Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help choosing a backup blade.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
roypnoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roypnoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help choosing a backup blade.
    Posted: 08/25/2015 at 4:09pm
I am using an OSP Virtuoso Off -.  I am looking for a backup blade.  Out of these blades which would be the best choice or any other recommendations.

Butterfly
- Primorac
- Petr Korbel

Donic
- Applegren Allplay
- Waldner Senso V1
- Waldner Senso V2

Other????

S2 | Virtuoso | M3
Sponsored Links

IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2015 at 4:16pm
Why not just get another Virtuoso?
Uskglass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uskglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2015 at 4:24pm
If it's just a backup blade I find the Yinhe Earth 3 to be very Petr Korbel similar (very close wood composition too) and at a fraction of the price. It's actually my current #1 setup and I'm loving the soft feel, great dwell, and slight flex.
Yinhe Earth.3 - DHS TG3 Neo/729 Aurora
roypnoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roypnoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2015 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

Why not just get another Virtuoso?

No more moola! Cry I am trying to get a comparable blade that will hopefully cost half of the Virtuoso.
S2 | Virtuoso | M3
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2015 at 5:10pm
Any of the blades mentioned would be suitable as a backup with perhaps the Appelgren Allplay being the most benign thus adjustable to your style. Or buy a Stiga Offensive Classic, there is a reason the company is called OSP. Just make sure that you are using the same brand/model rubbers and you practise with it every now and then.
But if you really like your Virtuoso then invest in another as backup. Why? If your main blade is damaged then you are going to buy another Virtuoso anyway so you save money over buying a backup of another type. Most serious players have several of the same type blade+rubber as part of their general TT equipment.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 4:17pm

Your backup blade should be a clone to your main blade in weight, feel and rubber selection. Any changes will alter your play.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic