between speed and consistency.
Falco is not a booster
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2015 at 2:09am
You should definitely not use 41/42 degree H3s lol... Provincial players use 39 and CNT mainly use 40. Main players use 41. The higher the degree, the better the player you have to be to hit through such a hard songs and maintain accuracy.

Prov rubbers rarely bubble for me, and they shouldn't even bubble that often if you get proper provincial H3s. The provincial players change a sheet once a week, but obviously nobody here trains that much. Maybe you can look into the source of your H3s :)
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2015 at 6:37am

You have got to be kidding me! Pros play 1 entire Pro Tour tournament without changing sheets and you can bubble a H3 Nat in 14-15 sessions?
The common reason for bubbling is the booster being absorbed in the sponge too quickly and the solution is to add a thin layer of glue between boosts (which you can remove after boosting).
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2015 at 8:58am
Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

You should definitely not use 41/42 degree H3s lol... Provincial players use 39 and CNT mainly use 40. Main players use 41. The higher the degree, the better the player you have to be to hit through such a hard songs and maintain accuracy.

Prov rubbers rarely bubble for me, and they shouldn't even bubble that often if you get proper provincial H3s. The provincial players change a sheet once a week, but obviously nobody here trains that much. Maybe you can look into the source of your H3s :)

You said DHS has never released provincial or National version or H3, so why do you and many people here still could buy them?
Falco is not a booster
jimmyso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2015 at 9:04am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

You have got to be kidding me! Pros play 1 entire Pro Tour tournament without changing sheets and you can bubble a H3 Nat in 14-15 sessions?
The common reason for bubbling is the booster being absorbed in the sponge too quickly and the solution is to add a thin layer of glue between boosts (which you can remove after boosting).

First, I apply 2 layers of glue and then I start to boost 2 layers of FTL. 3 days between the layers. I let it sit until the rubber is almost flat again...takes about 2-3 weeks. And the glue to blade.

I doubt that they play one tournament without changing. In daily training they wear down a sheet in one week (euro+jap rubbers). And for pros it doesn't matter if a rubber bubbles, because the have almost unlimited supply of good rubbers. Somewhere I read that the good chinese guys have supply for one rubber per day in average.

Actually, you don't get the high quality rubbers in a shop.
I use the H3 non-neo "nat=best commercial quality" (white package) 39, because the consistency in sponge and topsheet ist very good and quality of the bond is sufficient.

I bubbled almost every rubber commercially available in shops except for Tenergy. The only pro rubbers available for me are from ESN...but the performance for me is not so good as good selected commercial Tenergy. And durability for Tenergy is better.(10-15 sessions for Tenergy 05)

Probably i should try Spinart...butterfly's glue bond between topsheet and sponge was always better that the other companies.

Edited by jimmyso - 07/15/2015 at 9:07am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2015 at 9:09am
Jimmyso is on CNT...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2015 at 9:13am

Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

First, I apply 2 layers of glue and then I start to boost 2 layers of FTL. 3 days between the layers. I let it sit until the rubber is almost flat again...takes about 2-3 weeks. And the glue to blade.

I doubt that they play one tournament without changing. In daily training they wear down a sheet in one week (euro+jap rubbers). And for pros it doesn't matter if a rubber bubbles, because the have almost unlimited supply of good rubbers. Somewhere I read that the good chinese guys have supply for one rubber per day in average.

Actually, you don't get the high quality rubbers in a shop.
I use the H3 non-neo "nat=best commercial quality" (white package) 39, because the consistency in sponge and topsheet ist very good and quality of the bond is sufficient.

I bubbled almost every rubber commercially available in shops except for Tenergy. The only pro rubbers available for me are from ESN...but the performance for me is not so good as good selected commercial Tenergy. And durability for Tenergy is better.(10-15 sessions for Tenergy 05)

Probably i should try Spinart...butterfly's glue bond between topsheet and sponge was always better that the other companies.

you throw money to the window...
The problem is FTL. Change the booster, choose harder rubber.

Falco is not a booster
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2015 at 2:54am
wow,$60 for 250ML is $$$$
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic