Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool GP Men's singles final

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liverpool GP Men's singles final
    Posted: 08/26/2015 at 4:37am
Sponsored Links

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 7:25am
Always interesting to watch Ryan dissect then counter and finally destroy a young upstart's game.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 10:26am
R Kawai - Japanese No. 64 some 4 years ago, destroyed everybody in his path at Liverpool and was menacing...

He turned up as a Group 5/6 player (0 points), but his coach suggested that they put him in Groups 1/2; he won both Groups...

Ryan Jenkins Kung Fu was too good. Totally awesome...

Edited by CraneStyle - 08/26/2015 at 10:41am
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 10:37am
Great game! I enjoyed it!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 11:19am
Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

R Kawai - Japanese No. 64 some 4 years ago, destroyed everybody in his path at Liverpool and was menacing...

He turned up as a Group 5/6 player (0 points), but his coach suggested that they put him in Groups 1/2; he won both Groups...

Kawai has recently moved to Brighton University and will probably be smashing things up in the Grand Prix events for a while.  I saw him play in the bands on Saturday and he was just obviously far better than anyone else competing that day.  I was surprised that Jenkins won on Sunday - great battling performance from him.

I'm glad he didn't get lumped into bands 5/6 - the way my luck is, I would definitely have had him in my group.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 11:40am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

Kawai has recently moved to Brighton University and will probably be smashing things up in the Grand Prix events for a while.  I saw him play in the bands on Saturday and he was just obviously far better than anyone else competing that day.  I was surprised that Jenkins won on Sunday - great battling performance from him.

I'm glad he didn't get lumped into bands 5/6 - the way my luck is, I would definitely have had him in my group.

That was the weird thing watching that match.  You think that with a few tighter serves and more respect for his opponent, Kawai could have been far more competitive if not victorious.  So I see where your surprise is coming from.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 11:41am
I wonder where they will rank him? He's obviously, top 20 standard at minimum.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

I wonder where they will rank him? He's obviously, top 20 standard at minimum.

They'll have to put him up there somewhere just to get him seeded.  Very unfair on the other players to leave him unseeded IMO.  He should get a bucketful of points for his performance but they'll have to go further than that really.

I've just checked the original program and he wasn't in my groups in 5/6.  Phew, eh?

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

That was the weird thing watching that match.  You think that with a few tighter serves and more respect for his opponent, Kawai could have been far more competitive if not victorious.  So I see where your surprise is coming from.

I'm not sure what to say about it really.  Ryan had a great day, but the conditions were tricky (very humid in the hall, lots of ball slip), so maybe that had more of an effect on Kawai?  Regardless, he'll be winning these events soon (unless the field gets stronger).  The next one is Aldershot in early October, and that's a lot closer to him geographically.  Keep an eye on that one.

There were a few upsets on the Sunday actually.  Rumgay went out very early.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic