Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiball with a ~5 Year Old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiball with a ~5 Year Old
    Posted: 03/23/2016 at 2:18am
I found this video the other day while searching for beginner table tennis videos in Japanese. It's quite an old video so maybe it has been posted before, but I think it's pretty cool.

The video I'm linking is the first video in the series. I'm not embedding it because it's a playlist. Check it out.

What the girl says in the first video is:

"Hello, everyone. I'm Arai Wakaba and I'm in the 1st grade of elementary school. I'm going to introduce some of the multiball exercises I do. Please have a look!"

The rest of the videos are of her father feeding the balls, and her practicing.

I wonder if she continued playing, and how well she plays now.

EDIT:

From video 7 onwards, it's a different girl. She's really cool as well. It doesn't say anything else about her except her name is Miyu Kobayashi. She's using a shake grip as opposed to the Jpen of the first girl.

Edited by mickd - 03/23/2016 at 2:26am
Sponsored Links

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 3:06am
They both made the mistake of posting their videos to MyTT.net and got so confused and discouraged by the comments they received that they quit playing.

Mark - One of the guilty

berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 10:43am
I'm a five year old
Who does multiball.

I've done multiball
Since I was two feet tall.

I learned multiball
Before I could walk.

I learned multiball
Before I could talk.

I learned multiball
Before I was three.

By six I'll be a member
Of the JNT.

Edited by berndt_mann - 03/23/2016 at 10:46am
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 11:05am
Little kids are great!
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 11:22am
Yeah. I wish I had more interest in table tennis when I was young.

Actually, I did but I just didn't think I'd be able to play any table tennis in Australia (I was wrong, but it's too late now).

Since moving to Japan I haven't been able to stop playing.

I got my arse kicked by a 13 and 14 year old girl today. Probably could have been closer if I wasn't recovering from a cold.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 3:07pm
The first girl probably has already quit as she later found out there was no future for a female Jpenholder.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 6:20pm
she's so polite
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

The first girl probably has already quit as she later found out there was no future for a female Jpenholder.

There's nothing like having a positive outlook on life is there, zeio?

I'm not just impressed with her ability to do multi ball, but also with how hard she hits the damn ball!
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 10:38pm
Tell me about it.  I was once turned down at the door because I played penhold.  That's how things turned out after the Sweden defeated China.  The amateur circle was fascinated with shakehand over the night.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2016 at 10:39pm
I'm impressed that she seems to have fun and is so polite that it is actually hilarious. And if she quit? Well, no problem if that's what she wanted. Maybe she is in medical school or maybe she is playing soccer or maybe being a regular kid. The video made me laugh.
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2016 at 1:03am
Yeah, a lot of Japanese people are polite like that. I looked her up before and there was an article that said she came in the top 16 in an All Japan tournament recently. I think it was juniors only, though. But maybe not.

Here's a video of her playing recently:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic