Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New design Andrzej Grubba blade ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New design Andrzej Grubba blade ?
    Posted: 04/28/2016 at 10:29pm
I just purchased this blade with an ST handle, to try a few new ideas. Actually, the hope was I would be getting the classic looking one, but the new version arrived in the box. In the center of the blade on the forehand side there is a big logo ANDRZEJ GRUBBA. That would be kind of as expected but there is a problem: the inscription (and the big bird beneath) are printed in really thick letters such that one can easily feel the letters with fingers. The print is probably 0.05-0.10 mm thickness... right there , in the center of the blade...Ouch

My question: can this affect control of the blade? I am actually afraid it can.

Edited by JacekGM - 04/28/2016 at 10:32pm
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Sponsored Links

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2016 at 1:43am
Any picture?
kuifje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuifje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2016 at 4:04am
Use some sandpaper?
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2016 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Any picture?
Too late... I glued two rubber sheets right away. You can find the picture at megaspin.com. 
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2016 at 2:36am
i play with same blade 
it's great
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2016 at 6:24am
Is it the same ply composition as the old one? That's a very good inexpensive blade. Accelling in touch and looping.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2016 at 11:24am

I doubt that the printing would have an effect on playing character. If it's a mental thing just sand it off then seal it. The new design cosmetics is a better look than the old.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2016 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by MindTrip MindTrip wrote:

Is it the same ply composition as the old one? That's a very good inexpensive blade. Accelling in touch and looping.
no it's not the same this blade isn't oversized and its a little stiff

rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2017 at 11:15am

Does anyone know where they make this new design Grubba blade? It does not say "Made in Japan".
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2017 at 4:11pm
Because it is not the Japanese version.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2017 at 9:16pm

I just received one. No worries plays fine with logo. This blade works best with medium to hard sponge rubber as soft sponge makes it to soft and feels like your playing with a pillow. Hurricane 8 mid sponge or Sanwei Target National is the bomb for looping.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic