Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

t80 vs t64 backhand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PringlesRingles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: t80 vs t64 backhand
    Posted: 10/13/2015 at 6:08pm
Have you tried both and could tell something about the differences?

OVerall opninon of these rubbers on bh?
Sponsored Links

schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 3:30am
T80 has a much deader and more direct feel than T64.  It is supposedly the literal half-way between T05 and T64 (in terms of pip structure, and consequently speed and spin).  

However, I did not like T80 on my backhand when I still used inverted both sides, and I found I had a lot of difficulty producing spin compared to both T64 and T05.  T80FX was more to my liking - I think the softer sponge gave the rubber more catapult (like the other tenergies) and feeling while still having a firmer/dead feeling top sheet.
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 7:11am
I am a big fan of T64, but for some reasons I am much more efficient with T05 and T80 on my BH. I don't really need the speed of T64 on my BH. T80 and T05 are a bit slower, but the linearity of those helps my consistency.
FH is different story. With other words, one must try to find out what suits him best
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 2:52am
I have used gone away and returned to T80 on BH recently, with T64 FH...

Personally, I think T80 is awesome on BH due to it's sleeping state for touch shots and blocks...

The dwell time sponge feeling is more pronounce when blocking opponents attacking shots and very easy to direct the blocks. But it's more than a expensive blocking rubber...

Lifting backspin balls, banana BH, driving and looping feel really connected with the ball; it's a great feeling...

I've got to say that your experience may depend on the BH rubber you plan to change from...

I've been on a merry go round of BH rubbers trying to find "Nirvana", so the difference between T05FX (my previous BH rubber) and T80 that I am sticking with for now, is an improvement for me in the ball contact direct feeling sense...

T64 is the no holds barred BH rubber. Yes it can do all of the above, lower throw and significantly faster (ball leave your bat quicker) on active shots...

Enjoy!.,,
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
PringlesRingles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 4:42am
Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

I have used gone away and returned to T80 on BH recently, with T64 FH...

Personally, I think T80 is awesome on BH due to it's sleeping state for touch shots and blocks...

The dwell time sponge feeling is more pronounce when blocking opponents attacking shots and very easy to direct the blocks. But it's more than a expensive blocking rubber...

Lifting backspin balls, banana BH, driving and looping feel really connected with the ball; it's a great feeling...

I've got to say that your experience may depend on the BH rubber you plan to change from...

I've been on a merry go round of BH rubbers trying to find "Nirvana", so the difference between T05FX (my previous BH rubber) and T80 that I am sticking with for now, is an improvement for me in the ball contact direct feeling sense...

T64 is the no holds barred BH rubber. Yes it can do all of the above, lower throw and significantly faster (ball leave your bat quicker) on active shots...

Enjoy!.,,
Using acuda s2 on bh now
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 9:55am
I haven't used Acuda S2 so I can't give you any comparisons...

Someone here should be able to though...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic