Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Sanwei Target National

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2016 at 9:36am
>>I can live without a blistering 3rd ball game these days.
- My Target Commercial on ALC is good at 3rd ball putaway, both over the table (fast attack brushing the top of the ball) and beyond it (loopkill). If incoming underspin is not heavy, U can put it away.
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2016 at 5:57am
So I had a few sessions with STN on the Viscaria and it was very nice.  A bit more power when over the table and a bit easier to hit a flatter winning shot.

However, I've started to feel a bit uncomfortable with STN.  It needs a more physical approach to the game, and it's hard work for me personally.  YMMV obviously.  Also, on very fine brush shots I sometimes get a loud squeak and the ball drops off.  Everyone then thinks that the ball has broken.  I get around one of these each set, which isn't too bad but it has planted a seed of doubt.

Back to OVA for me.
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 1:12am
what's OVA?
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 1:16am
Omega V Asia
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 2:14am
thanks 
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 3:30am
Could you compare this rubber to Big Dipper?
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 6:00am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Could you compare this rubber to Big Dipper?

IMO, STN has a much better sponge than BD - it's more flexible and elastic, much more of a modern feel.  STN's topsheet is around the same tackiness (although I've had some variation with BD's tackiness from sheet to sheet), but is softer.  Combined with the sponge the whole thing feels more dynamic than BD, which I suppose makes it less linear on paper but at the table it felt more natural to use to me.  STN is another step away from traditional chinese feel and towards a hybrid.

The only downside I found was the squeaking issue I mentioned above, which has put me off.  If you want to try it out I can send you my used sheet?
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2016 at 8:42am
Maybe it is because I am an abstinent EJ, but I read almost every post AndySmith writes about equipment. Love this kind of info. Thanx sir!
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 7:15am
AndySmith,

If you loop by engaging the sponge some more, do you have any slippage problem still and if it makes those same sound? The rubber sounds interesting.

Thx
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Believer Believer wrote:

AndySmith,

If you loop by engaging the sponge some more, do you have any slippage problem still and if it makes those same sound? The rubber sounds interesting.

Thx

No, no slippage then.  It's only on very, very fine brush contacts, which is why it doesn't happen often.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2016 at 11:04am
This is my fh rubber again on an avenger 5 and has more bounce than regular h3 neo. You still need to brush the ball
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Klopic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klopic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2016 at 8:03am
Andy,
Do You think it could work (STN) well on Avalox BT 550 blade? (soft touch with some flex)

Edited by Klopic - 02/26/2016 at 8:17am
Klopic

Avalox Blue Thunder 550

F- Palio Aeolus Max

B- Palio Blit' z, 2,0 mm
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2016 at 3:20pm
Had a session with the STN.  Overall, it is a good rubber.  It feels like an upgraded version of Big Dipper.  The top sheet is a bit more softer and and sponge is about 38 degree DHS scale.  Serving with it can generate great spin like other hybrid tacky rubber.  But the slippage squeaky issue described by AndySmith is there.  But if you drive your shot into the rubber, you don't find this issue.  But my main thing is that the sponge is a bit soft.  If this is one or two degree harder like 40, I will like it more.  I played with it on a stiff Viscaria clone blade and it does feel the lack of power at times.  I will try it on different blade to see if that makes any difference.

Comparing to 729 Battle 2, it is more accurate on your shots.  The shots are more linear.  Also, it blocks very well with it even passive blocking.  This may be a BH rubber surprisingly if you hit like Ma Long, who has switched to a tacky custom DHS rubber with a Gold Arc sponge type hybrid.  So if you block more closer to the table and don't rally much long distance from your BH side, this is not a bad BH rubber because it can do the spiny opening loop from the BH quite easily.

but ideally, I will prefer a slightly harder version if one exists for the FH side.

Edited by Believer - 07/01/2016 at 4:16pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2016 at 1:25am
I was thinking about getting a sheet but I thought the sponge was a bit harder. I dislike BD on 38°. 39° was much better and faster. How about this one compared to MXS&BD 39°? I also played with MXS but it was quite demanding with blocks...

Edited by jonyer1980 - 12/17/2016 at 1:32am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2016 at 5:44am
The red is tackier than the black one. Strange
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2016 at 10:38am
Do you still recommend it to me considering i will play with RW5 and didn't like MXS so much at blocking?? Are red/black that different? If red is tackler I guess it'll be slower as well... would you consider slower than MXS?

Edited by jonyer1980 - 12/17/2016 at 10:41am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2016 at 1:13pm
Yes it is slower than the black one. The tackiness of the red reduces the speed greatly.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic