Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Testers/buyers wanted: BBC Quad-Trip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Testers/buyers wanted: BBC Quad-Trip
    Posted: 01/13/2016 at 10:11pm
In the last two-three weeks I had been testing a new blade made by famous blademaker Charlie Smith (BladesByCharlie.com) - it's called Quad-Trip. I liked it but not enough to make it my own (doesn't work with my rubbers, and I prefer zero-vibration blades)

It's an (OFF-) blade with slight vibration. Blade's weight is 82-83 g, shakehand FL handle. Thickness around 6.7-6.8 mm with 4 cypress layers and three super-thin special carbon layers between them (Charlie calls that material "nano-carbon").

The handle is superb; extremely convenient as it is with all BBC blades. I think that in that aspect Charlie's blades are second to none, and I have tried 30-40 different blades of more than a dozen brands. Very good control, approximately (OFF-) speed range. Medium throw angle, very good short game, great looping.

If you are in US-48 and interested to buy it or you have a sincere wish to properly test it, let me know - I will mail it to you free of charge (or if you are outside that area then you will have to pay the postal fees). For testing, only known forum members in good standing should apply.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2016 at 11:32pm
The blade is taken! Thank you all...

And I am sure the future tester - our well-known forummer jt99sf - will let us know his impressions soon. Wink
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
victorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2016 at 10:22pm
JimT - can I try Quad Trip in the near future? I'll be overseas from Feb 8th to 23rd so late Feb onwards will be perfect for me depending on the waiting list of members looking to try it
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 5:23pm
Is that Quad-Trip still around? would be interested in buying it.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic