FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New Racket Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Racket Pictures
    Posted: 08/27/2015 at 6:29am
It's nothing special, but I finally bought my second racket!

About a year ago I bought my first racket; a Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy 05s on both sides.

About 5 months ago I changed the rubbers to Tenergy 80s.

But with the recent price hike, I decided to try something else. Actually, about half the people at my local club stopped using Tenergy recently. Some say it's because it doesn't feel as good with plastic balls, and some just because of the price.

For me it was the price.

So say hello to my new blade! I'm really looking forward to trying it out tomorrow night.

Interforce ZLC (one generation old, not the Interforce Layer, since it was a lot more expensive) with Hurricane NEO 3 on the forehand, and Nittaku Fastarc P-1 on the backhand. The Fastarc seems to be one of the Tenergy replacements a lot of people around here have been using.

This is also the first time I'll be using different rubbers on each side.

Sorry, I know I haven't said a lot. I'm just excited to try something else and wanted to share it with someone!!
Sponsored Links

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 7:54am
Awesome setup you got there! Hope you can give some words on the new Fastarc P1 after you spend some time with it. Is it good for FH as well?
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 2:39pm
I have read that many don't like Tenergy as much with the new ball. Which ball are you using? Nice looking blade btw. 
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 6:06pm
@TurboZ I'll let you know how it feels :) I suspect it'll perform great on the forehand, too.

@Leftyy We mainly use 3 balls. TSP40+ 3*, Nittaku Premium 3* 40+ and the Xushaofa 40+ 3* balls.

TBH, the only reason why we have the TSP ones is because a lot of the local tournaments here use it. I personally like the XSF one, but I'm also okay with using the NP. Either play really nice.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 11:19pm
Great paddle!
I'll be glad if you can compare your TB ALC with this ZLC blade in blocking/cutting/looping.
XSF new plastic balls are best for me!
I haven't tested  TSP and Nittaku Premium, but the last month I have trained only with Nittaku SHA and finally I can say is these Nittaku SHA are garbage!!! But these are approved for a tournament that I will play some days later and I hadn't choice.
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 1:45am
Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't have much to say until now.

First, I just want to say that the H3 felt EXTREMELY tacky out of the package. I actually really liked the feeling while playing, but it only lasted about 10 minutes. Now, it's only slightly tacky. 

What I mean by this is, out of the packet, I could press my racket against a ball on the ground, and flip my racket around so that the ball lands on the racket.

Now, I can only lift the ball by about half a cm at most doing the same thing. In contrast, the Fastarc doesn't lift the ball at all.

Okay, so on to how they play.

The H3 rubber on my forehand feels noticeable slower than the Tenergy 80 (2.1) I had before. The ball doesn't bounce as far on blocks. It does seem a little more forgiving when looping a ball though.

The Fastarc P-1 (2.0) feels great. For half the price of a Tenergy rubber, I feel as if it performs just as well. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, so I don't know how it'll do over time, but so far it feels great.

Overall, I really like this new setup. I'm not sure if I'll keep the H3, but for now I'm enjoying it. The Fastarc though is definitely a keeper for me.

As for the blades, I can't really compare since I have very different rubbers glued on.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 5:07am
Good to know Fastarc P1 is comparable to Tenergy. Is it more like G1 hard or S1 soft? Does it bounce like a tensor?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic