Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Durability of Evolution MX-P?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Durability of Evolution MX-P?
    Posted: 09/03/2015 at 1:49pm
Hey guys,

I'm planning to order some Evolution MX-P to test it out, after 2 years of not using it. I wanted to know how the durability is, as I usually stick with rubbers for 5-6 months. 

I remember that the rubber did have a steep drop-off compared to Tenergy, but that it was still playable after that drop-off. If anyone would like to share their experiences with the durability of MX-P it would be very much appreciated, as the price at Dandoy is super cheap currently (if you buy 4).

Thanks,

SmackDAT
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 2:07pm
To me, durability is fantastic.

MX-P loses its effect gradually as the sponge dries up. Keep a bottle of Falco Tempo Long handy and put a layer after 2 months. It behaves great with that booster and this really enhances the time period during which you can get maximum performance from the rubber.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

To me, durability is fantastic.

MX-P loses its effect gradually as the sponge dries up. Keep a bottle of Falco Tempo Long handy and put a layer after 2 months. It behaves great with that booster and this really enhances the time period during which you can get maximum performance from the rubber.

Haha, thanks, but I really don't want to add to the already heavy weight of MX-P by adding booster to the sponge :D 

Have you ever tried playing with MX-P for a prolonged period of time without booster though? What is the maximum (playable) time in hours?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Have you ever tried playing with MX-P for a prolonged period of time without booster though? What is the maximum (playable) time in hours?

Precisely 87 hours.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Precisely 87 hours.

Can you give us a batch-to-batch standard deviation as well?
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 4:46pm
just glued a brand new mx-p on my blade! hope it will last 100 hours and no chiped edges. *wishful thinking*
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 4:56pm
MX-P shrinks, people!
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 5:16pm
i undercut it!
FS:

Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 5:22pm
I think MX-P has good durability. It may a more noticeable amount of tuner affect in the first month or two but I feel like the decline tapers off after that.
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 5:43pm
it has better durability than a T05. I sinked and scratched with nails on both post-cut rubbers to test it. T05 ripped out on first try. MX-P lasted 6-7 scratches depending on angles. 

Not as good as Xiom Omega rubbers but much better than T05.

The topsheet also feels like a T05(heavily boosted), sponge feels like a Omega(big pores).

Gonna test drive it tonight along with my brand new O5P!! Big smile

Edited by ahsq - 09/03/2015 at 5:44pm
FS:

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

MX-P shrinks, people!

I find that almost irrelevant in choosing rubber. T05 shrinks just as much. If you don't roll your MX-P on blade, it won't shrink very much at all.

1. If you remove from blade after 1.5-2 months to put on booster (like FLT) to prolong life, you'll find the rubber shrinks a bit on removal. After you put on booster, it grows back to it's original size or a bit more.
  2. If you don't plan on putting booster and don't plan on EJing, it does not shrink while on blade
  3. If you don't plan on putting booster and plan on EJing, just cut it initially with a bit of a overhang on blade.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 7:25pm
Or you can wait after an hour before sticking the rubber to the blade and when you use a roller do not press too much when you are roller the roller on the rubber
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 8:10pm
I think it is reasonably durable (in actual play as opposed to scratching with a nail, it is about the same as Tenergy) and I never had a shrinking problem with MX-P.  However,  felt like the loss of factory boosting of MX-P was pretty rapid.  I guess you can always re-boost it, but I was always too lazy to do that.  I find Tenergy more stable over time.  But without doubt, MX-P is excellent rubber.
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 9:09pm
Pardon the slight thread jacking, but does the MX-S also loses its tuner effect after some time?

Thanks.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Machine_Head Machine_Head wrote:

Pardon the slight thread jacking, but does the MX-S also loses its tuner effect after some time?

Thanks.

It does, but not until exactly 143 hours of play.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 10:55pm
no more, no less.
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2015 at 12:17am
Specifically about MX-P - durability of the sponge was great however top sheet lost it's consistency after 1st week and so the combination started to feel very different than how it felt the 1st week.

From my experience all of the modern tensor's i have tried ( Donic , Tibhar , Andro) behave excellent out of the package for 1st week . After the 1st week each of them tend to show their differences either from sponge or top sheet  , however once you get used to any of them that suits you they tend to last for a long time given their price. My BF series last me at least about 4 - 6 months with solid play of 4 days a week. 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2015 at 9:51am

Thanks.

I'm sure it does. However, the tuner effect is much less pronounced than MX-P, so as it wears off it's much less noticeable. It doesn't feel like an immediate dip in performance. 
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2015 at 12:03pm
Just have a full hour of forehand rally with the brand new MX-P last night. WOW. simply beautiful mechanics. It felt better than any other rubbers I have tried. Afterwards when I was cleaning the rubber I noticed a tiny speck of chip on the topsheet. Not sure if it was there before or not. I then used a 10x loupe to see and noticed a bunch of them in a line formation all over the topsheet.
FS:

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2015 at 4:00pm
Ahsq,

What is your method for cleaning your rubbers?
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2015 at 4:06pm
wet non dripping Tork paper towel wiping one direction from base to tip. then air dry and put into ziplock bag.

Edited by ahsq - 09/04/2015 at 4:09pm
FS:

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2015 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Thanks.

I'm sure it does. However, the tuner effect is much less pronounced than MX-P, so as it wears off it's much less noticeable. It doesn't feel like an immediate dip in performance. 

Where is that MX-S review you promised?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2015 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

Just have a full hour of forehand rally with the brand new MX-P last night. WOW. simply beautiful mechanics. It felt better than any other rubbers I have tried. Afterwards when I was cleaning the rubber I noticed a tiny speck of chip on the topsheet. Not sure if it was there before or not. I then used a 10x loupe to see and noticed a bunch of them in a line formation all over the topsheet.

I like this rubber too. But in your enthusissm keep in mind there iis a lot more that goes into TT than forehand counters!
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2015 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I like this rubber too. But in your enthusissm keep in mind there iis a lot more that goes into TT than forehand counters!

i tried other forehand rubber activities. MX-P is at least/better than other ESN rubbers I tried so far. and I tried about 5.

Service, short push, smash(if I stroke correctly that is), lift backspin(thank the Lawwwd), and counter loop.

Maybe it is new and newly glued on, the bounce/kick of this thing is uncanny! If anyone wants I can go into details on each of the strokes, but then other posters have already described them so well.
FS:

AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2015 at 6:37am
Can someone recommend good eshop in europe where can I buy Falco long booster?
shaame View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2015 at 6:43am
tt11...
H 3 Neo 2.2//Xiom Offensive S\\Xiom Vega Pro 2.0
AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2015 at 6:52am
Thanks I was just browsing that shop when I read your post lol.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2015 at 12:13pm

i tried other forehand rubber activities. MX-P is at least/better than other ESN rubbers I tried so far. and I tried about 5.

Whoa, that's a very low centifatt rating for EJs. Only five??!!

Let me list only what I'm sure I've tried off the top of my head (as if anyone would care but I'll amuse myself)

Adidas: Tenzone Ultra
Andro: Rasant
Donic: Acuda S1, Acuda S2, Acuda S3, Baracuda, Bluefire M3, Bluefire JP03, Desto F3
Joola: Maxxx 400, Max 450
Palio: Blit'z, Thor's
Tibhar: Aurus, Aurus Soft, MX-P
Xiom: Vega Europe, Vega Pro, Omega IV Europe
Yasaka: Rakza 7 Soft

whoo hoo! that's 20. There's probably about seven more but I'd be guessing exactly which ones they were

anywho...
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2015 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Whoa, that's a very low centifatt rating for EJs. Only five??!!

Let me list only what I'm sure I've tried off the top of my head (as if anyone would care but I'll amuse myself)

Adidas: Tenzone Ultra
Andro: Rasant
Donic: Acuda S1, Acuda S2, Acuda S3, Baracuda, Bluefire M3, Bluefire JP03, Desto F3
Joola: Maxxx 400, Max 450
Palio: Blit'z, Thor's
Tibhar: Aurus, Aurus Soft, MX-P
Xiom: Vega Europe, Vega Pro, Omega IV Europe
Yasaka: Rakza 7 Soft

whoo hoo! that's 20. There's probably about seven more but I'd be guessing exactly which ones they were

anywho...

The five I actually owned.

since you are into name throwing let me see what I can throw out here it goes.....

.......nothing, I tried way too many for from other people's setup with different blades.
FS:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic