FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Interesting training video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting training video
    Posted: 11/19/2015 at 11:51pm
Came across this training video of Jeremy Petiot - I guess from France. 

Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Sponsored Links

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 1:43am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

MAN THIS IS GOOD STUFF THANKS A LOT!!!
Welcome. How high did he reach in the Pro or in France?
Butterfly MPS
Spin83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spin83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 2:06am
http://www.fftt.com/pro/joueur.php?lic_id=192951

nothing special..you can see that from his technique!
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 3:09am
Originally posted by Spin83 Spin83 wrote:

I was quite impressed by his technique. 
His best ranking was 136 in the world. 
Butterfly MPS
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 4:14am
What a coach......I wish I had one like this
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 5:01am
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

He's the current coach of Stephane Ouaiche.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 5:31am
Thats cool that he uses a little bench to make sure he doesn't use too little power in the crossover loop. Will watch the rest later. 
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 8:46am

There is nothing wrong with his technique that would inhibit him from making world top 10, technique is not everything, if it were, players such as kreanga fail to make the world top 100.
The Older I get, The better I was.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

yes, that is what I was thinnking.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 10:24am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Apw46 if you watched the whole video, what ate your thoughts about the coach's style and choices of routines?
About your post above, do you make an allusion to the mental, hunger to win and killer instinct? If yes I understand Jeremy seems to be a very nice guy on and off the table and he should be so off the table only :)

I can't watch it properly, I'm at work and have no sound, but yes, mental awareness and time to play strokes is what stands players out at all levels, IMO as long as technique is moulded within the required parameters its not really the decisive factor as to how far a player goes up the world ranking list. 
Two English players, Pitchford and Drinkhall are both successful pro top 50 players, I would say the guy we are talking about here shows a more orthodox 'correct' f/hand technique than Pitchford.
Spin83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spin83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 11:23am
You guys should look his matches before making statements such as there's nothing wrong..

Fcoz he would beat the shit out of us, but for pro level he has bad footwork, often draws power only from his hand, serve receive and reading the game is average, serve is average. He gets by because of his stamina and quick legs. He's good power player, but only average pro level table tennis skills.

Match is against Robles Alvaro at Croatian Open 2014. 

Edited by Spin83 - 11/20/2015 at 11:38am
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 1:35pm

You guys should look his matches before making statements such as there's nothing wrong..

Fcoz he would beat the shit out of us, but for pro level he has bad footwork, often draws power only from his hand, serve receive and reading the game is average, serve is average. He gets by because of his stamina and quick legs. He's good power player, but only average pro level table tennis skills.

Here is the match: I would be happy if my technique was half as good as his. Top 200 in the world is not an easy level to reach!

Butterfly MPS
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 5:19pm

There is always something wrong, there has not been yet in the history of Table tennis one single example ever of perfect technique, if there were, it could not be improved upon. The longer you are around, the more you realise how absolutely true that is.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 5:38pm

And yet, to get this good still requires an incredible amount of hard and sometimes boring painful work as we saw in the initial video.  And also, what APW46 said.  The vast majority of coaches in the world have never had one of their students reach ~130 in the world.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic