Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TSP Curl P-1R, attacking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KMM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSP Curl P-1R, attacking
    Posted: 07/25/2015 at 5:19am
I know anyone who is a fan of Joo Saehyuk gets really excited when he attacks a ball with his pips, so I know it is possible to attack with these pips, I know all about how chopping works and whatnot with these pips, but I want to know from you guys how is attacking working out for you? And how do you attack with these pips? I'm used to a more stiff LP and not as long, so it is very different for me.
Check out my custom blades for sale, I use one :)
Blade: KVC Defence OS
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX-Black
BH: TSP Curl P-1R-Red
Sponsored Links

gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2015 at 8:40am
I don't think Joo Saehyuk has used P1r for a couple of years now... If he has come back to these pips then someone can correct me. I use Globe 979 OX which allow me to attack as well as defend away from the table. 979's pips are very soft and allow for offensive strokes.
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2015 at 1:03pm
feint long 2 is great for chopping and attacking too...
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2015 at 1:28pm
There is a nice grip with p1r that makes attack possible,I can attack effectively even in ox on Defplay senso
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

KMM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2015 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by gnopgnipster gnopgnipster wrote:

I don't think Joo Saehyuk has used P1r for a couple of years now... If he has come back to these pips then someone can correct me. I use Globe 979 OX which allow me to attack as well as defend away from the table. 979's pips are very soft and allow for offensive strokes.
As far as I know, all of the places I've checked and people I've spoken with, he currently uses TSP Curl P-1R
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2015 at 6:21pm
When I first tried P1-r, the first thing that jumped out to me was how well I could attack with it. It's great at attacking. 
KMM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2015 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

When I first tried P1-r, the first thing that jumped out to me was how well I could attack with it. It's great at attacking. 

Thanks! Just what I want to hear. Smile
gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2015 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by KMM KMM wrote:

Originally posted by gnopgnipster gnopgnipster wrote:

As far as I know, all of the places I've checked and people I've spoken with, he currently uses TSP Curl P-1R
He quit using P1r a couple of years ago and was using Tibhar Grass D-tecs with special Max sponge. Now if he went back to P1r since then I don't know. But he was very successful with the Grass DT.My source was a former team mate who asked him for a racket. He took the rubber off, signed it, and now it is sitting in front of me. CHEERS!
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

KMM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2015 at 2:53am
Oh wow! That is pretty lucky Tongue He's easily my favorite player

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2015 at 8:29am
Look at the vids of Xiaoxin Yang (Lille with Bernadette Szocs and Monaco national team)
Lots of french people say that she plays with the P1-r like a short pimples)
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

KMM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2015 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Boss1703 Boss1703 wrote:

Look at the vids of Xiaoxin Yang (Lille with Bernadette Szocs and Monaco national team)
Lots of french people say that she plays with the P1-r like a short pimples)

Will do! Thanks for the input, this tells me I can play pretty offensively with the P-1R if I have to Smile
cheondo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cheondo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2015 at 5:38pm
Couple of things: I read that Joo switches back and forth between these two rubbers, based on an interview I read.

Two: I knew a 2100 level woman attacker who used P-1R OX on her forehand. Deadly.

Three: To attack, it's best to use a straight punching motion, catching the ball at its peak and keeping the blade face open. Sure, you can bend the pips and produce some spin if you have a sponge, but this is unreliable and you'll find nobody at the upper levels playing this way. Below 1600, sure. If you want to hit and counter, you'd better find a different rubber -- not LPs. 

Three separate coaches in Korea gave me the above advice, so don't take my word for it. 
Primorac Carbon + P7
Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70427&title=feedback-cheondo
KMM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 1:50am
Thanks! I see you play a JSH with P-1R, how do you use them?
cheondo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheondo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 11:54am
Mostly chopping. I don't try to hit with them that often. I find them good for pushing underspin, which I can do fairly well and fast, but a good opponent (2000 level) will have no problem ripping it back. I'm going to switch to Feint 3 soon b/c I find it much more consistent and easy to chop with.
Primorac Carbon + P7
Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70427&title=feedback-cheondo
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

feint long 2 is great for chopping and attacking too...

I agree, about the Feint Long II, I managed to get over 1900 attacking and chopping with it.  Something similar would be Giant Dragon Giant Long.  Oh and I used 1.0 mm  sponge on my sheets.Wink

I also have a friend who hits (and chops) with the P1R, he's about 1800 now.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Gtbana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtbana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2015 at 1:11pm
What is the advantage/disadvantage or challenge with using OX or sponge?
BTY Viscaria, T05,V>401
BTY Innerforce, T05, T64
KMM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2015 at 9:47pm
In my opinion sponge makes it easier to chop and attack, but OX is easier for blocking, placing, and its more deceptive
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic