Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donic Waldner limited edition 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bandadacota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandadacota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic Waldner limited edition 2016
    Posted: 03/31/2016 at 1:03pm
just got it from Japan....little thicker than the 1995 version....but overall, satisfiedClap
Sponsored Links

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 1:05pm
Nice blade.  What's the weight?  Looks to have the same composition as the original Kong Linghui (all-wood) right?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandadacota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 1:06pm
1995/2016 comparison.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandadacota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Nice blade.  What's the weight?  Looks to have the same composition as the original Kong Linghui (all-wood) right?

average around 84.3g......little thicker than 1995 version.........it has limba top ply....where as KLH wood has Koto top ply...

Edited by bandadacota - 03/31/2016 at 1:08pm
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 1:13pm
Have you played with the DONIC Waldner DICON? If so, how does the new Waldner compare?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandadacota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 2:23pm
very similar......but this waldner off 2016 has smaller handle...
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 3:48pm
Great blade and very beautiful!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 4:03pm
Wooooow nice blades! I prefer the handle of the old one because it is more squared.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2016 at 5:46am
Originally posted by bandadacota bandadacota wrote:

Smaller handle ? Please share with us the handle dimensions of the old Banda Waldner and the new limited edition. Handle thickness, wideness and length, also please the thickness of the blade. Has the blade the same blade dimension as the old one ?

I'm looking forward to see the differences...

king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 6:04am

Edited by king_pong - 06/25/2016 at 6:06am
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 6:06am
Originally posted by bandadacota bandadacota wrote:

My complaint with Dicon is that it is a little bit thicker (5.8mm) than the older Waldner woods, and Donic bills the Dicon as, "Nearly Stiff", so to me the Dicon lacks the gears of the older Waldner wood.  Don't you agree?

How does this new re-release Waldner wood compare to the original in stiffness/flexibility?  (I imagine that it is a little bit stiffer if it is a little bit thicker — my old Waldner woods are around 5.4mm). 
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2016 at 2:18pm
I have also a old Donic Dicon which is around 5,4 mm thick. The new Dicon Modells are exact 5,8 mm. Here are my impressions:

old Donic Dicon blade with 5,4 mm feels most flexible of this blades, then comes old Banda blades then the new Dicon blades with 5,8 mm. The new Donic Dicon blades have total diffrent and in my opinion very bad handle radius and dimension. They are the stiffest of all. I have took a new Dicon blade with 5,8 mm thickness to put on Mikael Maze handles on. Now it plays perfect. I took the 5,8 mm Dicon because the Viscaria and the first Spirit modells were also 5,8 mm thick.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2016 at 2:25pm
Now I have the ideal all wood offensive blade and the handle I have wanted so long before. Forget all the STANDARD Butterfly straight handle blades. I won't buy so soon again a Butterfly new blade because you never get for that high price that blade what Butterfly promotes and we expect. The only usefulll thing on Butterfly blades is the handle radius of a Spirit ALC or Maze blade.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 2:14am
Originally posted by ttspirit ttspirit wrote:

I have also a old Donic Dicon which is around 5,4 mm thick. The new Dicon Modells are exact 5,8 mm. Here are my impressions: 

old Donic Dicon blade with 5,4 mm feels most flexible of this blades, then comes old Banda blades then the new Dicon blades with 5,8 mm. The new Donic Dicon blades have total diffrent and in my opinion very bad handle radius and dimension. They are the stiffest of all. I have took a new Dicon blade with 5,8 mm thickness to put on Mikael Maze handles on. Now it plays perfect. I took the 5,8 mm Dicon because the Viscaria and the first Spirit modells were also 5,8 mm thick.

Without derailing this thread too much— so you say the old Dicon is 5.4mm, similar to the old Waldner wood.  Now you prefer the new Dicon at 5.8mm.   Do you have any old Dicon that you would be willing to sell perhaps?
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 9:13am
Don't missunderstand me. I like the old Donic Dicon with 5,4 mm and I love to play with it, but when it comes to play seriously in matches I prefer other handle radius and dimensions, like the Butterfly SPirit ST or Maze Or ALC. The old Dicon and the new Dicon ST blades have not the handle radius I like. Most worse handle radius has the new Dicon blades. I like most squarish ST handles.
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 9:22am
There is non identical wood blade
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 11:13am

Don't missunderstand me. I like the old Donic Dicon with 5,4 mm and I love to play with it, but when it comes to play seriously in matches I prefer other handle radius and dimensions, like the Butterfly SPirit ST or Maze Or ALC. The old Dicon and the new Dicon ST blades have not the handle radius I like. Most worse handle radius has the new Dicon blades. I like most squarish ST handles.

I think old and new Dicon are the same blade exactly.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 4:07am
No they aren't. First the blade thickness is different and the handle shape and it's dimensions of the ST handle. Old Dicon has 5,4 mm, the new Dicon has 5,8 mm. Just the veneers are the same, but handle shape and Dimensions are total different. Old Dicon has ST handle thickness 23,3 mm and wideness 28,8 mm around. Ok, the new Dicon has nearly same Dimensions but the radius of the handle is total different and very bad to play with. If you want I can make some photos with dimension of the blade and handle.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 4:10am
To me the new Donic Waldner Off ST limites edition seems to be the same copy of all the bad Donic blades with its handle shapes and dimensions...
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 4:11am
Only difference is the small shoulder wide of the blades.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 5:28pm

No they aren't. First the blade thickness is different and the handle shape and it's dimensions of the ST handle. Old Dicon has 5,4 mm, the new Dicon has 5,8 mm. Just the veneers are the same, but handle shape and Dimensions are total different. Old Dicon has ST handle thickness 23,3 mm and wideness 28,8 mm around. Ok, the new Dicon has nearly same Dimensions but the radius of the handle is total different and very bad to play with. If you want I can make some photos with dimension of the blade and handle.

Yes, please post some images (of the handle at least; maybe more)

Thank you
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2016 at 3:59pm
Here are the meassurements of :

old Donic Dicon ST: 5,4 mm; wide 28,8 mm thick 23,3 mm nice handle shape and dimensions
new Donic Dicon ST 5,8 mm; wide 29,8 mm thick 23,8 mm  bad handle shape and dimensions

Feeling is from both blades good but the handle...

I have found in a butterfly store Germany a blade which had the same handle dimensions and shape like my old Donic Dicon ST, just the blade was thicker with 6,1 mm, I bought it of course and changed just the shoulder wide to the same as old Dicon. Now it makes so much fun to play with it, like the old Dicon, the backhand is unbelieveable and the rest also. Believe it or not it plays heavenly.
The blade was a Butterfly Boll Forte Version.

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2016 at 4:34pm
Is this the blade that Waldner used in 1999 WTTC?
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2016 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Blade looks like Dicon, which is the same as wooden construction, but you can't be sure
what is the blade between handles...
I still have the elder version Donic Waldner OFF in AN handle around 6.0mm thickness and 94grams weight.
These blades will never die...

ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2016 at 3:48am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Yes BeaverMD, it seems to be very sure that this is the old Donic Dicon ST blade with the famous small shoulder wide like I have here at home. In that times many top european players used to play with old blades from that time like Stiga with very thin blade thickness like 5,0 mm up to 5,8 mm. Mine is 100% authentic. That blade I have got means heaven to me. I never had again a blade like this in my hand. This is my first and last blade. Somebody should make a lot of copies of it so that everybody can join that blade. For all Banda and old Donic blade lovers - the version of the Donic Dicon I have is unique because of the handle dimensions ,the handle shape and the special small shoulder wide. If I could I would make some tests with this kind of blade but with different shoulder wides.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2016 at 3:52am
I had many old Donic and Banda blades but not one of that blades had that special handle radius and shape and dimensions like this old DOnic Dicon ST with 5,4 mm. The Dicon ST handle was a special development of Waldner himself I think.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2016 at 5:15am
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2016 at 5:34am
Till now I just have found around 2 blades which comes very close to the old Dicon blade belong to the handle shape and dimensions:
an old Donic Persson Powerplay Senso V1 ST from the 90ies nearly exact the same handle shape and dimensions, also the handle length is like old DOnic Dicon with 102,60 mm, it is also curious that the handles from this Powerplay blade have no thumb cut.
Butterfly Boll Forte Off ST maybe 3 or 4 years old

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2016 at 11:02am
Thanks ttspirit and kolevtt for the excellent info. I owned a 90's version Donic Waldner and that thing was so freakin' fast... even faster than any TAMCA blade I ever owned. Or maybe it seemed fast because I wasn't used to the vibration. Even with Tackiness-D, I couldn't control it. Maybe that's why J.O. switched to Dicon?
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2016 at 12:44pm
That blade you had was maybe a Waldner Offensive modell ? If so that blade has more thickness as Donic Dicon. Dicon old has 5,4 mm that blade further up has 5,7 mm and doesn't have Dicon construction. Old Donic Dicon is just Off- all the others are much more stiffer without Dicon System and with more thickness. Veneers are the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic