Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best blade for loopers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best blade for loopers
    Posted: 10/09/2015 at 11:55pm
Hello people
Hope u all r well.
Just wanted ask what is the best blade for two winged loopers. I am an 1800 rated player and i think i need a new blade because my current blade (boll zlf) plays like its completely dead. ball just dies down right into to the net. 
any suggestions 

petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
Sponsored Links

big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 12:00am
feel free to rubbers and combinations into the mix

petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 12:22am
Viscaria/Timo Boll ALC.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 1:01am
Are you saying the boll zlf is too slow for you?
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 1:10am
I am saying that the zlf that i have is off poor quality. it plays very different to other ones that i have tried of other players
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 2:14am
if anyone knows big d personally, let him know that someone hacked his account
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 2:23am
Originally posted by big d big d wrote:

I am saying that the zlf that i have is off poor quality. it plays very different to other ones that i have tried of other players

What happened, buddy?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 11:33am
I think I got a fake timo boll zlf
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 11:40am
For pure looping game I say 5-pliers are the best blades.
And among 5-pliers I liked most DHS Hurricane Hao and Nittaku Violin.
bes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 11:57am
Define "Best".  Now define "Best for you".  Fastest?  Most control?  Spinniest?  Best feel?  Best handle?  Best balance?  Best weight?  Best brand?  Best model?  Best generation of specific model?  

I suspect that "functionally best" is a specific blend of the above that happens to hit your individual sweet spot.

Try some  (or a bunch if you like) blades and figure out what, in general you like and don't like.  Pick one you like.  

bes
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 12:56pm

I think I got a fake timo boll zlf

Did someone here sell it to you? Don't lose sleep over it. If you don't know what you are looking for, I can bring you a few to test.
Cybershape Carbon
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 1:47pm
Try some OSP virtuoso +
At least there aren't fakes at this moment and they play really great.

big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 8:35pm
Thanks nextLevel c ya soon
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 2:37am
rubbers and "legs-abdominal muscles-arm-wrist" coordination and technique are much more important than blades for looping
But...some blades are really not good for looping.
Otherwise, for looping, I like the old Korbels, the acoustic......

Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 2:41am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89yUZWz1XWQ
i am the guy in the white shirt. skip to 1.10 to c me loop
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 6:16am
As far as I can see, you tend to hit the ball pretty late when you loop. One of my teammembers does that too and when he switched to rubbers with more catapult, his loops became more dangerous.
I'm a two wing looper and the Joola Rossi Emotion (or the new Aruna, which is the same) is one of my favorite blades. Think it would nicely fit your game.

Good luck (and have fun) testing some blades.
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 7:32am
The Boll ZLF does make looping easy, it is quite flexible but lacks a bit of penetrating power ...

I suspect you would like a stiffer feeling blade, of which there are many options in the ALC/ ZLC ranges and clones...

1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 8:49am
Try the Hurricane Long 5. It's really an awesome blade. Pure wood feel with carbon power. 
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 10:28am
I have one for sale as new Tongue

Edited by assam - 10/11/2015 at 10:29am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 12:28pm
Also extremely head heavy and takes getting used to. I agree the feel is excellent. But there are cheaper great ALC blades out there. I am using one of them.
Cybershape Carbon
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 1:15pm
Are Viscaria, zjk and zjk alc good blades for looping purposes? can anyone tell me the difference in playing characterestics of these blades and tbs?
Thanks
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 1:21pm

Are Viscaria, zjk and zjk alc good blades for looping purposes? can anyone tell me the difference in playing characterestics of these blades and tbs?
Thanks

Depending on what you are trying to do, they may or may not be.  Let's discuss this tomorrow.  IF you want to bore yourself, but understand a lot, start here:

https://thoughtsontabletennis.wordpress.com/2015/04/25/introduction-to-table-tennis-blade-design/

The more knowledgeable EJs will say similar things in simpler English.

Otherwise, it's much easier to walk around your club and borrow other people's stuff and hit with it for 5 minutes than to talk to people on the internet.
Cybershape Carbon
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 1:23pm
Well said nextLevel.
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 2:38pm
Borrow NL's Tibhar power wood.  I used a Boll ZLF for a long time (not fake), and I immediately loved that power wood.  
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 8:57am
Hurricane long 5.

Big d with hurricane long 5.
Pause, is it me or does that sound wrong lmao.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 9:28am
Power wood is an awesome blade for looping. But if you need a little more power, get an Adidas Avenger 7.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 10:03am
Avalox p500?  Stiga off classsic?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 10:31am
Big D is a higher level player than many/most of the players on this site (that is what 1800 tends to mean). He just needs to hit with enough blades to realize that blades don't do anything special for your game and come down to familiarity and personal preference once a few basic criteria are met. That will either make him feel better about his current blade or encourage him to get something else and use it for a while.
Cybershape Carbon
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 10:39am
If blades don't do anything special to your game why did you try so many and keep changing them?
Of corse you can find blades very different, in terms of spin generation, control, speed, hardness, or how they behave at each players hand
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 10:43am
Originally posted by assam assam wrote:

If blades don't do anything special to your game why did you try so many and keep changing them?
Of corse you can find blades very different, in terms of spin generation, control, speed, hardness, or how they behave at each players hand

Because I enjoy buying and playing with blades and I like being able to speak from first hand experience about them. I have not improved my rating whenever I changed a blade. If I did, the blade did something special.
Cybershape Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic