Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The best way of using the DHS Hurricane Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ttwater View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best way of using the DHS Hurricane Series
    Posted: 10/28/2015 at 7:22am

Sponsored Links

ttwater View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 7:23am

MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 9:25am
 What does "severing the ball" and "aftereffect" mean? Also what's the difference between loop, drive, and loop drive? I'm not quite sure what the exact differences are in English :(
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 11:31am
Loop is mostly spin, drive is mostly hit, and loop drive is both spin and hit together. In other words, when you loop you focus on producing spin, with speed coming incidentally, when you drive you mostly hit, with spin coming incidentally, and with a loop drive you focusing on actively both spinning and hitting.

Edited by Argothman - 10/28/2015 at 12:16pm
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Argothman Argothman wrote:

Loop is mostly soon, drive is mostly hit, and loop drive is both spin and hit together. In other words, when you loop you focus on producing speed, with speed coming incidentally, when you drive you mostly hit, with spin coming incidentally, and with a loop drive you focusing on actively both spinning and hitting.
please edit your postWink
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Loop is mostly soon, drive is mostly hit, and loop drive is both spin and hit together. In other words, when you loop you focus on producing speed, with speed coming incidentally, when you drive you mostly hit, with spin coming incidentally, and with a loop drive you focusing on actively both spinning and hitting.
please edit your postWink

My apologies, I typed that on my phone during a class break! It should be cleared up now.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 2:22pm
could anyone give an estimate on how long does it take for the dome to come down (for gluing to blade) in the case of a new H2/3 boosted with one layer of WBG and 3 layers of Tempo LT booster?
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 6:52pm
I glued my tg3 neo with a U shape on.

After seeing wang hao trying to glue a half curled blue sponge rubber, I said why not.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 7:22pm
The best way is recommended as gluing it straight away to the blade w/o any organic or booster treatment.
Boosting is good for DHS manufacturer and sellers.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 8:36pm

Loop is mostly spin, drive is mostly hit, and loop drive is both spin and hit together. In other words, when you loop you focus on producing spin, with speed coming incidentally, when you drive you mostly hit, with spin coming incidentally, and with a loop drive you focusing on actively both spinning and hitting.

LOL these terms are out-dated eh? Everybody loop drives now, and for those shots you can't loop drive, it's the "loop." I don't think anybody "drives" now LOL

MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 8:39pm
@ttwater: where did you get this information?
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

LOL these terms are out-dated eh? Everybody loop drives now, and for those shots you can't loop drive, it's the "loop." I don't think anybody "drives" now LOL

Well, there's a penholder in our club who drives, I'm having him try out short pips, he doesn't loop at all. But yes, the drive alone is outdated - you loop heavy backspin and if you're skilled you loop drive everything else.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 9:56am
"I glued my tg3 neo with a U shape on."  how and what did you use to glue it and how did it work out?
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 10:27am
What do you mean? It's supposed to be glued on with a U shape. Doesn't any glue work?
tazdevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 10:38am
Hi,

I think I came across the same description in Chinese (if you read simplified) from a TaoBao store, it was a picture in the description sections.  I am not sure which one is the original though...

http://world.taobao.com/item/35797293178.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-6074156515.26.hrP0rd
Current For Sale
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 11:09am

What do you mean? It's supposed to be glued on with a U shape. Doesn't any glue work?
I was under the impression the dome (U) should come back to near flat (relaxed) before I attempt to glue the sheet onto the blade.  Am I wrong?  (I am still waiting for the sheet to relax and did not attempt the glue job)
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 12:44pm
Confused on 2nd half ??
Organic glue, Inorganic glue and iron box?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

Confused on 2nd half ??
I looked that up, organic glue are petro based, and the inorganic is not.  I guess the box is sheltering the rubber from oxidation while being prepared (didn't read that part)
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 1:39pm

Confused on 2nd half ??

I looked that up, organic glue are petro based, and the inorganic is not.  I guess the box is sheltering the rubber from oxidation while being prepared (didn't read that part)

I am not exactly sure what they mean but my guess is that organic glue refers to VOC containing glue (based on organic solvents) like the good old rubber cement or speed glue. I assume that inorganic glue refers to water based glue (WBG) even though WBG is still based on organic compounds just that they are soluble/dispersible in water and it does not contain any organic solvents. In this context the term "inorganic glue" is completely wrong as there is no such thing unless we start to talk about concrete or mortar but I am sure that is not meant here.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
tazdevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Confused on 2nd half ??

I am not exactly sure what they mean but my guess is that organic glue refers to VOC containing glue (based on organic solvents) like the good old rubber cement or speed glue. I assume that inorganic glue refers to water based glue (WBG) even though WBG is still based on organic compounds just that they are soluble/dispersible in water and it does not contain any organic solvents. In this context the term "inorganic glue" is completely wrong as there is no such thing unless we start to talk about concrete or mortar but I am sure that is not meant here.

You are correct.

I am based on the description I read from TaoBao which presumably is the original Chinese passage of the paragraph (which I have posted it in the previous post).  The Chinese TT community usually classifies WBG glue as "无胶水", where the speed glue as "有机胶水".  The term "有机" essentially being translated to "organic".  If translated wordy by word, the term "胶水" would mean inorganic glue which does not make more sense, but this is just what the Chinese TT community so far.

To give a background, from going to the Chinese forum and viewing the videos, it seems that boosting with speed glue (or anything equivalent volatile) is still very popular.  Numerous Taobao stores has described how to tune/boost a rubber (especially the non-neo Hurricanes) to its potential.  This is the reason why the article describes how to do that with Chinese booster (dianchi, lidu, haifu, etc) or with the classic speed glue.
Current For Sale
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 2:54pm
Thanks for clarifying tazdevil. By the way, I don't know Chinese but I am a chemist.

Edited by Matt Pimple - 10/29/2015 at 2:55pm
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 3:06pm
Matt, since you are a chemist - wouldn't solvents be a oil derived product thus organic for glues that require solvent and water based (glue) does use it thus inorganic.  I am only asking since you should be able to easily answer it.
tazdevil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazdevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 3:27pm

Thanks for clarifying tazdevil. By the way, I don't know Chinese but I am a chemist.

I do think this is an interesting read, as it goes such a long way to describes the differences between using the booster directly on the sponge vs layering the sponge with WBG glue first.  I do not aware such a big difference between the two though.  If I have to translate that part from the original Chinese article, I would refer it as:

Booster directly applied to sponge:
Better ball rebouce speed from the rubber, crisp, but a little bit hollow (does it contradict with "crist"  I just said?) while lacking some catapult effect, suitable for those doing quick hit and block, mixing with loop (implying not too good for continuous looper)

Booster over few layers of WBG:
Optimal speed an power

I'll leave out the VOC glue section as I don't think too many of us want to explore that option anyway...

Edited by tazdevil - 10/29/2015 at 3:30pm
Current For Sale
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by tazdevil tazdevil wrote:

I'll leave out the VOC glue section as I don't think too many of us want to explore that option anyway...

I actually use VOC glue; I use Elmer's Rubber Cement. This is NOT the same as speed glue.

My Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 4:30pm

Matt, since you are a chemist - wouldn't solvents be a oil derived product thus organic for glues that require solvent and water based (glue) does use it thus inorganic.  I am only asking since you should be able to easily answer it.

No! The actual glue in the WBG is still an organic compound/polymer, just that it is delivered in water and not in an organic solvent. After a short period of time the solvent (organic or water) evaporates and you are left with the actual glue.

My Feedback
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 6:38pm

No! The actual glue in the WBG is still an organic compound/polymer, just that it is delivered in water and not in an organic solvent. After a short period of time the solvent (organic or water) evaporates and you are left with the actual glue.
Thanks, from  a technical point of view then I guess there is no such thing as an inorganic glue for PP.  The Chinese description must be referring to the delivery medium (or something - I don't usually read these Chinese forums)
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 8:55pm
The majority of people who boost in this forum; wait for the topsheet to stretch after the sponge has been expanded by the absorption of booster.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2015 at 11:18am
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

I glued my tg3 neo with a U shape on.

After seeing wang hao trying to glue a half curled blue sponge rubber, I said why not.
Asifgunz, I tried to glue my piece while it is 1/3 curled, wasn't successful - what did you use and any tips on how?
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2015 at 11:39am
If you're having problems gluing, it might be the glue you're using. I know that DHS and Nittaku work perfectly :)
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2015 at 12:04pm

If you're having problems gluing, it might be the glue you're using. I know that DHS and Nittaku work perfectly :)
I used the Nittaku Finezip, didn't work - I have a small tube of oil based glue (that I never tried) but I am hesitant  to use in case it is not easy to remove
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic