Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What rubbers shall I put on my 103g eben7?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
huoenter View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huoenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What rubbers shall I put on my 103g eben7?
    Posted: 11/15/2015 at 9:04pm
Got it from a friend with T05 and T64. Just took off the rubbers and it weighs 103g!! How could this happen! I'd like my paddle below 185g so I need a fh/bh combination of less than 83g cut weight. Even though Stiga Innova Ultra light should be around 38g (?) on an eben7 as bh rubber and that leaves 45g for a fh rubber. Usually softer sponge is lighter. But I don't like my fh rubber too soft.
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2015 at 9:24pm
If you need your paddle to be under 185 you will most likely need to use short pips on one side... or two very very light rubbers; each below 40 g.

But even then the balance of the paddle will probably be quite different from what you are used to.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2015 at 10:28pm
shave shave shave the blade headsize, preferbly near neck since we don't use that part during gameplay anyways. However some do use em to vary spin during serve.

This might make the blade more flexy. 

then there is the option to shave the handle.

Stiga is known for that cheap QC among the pricey brand names. 

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
liuxue5090 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liuxue5090 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2015 at 6:24pm
I'm with you, bro.
My Ebenholtz VII is 104g bought from Paddle palace. I put Hurricane III on FH and T80 on the BH. Now it weights 202g...
huoenter View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huoenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2015 at 5:53pm
You can actually ask them to pick one within a certain range of weight before you purchase... Mine is from a friend's cousin, about USATT 2560. I think that guy intentionally picked a very heavy one for himself. I bought the used paddle in return for his help. Didn't expect that heavy though.

Edited by huoenter - 11/30/2015 at 5:56pm
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2015 at 6:04am
Innova Premium or Calibra Spin are the best options because of weight.
If you want more spin but and more weight than these two - you could order Cornileau Pro GT rubbers. They are not so heavy like tenergy or esn rubbers, but make good balance.
Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic