Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Unknown Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Hautamaeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Unknown Rubbers
    Posted: 09/27/2015 at 1:52pm
Hi

I'm in a quest to find the best possible soft, yet with some bounce and good grip, tacky or not rubber for BH.

Found some possible candidates like:

Reactor cKylin
Three Sword Prompt
61 second thunder LM ST
Bomb UFO J
Genote peak power
Double fish hunting shadows FA213

well, I tried Ckylin, it's a very strange rubber, it's moderately fast, lets say andro hexer like, very but very easy to control but, it seem that doesnt have spin, it's very strange, if i use a little wrist it goes with some spin, if not , it's oreless like an anti top, very strange, but like it because I put so many balls on the table, even with top spin.

Now, I ordered the bomb and the double fish lets see if they are any good.

I would really like something with the control of ckylin, but with spin.

Can anybody comment on the rubbers above?

Thank you

Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2015 at 5:16pm
That's a pretty specific list. I can say I've tried all of those brands, but none of the rubbers probably.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 12:31am
Played Reactor Ckylin 6 years ago. Cannot say it was soft, but certainly tacky. Wouldn't use it on BH.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 12:32am
Try 729 Battle, Gambler Outlaw Soft.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 12:28pm

Kokutaku Blutenkirsche 868 Tokyo

FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

<h1 itemprop="name" ="ul fn" style="font-size: 25px; margin: 15px 0px 14px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb238, 85, 85; padding-bottom: 0px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: 'segoe ui', sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Kokutaku Blutenkirsche 868 Tokyo</h1>

1+ this. Worked great till I got 3 in a row that bubbled on me.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 6:38pm
topsheet/sponge bubbled? what area?(i know anywhere is bad....) 
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

wanhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 7:57pm
SWORD break 44 max..bought only for 10US thru TaoBao and its so value for money...hee
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 8:42pm
Unique Subtle Rubber Topsheet by KTL, you never get from any other manufacturer..

http://eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3649

This subtle topsheet rubber material give you a lot of good control and sharp feeling.    Amasingly spinny topsheet,   notably lighweight either.    
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 9:05pm

topsheet/sponge bubbled? what area?(i know anywhere is bad....) 

Where you hit the ball, of course.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 9:16pm

Kokutaku Blutenkirsche 868 Tokyo

this is a steal of a rubber

would need booster to have the "bounce" the OP wants, however

I actually just boosted a sheet (porous yellow sponge version) on my YEO cpen. Talk about making it come alive!!
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 9:18pm
get the reactor ckylin blue sponge medium soft if you want it for the backhand. the red one is a good backhand rubber. its topsheet is "like" that of the vega series and the sponge is like a porous tensor sponge. for the forehand it has to be medium hard unless you want a soft rubber too. the Reactor Ckylin Blue Sponge is probably the best Chinese rubber under 15 usd. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

get the reactor ckylin blue sponge medium soft if you want it for the backhand. the red one is a good backhand rubber. its topsheet is "like" that of the vega series and the sponge is like a porous tensor sponge. for the forehand it has to be medium hard unless you want a soft rubber too. the Reactor Ckylin Blue Sponge is probably the best Chinese rubber under 15 usd. 

is this the rubber we're talking about?

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 9:27pm
how long has cKylin been around?? It has the old ITTF logo

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 9:37pm
theo, the old one is not a blue sponge version. the new one with the blue sponge has just been released 2 months ago i think. here are the pics:

The topsheet is the same but the sponge is much better. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 9:38pm
wow yogi, that looks promising!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 9:43pm
theo, yes it is. the topsheet is very grippy but with less tack. It is very spinny but i think H3 is spinnier. The ckylin is easier to handle and smash because it is not so sticky. The speed of the medium hard sponge is faster than the regular H3. Also, the red topsheet is not tacky after a day of using but very grippy.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 9:44pm

theo, yes it is. the topsheet is very grippy but with less tack. It is very spinny but i think H3 is spinnier. The ckylin is easier to handle and smash because it is not so sticky. The speed of the medium hard sponge is faster than the regular H3. Also, the red topsheet is not tacky after a day of using but very grippy.

so are you saying there's more than one hardness version of the blue sponge?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 9:55pm
yes, the medium soft version which is like 36-37 degrees dhs scale and the medium hard which is 39-40 degrees dhs scale. I have both.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 9:56pm

yes, the medium soft version which is like 36-37 degrees dhs scale and the medium hard which is 39-40 degrees dhs scale. I have both.

hmm... I found a few places to order but I don't see the hardness specified
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 10:04pm
you can ask the seller to check at the sponge where medium hard and medium soft is written

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 10:06pm

you can ask the seller to check at the sponge where medium hard and medium soft is written

any chance you have the packaging for both and you can upload pics?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 10:08pm
this is from the pic on the page I was about to order from (seller on aliexpress)

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 10:11pm
and I just checked eacheng's ebay page; same chinese characters for hardness
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 10:20pm
try eacheng,net

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 10:22pm

try eacheng,net

already checked there... same as ebay page, one logo and no explanation (in English)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 10:29pm
here it is:

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 10:33pm
well, looks like i'll know when they arrive and I look at the sponge

don't think i can resist a couple sheets
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 10:37pm
sponge on both hardness are the same. the lighting and distance made the color different

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 10:39pm

sponge on both hardness are the same. the lighting and distance made the color different

i meant because the hardness is written in english, which i didn't realize
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic