Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seven new blades from STIGA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seven new blades from STIGA
    Posted: 12/01/2015 at 1:13pm
Hi!

Looks like Stiga is releasing "se7en" new blades in 2016. I can't find any information about this in Stigas website except from the video.

http://stigatabletennis.com/en/2015/11/the-stiga-se7en-of-2016/

Anyone got some more information?

Edited by Leftyy - 12/01/2015 at 1:14pm
Sponsored Links

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2015 at 3:25pm
Expensive and all wood, with mediocre quality control. Eagerly awaiting the failure of this new series.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2015 at 4:20pm
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70529&PID=908073&title=new-equipment-2015#908073

Should we expect changes in Stiga's "strategy" based on high prices and questionable quality?
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2015 at 5:33pm
"Se7en - with a core ply made from seven of the highest quality, temperature-hardened knots we found on the floor after our Carbonado launch, combined with a further seven delaminated Infinity limba top plies sent to us from disgruntled customers, we bring you class-leading low resale values and QC so questionable that any win will show how good you really in spite of your blade choice."

Or

"Se7en - even your wife's head in a box will play better than our new blades."
capitanharlock View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capitanharlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2015 at 5:19am
Unfortunately I can only confirm my bad experience with the top of the line Carbonado Stiga products.
QC almost non existent.

Will those "se7en" blades be different?
I highly doubt it.

Dead
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2015 at 2:08pm
I just don't understand why Stiga's quality control continues to be so bad, they can't get many repeat customers.

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2015 at 5:15am
Stiga's QC is absolutely pathetic. I purchased an Ebenholz NCT V from TT11.com after being extremely impressed with my friend's racket, which had Ebenholz NCT V. However, when I received the blade and glued on the same rubbers as my friend had, I realized that the play level and feel of the blade is completely different from the one my friend had. It lacked the power that my friend's blade had. Both of us were using the same rubbers, exactly the same combination. The only difference was in the handle shape. Mine was ST and his was FL. Even the weight range was also same. His was also 77-79 gms.
I could not understand how the feel and play level of two units of the same blade can be so different. I request TT11 to help and they reached out to Stiga and Stiga said that they cannot do anything about it. Poor customer support and pathetic QC. Never going to buy a stiga again.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2015 at 5:52am
I think having a huge chunk of the chineseblade market, I mean hugee chunk, led to them not caring about western players.
Even though stiga blades cost so much more over there, compared to here, folks love it.
Maybe 5 6 years down the line when yinhe and other domestic companies get a bigger share of the market , Stiga will realize where they went wrong.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2015 at 3:40pm
It seems I am something like kind of Nostradamus.
Almost two years ago I posted topic for the funny STIGA catalog.
Up to this moment I have not any hope for development of this brand.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=64817&title=the-last-stiga-catalog-is-very-funny

It is not surprise during this time I have not bought their new products.
I liked very much Airoc rubber's topsheet only, but too pity they haven't developed good sponge for it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic