Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Donic rubber similar to mx-p

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic rubber similar to mx-p
    Posted: 11/26/2015 at 4:20am
The only bluefire iv tried for a decent time is jp02 which I found decent. A friend of mine needs this, hes looking mainly for the same powerful low effort spinny loops you get with mx-p. So I remember reading abt jp02 turbo and m1turbo, also the regular m1. Wondering which of these would be the most similar or even better than mx-p.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 5:23am
Original M1 is very close.  Same sponge IMO, same factory boost smell, slightly different topsheet.  The others all involve newer bits of ESN technology and are less similar.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 5:34am
Regular M1 has the same generation sponge, topsheet and hardness.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 6:10am
Thanks for reply guys! Ans yeah.. Was gonna go with the regular m1 but then Was just wondering whether jp01 and m1turbo are anywhere close in spin and power Atleast in all out looping or loop driving?
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 6:34am
Never tried JP01 but M1 Turbo (50º) is just a harder M1 (47,5°).
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 6:37am
JP01 throws lower (a nice medium arc) is less bouncy in the short game, and has lower catapult than M1 (more linear).  It still has loads of power, especially in the higher gears, and is easier to use over the table IMO.  Different characteristics to M1 (and MX-P) - closer to Tibhar 1Q if you've ever tried that.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 7:21am
None of the donic rubbers come close to the performance of mxp especially in spin and durability
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 7:46am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

None of the donic rubbers come close to the performance of mxp especially in spin and durability

I have to say that I'm not so sure about the durability issue either.  I did see a lot more early topsheet wear on my last sheet of M1 when compared with a sheet of MX-P I had a while back.  But I can't agree with the rest - M1 and MX-P are really close IMO.  Not that I'm a tuned instrument or anything, but there you go.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 8:27am
I would say that: among Donic rubbers (as OP asked) M1 is the closer one.

When I see Baum, Skachkov, João Geraldo, Jakub Dyjas, Samuel Walker using Bluefires I belive on its performance. Can't say about durability.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 8:57am
I think the M1 has a higher speed to spin ratio than the MX-P, so on a slow spiny loop I can generate the same spin, but on a fast hard loop, the MX-P gives me more spin.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 8:58am
I dont notice any meaningful difference between them. I've been playing with blue fire for 3 years and now im playing with MXP. Maybe i felt M1 a bit faster at the beginning and MXP bit spinny, but you can easily switch between them without any hesitating
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 9:01am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

[DIV]
[/DIV][DIV]I have to say that I'm not so sure about the durability issue either.  I did see a lot more early topsheet wear on my last sheet of M1 when compared with a sheet of MX-P I had a while back.  But I can't agree with the rest - M1 and MX-P are [B][I]really [/I][/B]close IMO.  Not that I'm a tuned instrument or anything, but there you go.[/DIV]

Nope. The tenergy users in my area shifted to the mxp and tried the m1 but found it lacking in punch. The speed maybe the same but other areas especially the spin and power away from the table, the evolution rubbers especially the mxp is the rubber to beat among tensors. All others cone short.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 9:26am
Did you try the Omega V series though? It's excellent and I can vouch in particular for the Omega V Tour with the plastic ball. I'm not sure how the MX-P fairs in comparison.

I can't bring much to the topic itself, I would have said the M1 to be the best candidate.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 9:33am

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I have to say that I'm not so sure about the durability issue either.  I did see a lot more early topsheet wear on my last sheet of M1 when compared with a sheet of MX-P I had a while back.  But I can't agree with the rest - M1 and MX-P are really close IMO.  Not that I'm a tuned instrument or anything, but there you go.

Nope. The tenergy users in my area shifted to the mxp and tried the m1 but found it lacking in punch. The speed maybe the same but other areas especially the spin and power away from the table, the evolution rubbers especially the mxp is the rubber to beat among tensors. All others cone short.

That's quite surprising, considering they're the same ESN generation, with the same hardness sponge, and the same factory boost, and visually indistinguishable topsheets.  Must be the dye they use for the sponge colour I guess.  Red has more power away from the table than blue.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

Did you try the Omega V series though? It's excellent and I can vouch in particular for the Omega V Tour with the plastic ball. I'm not sure how the MX-P fairs in comparison.

I can't bring much to the topic itself, I would have said the M1 to be the best candidate.

In terms of a direct comparison to MX-P, it is.

Overall, I too much prefer more recent ESN rubbers for the plastic ball when compared with last-gen stuff like M1 or MX-P, and I find I get a lot more reliable spin/speed/power whatever from any distance with them, but that's just me.  We all have different needs, and it's very difficult to say that one rubber is definitively "the best" for everyone.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 9:51am
The evolution rubbers were released years before the current rubbers. As early as 2012 I think there are already evolutions rubbers in the ittf larc and we could assume they improved the rubbers before the sold it commercially.

I think I my be wrong but I do not think it is the dye, I think it is more of the mixture between the natural and synthetic rubbers for the topsheet. If you have observed among esn rubbers, there are those that have the bright red rubbers and those that have a dull red color. I do not know why a lot of the cherry red ones are very spinny or can be easily used to produce spin.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 9:54am

The evolution rubbers were released years before the current rubbers. As early as 2012 I think there are already evolutions rubbers in the ittf larc and we could assume they improved the rubbers before the sold it commercially.

I think I my be wrong but I do not think it is the dye, I think it is more of the mixture between the natural and synthetic rubbers for the topsheet. If you have observed among esn rubbers, there are those that have the bright red rubbers and those that have a dull red color. I do not know why a lot of the cherry red ones are very spinny or can be easily used to produce spin.

Yeah, sorry.  I was trying to be comical with the dye comment.  Should have put a smiley in there.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 11:57am

The speed maybe the same but other areas especially the spin and power away from the table, the evolution rubbers especially the mxp is the rubber to beat among tensors. All others cone short.

I disagree - I've played with MX-P & M1 on both sides of 1 blade for over a year. M1 is at least as powerful as MX-P from mid-distance. It is a bit harder, has a bit more catapault on slow strokes and a shade less spin on full strokes. But it is the most similar rubber to MX-P from the Donic line.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 12:02pm
Donic Baracuda so far for me ;). But for a serious answer to the OP question, clearly M1. The people I see using it could just as well have been using MX-P and I would have not known any differently.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 12:11pm
To add a bit, M1 is a bit easier to spin with.

A difference is that in MX-P, you derive most of the spin from topsheet. In M1, it is from topsheet + sponge.

I prefer MX-P on FH and M1 2.0 on BH.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 1:01pm
Thanks for all the replies guys.
Andy, iv tried the 5Q and it should be similar in feel to the 1q and since the jp01t is similar to the 1q. I guess I'll Rule it out. And since M1t is just a harder version of m1 I'll rule that out too since I don't wanna go more harder.

Also yogi, iv observed the same thing too with the cheery red topsheets being more elastic and spinnier and the dull Crimson red ones being a bit stiff.

After reading all the comments and especially from ppl who have used both for a considerable time I guess I'll go with m1!
Appreciate the input eveyeone! Will update with my impressions after I receive the rubber :)
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 7:46pm
The m1 is easier to spin that is correct but it doesnt have the same feel as the mxp. Overall feel, spin and power m1 is different from mxp. I would rather take hexer hd over m1. People do not realize that the evolution series are a bunch of special rubbers. They are just above every other euro rubber in their class but the drawback is they need a better set of playing skills to use them fully as they were originally designed for sponsored players only. Speed is just one factor that m1 and mxp are almost the same but if you add in feel, spin, trajectory, gears and even durability you would only be looking for a rubber substitute that has something to offer which is a few notches lower.

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 10:09pm
Been using mxp since 2 years and havnt seen anything that could make me change Hehe.. I'm asking this for a friend who was recently sponsored by donic and he can't ask for too many rubbers to try out for some reason, he Hasta just choose two.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

Been using mxp since 2 years and havnt seen anything that could make me change Hehe.. I'm asking this for a friend who was recently sponsored by donic and he can't ask for too many rubbers to try out for some reason, he Hasta just choose two.

How is the durability of MX-P over something like T05?

I almost bought MX-P but was afraid about the durability of the rubber
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2015 at 12:32am
Originally posted by rickywinataa rickywinataa wrote:

Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

How is the durability of MX-P over something like T05?

I almost bought MX-P but was afraid about the durability of the rubber

I think tenergy has really good durability but MXP should be something close or even better at half the price. Mine is still in really good condition even after hitting the table hard few times. I think the topsheet itself might be more durable than T05, I noticed T05 topsheet started breaking at the edges faster than MXP. Can't really say anything on longentivity of the playing properties of both since I've only been using mxp for 3 months and never really killed my tenergies.

Edited by DreiZ - 11/27/2015 at 12:35am
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2015 at 1:18am
The mxp topsheet doesn't crumble or chip as easy as t05 but xiom rubbers are the most durable in this aspect from what iv tried. Well, for me, once both mxp and t05 are past their prime, I find mxp more controllable and easy to use and it also gives me more confidence to go all out whereas as an old sheet of t05 sends the ball out or on the net sometimes unless I tone down my shot. I found mxp better for serving when old ( when new, both are insanely spinny, so couldn't make up my mind). Also, mxp shrinks more than t05 I guess.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2015 at 2:41am
Tibhar has made a revolutionary rubber and it became, by far ,the most popular rubber of the brand. This is MX-P.
On the other hand , Donic's more popular rubber is still the old classic, Baracuda. 

InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2015 at 4:23am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Tibhar has made a revolutionary rubber and it became, by far ,the most popular rubber of the brand. This is MX-P.
On the other hand , Donic's more popular rubber is still the old classic, Baracuda. 

+1
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2015 at 7:06am
If you want to use Baracuda at a higher level, booster is going to become your best friend so get 2.0mm.

Edited by NextLevel - 11/27/2015 at 7:07am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2015 at 8:54am
I've always wondered, do the pros use 2.0 rubber so they can boost it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic