Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diff. b/w P500 with AVX and without AVX stamp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diff. b/w P500 with AVX and without AVX stamp
    Posted: 05/04/2016 at 2:29pm
Hi All,

What is the difference between these 2 P500's?

...Rajd...

My feedback url: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72846&PN=1#893078
Sponsored Links

IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 3:18pm
They are supposed to be the same.

Supposedly Avalox included the changes in order to combat counterfeit products.
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

So both these blades are original? Correct?
...Rajd...

My feedback url: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72846&PN=1#893078
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by rajd1234 rajd1234 wrote:

Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

So both these blades are original? Correct?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by original, but I assume you're referring to the legitimacy of the blades. I'm not sure which of these models were manufactured before the other (or if they were manufactured at the same time, or what) but both of these models should be legitimate Avalox P500.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2016 at 2:18am
You can't tell if it's a genuine one or not, the only way to be sure is to buy from an Avalox distributor (you can find the distributor list on their website). There is a manufacture is China that makes copies of these blades, and there are some online retailers around that sell them (who probably don't even know that they're not genuine).

Read this interview with Avalox / AVX that I did with them, to see some of the dodgy things this Chinese manufacturer has done.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2016 at 7:33am
Well at least the fakes are starting to realize that DHS and butterfly are not the only good table tennis companies out there. I do agree with haggisv-if you want to be sure, buy from an authorized dealer (or buy from a re-saler who first bought from an authorized dealer).
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2016 at 1:12am
If the one on the right was made after the mid 1990's it is a likely a Chinese copy. The AVX branding was introduced to combat fakes.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
haushamerschuah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haushamerschuah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2016 at 5:36am
Avalox first produced blades without stamp on the surface and with different looking handles.

Then they built the blades with Avalox stamp and oval lenses, then round lenses.

Now the blades have the Avalox/AVX stamp. They have always been built the same way. The older ones are more flexible because of their age. If you buy a new AVX version and play with it some month, it get`s much more flexible as at the beginning.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haushamerschuah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2016 at 5:42am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

If the one on the right was made after the mid 1990's it is a likely a Chinese copy. The AVX branding was introduced to combat fakes.

That`s not correct. Both are versions from the last ten years. The Avalox blades from 1990 look like this:
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2016 at 1:27pm
I don't understand your reasoning. 

I mentioned that in the mid 90's Avalox introduced the AVX branding to differentiate their originals from the Avalox China distributor that started making copies. You can read more on Haggisv's links. 

Hence, the blade in the OP on the right is likely a fake.

Your 1990 blade is likely real because at that time of it's manufacture, Avalox did not use the AVX branding.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haushamerschuah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2016 at 2:20pm
Dear iconted,

I do not want to quarrel with you, but again, your statement is not correct.

The blade on the right side is simply older than the left (AVX) one. The right picture is from the homepage of the German table tennis shop Spinfactory. It`s an original blade, only one serial earlier.

http://www.spinfactory.de/hoelzer/p500-off.html

(I hope I am allowed to show this link?)

Both blades are originals.

I don`t mind if you don`t believe me, but many peoples are reading your statement and I don`t want that they are wrong informed.

Look at the Avalox homepage, you can see the same model: (They didn`t change the picture into the new AVX model, it`s an old picture from the serial before)

http://www.avalloavx.com/p500.htm

There are shown two serials: with round and with oval lenses. Every Avalox - Fan, like me, knows this facts.

Believe me, I have bought some of these blades since the beginning of the 90`s, and some items of the right pictures from the european distributer. Over the years I had every serial in my hands.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic