FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Soft/Lively Rubbers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soft/Lively Rubbers?
    Posted: 02/12/2016 at 6:04pm
I'm looking for a rubber with a very 'soft' feel to it. Those kinds that make it seem like you're swatting nothing but air when the ball hits.

As of yet, I have tried a fairly sizable selection -- geospin tacky, reflectoid, sriver, galaxy moon, tackiness chop, juic elite 999, 729 judo, and a bunch of others I can't even remember.

So far the only one I've been pleased with is the Donic Coppa x2 -- it has that lighter than air quality once the ball hits. 

Do you know of any similar rubbers or other types of rubber that fit this description? I'd imagine they are soft sponges... How does a really FAST rubber feel? Do they have that hard THUNK each hit, or the soft touch and go style? 

My main purpose would be for brush-looping, blocks, and chops. I'm not sure if this rubber style is optimal for that play style, but they are the ones that I like best. 

Any ideas? 
Sponsored Links

ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2016 at 6:18pm
Imo, the Gewo Hype rubbers have a very soft/lively feel to them. There will be a US-based forum test of these rubbers announced soon... 
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2016 at 6:46pm
Butterfly Solcion was very soft, if you can find it anymore.

Edit: STIGA Boost TS and XIOM Omega IV Elite are also very soft

Edited by IanMcg - 02/12/2016 at 6:58pm
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2016 at 7:21pm
Softest rubber I have ever tested was Joola Samba Plus, also very light weight. The spin is good but not as good as latest generation ESN rubbers but those are heavier and not quite as soft.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
JoeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2016 at 8:23pm
Have you ever hit with Xiom vega Europe. It has a lively, soft, sponge, but the topsheet is VERY soft too.
So you have good dwell time. Brush loops at any speed are very good and yet it has very good control, I find. Have no idea how it would be with chops.  Get it in Max for the full joy!Wink  It is lots of fun to hit and find all the amazing things that you can do with this rubber.
If you look on ttdb you will see something like 140 people have left reviews of it! There is a very good reason for that.
Joe B   BBC Hinoki/carbon
            BBC Hinoki

Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2016 at 3:33am
Tibhar Nimbus delta is soft with good spin, and yes lively. Nittaku Moristo DF is really soft very good spin, control and blocks but not really lively, more like a classic rubber.
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
buffalowings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffalowings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2016 at 10:09am
go for the donic desto series or coppa series. desto f3 big slam is the softest and loudest u can ever find lol
bptse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bptse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2016 at 4:01pm
Patrick, I saw in the rubber mass thread that you measured all the gewo hypes and rest of the nanoflex series. Don't mean to hijack this thread but care to give a preview of how they all compare? I've had a NF T48 on my photino for a few weeks now and it's real promising.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2016 at 10:22pm
Gewo forum test has gone live.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2016 at 10:44pm
I recommend rasant powersponge for BH, it is quite stable on blocking and attacking fast ball but when brush loop need a really good precise timing for the arc which is quite low-medium throw.

@patrick
Gewo nanoflex 45 is also a great rubber,it is easy to use, resemble of mizunoT45 they are quite similar. 

I also got hype el 47.5 from the distributor in Thailand, he claims that hype has more grip and power which I agreee, on a good stroke it's power match and even surpass power of MXP(switching from MXP). It's too powerful for me(using it on backhand) and not easy to use so nanoflex impress me more.

Good thing about gewo, it doesnt shrink much, I reglue it twice and it still fit testing blade (Jun zlc) 
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Bobobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2016 at 11:46pm
Sorry for piggybacking on your post. Does less tacky mean more grippy? If not, how can you tell how grippy a rubber is?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2016 at 9:51am
Rakza 7 soft, joola rhyzm 42.5 degrees, vega europe
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2016 at 9:54am
donic vario big slam
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic