Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga 2016 Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2016 at 2:18pm
updated with reviews
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2016 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

updated with reviews

Thanks for the review yogi!

So looking at Genesis M, does it play more similarly to a Tenergy 80, given it's not as fast as MX-P, throws lower than T05 and the 47ish sponge hardness?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2016 at 11:21pm
T80 still has a higher throw
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2016 at 7:52am
Yogi,

Would like to ask you some questions.

Does the Genesis have the exaggerated catapult effect like Tenergy/Tensor rubbers?

As you mentioned being grippy with less tack. Does the new polyball 40+ slip, when you lift heavy underspins or when you're getting ready for a slow loopkill?

shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2016 at 2:18am
Hi Yogi_bear, Do you have any news about the STIGA Mantra rubbers they seem to be taking a long time to be released. Thanks.

Edited by shaun729 - 09/04/2016 at 4:31am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2016 at 3:36am
A bit delayed probably end of september according to stiga

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2016 at 9:00am
Look what arrived on Friday amongst other things.

p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2016 at 4:11am
Nice set! 
Please share with us how this setup performs for you. Thanks!
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2016 at 7:32am
Jkc, those wavy lines of the emerald going a bit diagonal are beautiful to look at

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2016 at 2:14pm
It is a thing of beauty. The other one is 93g. When made up, one is 181g and the other 183g.
They are Fred's of course, he has had a couple of practices with it and it is obvious that it is an upgrade in both speed and spin to his Clipper with Airoc. He has a big smile on his face when he uses it anyway. Out for a knock now, more detail later.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2016 at 4:21am

A bit delayed probably end of september according to stiga

A shop said they will start shipping on 15 Sept. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2016 at 5:22am
Start shipping from sweden to the shop or ship from the shop to the customer?

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2016 at 6:49am

Start shipping from sweden to the shop or ship from the shop to the customer?

Words from seller so they say shipping on Sept 15 if you believe that. 

Important: This Mantra rubbers are available from September 15.
It is possible to order these rubbers but the actual shipping will take place from this date.
The Canadian Bacon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Canadian Bacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2016 at 11:25am

Edited by The Canadian Bacon - 09/07/2016 at 7:23pm
Danzors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danzors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2016 at 12:35am
I'm looking for a rubber like the Joola Rhyzm, but with a softer feel a slightly more pace. In comparison, I'm finding the MX-P's to be a notch too fast and a notch too catapulty for my taste. Would the Genesis M fit the bill? I'm especially looking to get back the incredible control that the Rhyzm had.

Also, is the Genesis factory-boosted? I'm hoping not... prefer a more linear experience as the rubbers age.

Edited by Danzors - 09/09/2016 at 12:41am
Tibhar KJH
Xiom Vega Pro
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2016 at 2:39am
I think you'll like genesis M. It's a little harder than mxp. has good control good with pushes and punches.. Its spin i guess is comparable to mxp.
Ive only tried my genesis m once still studying it. So far i think its a good fh rubber
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 3:32am
Not sure if it's an administrative oversight, but just to warn people that Structure and Sculpture have both appeared on the withdrawn LARC list and won't be ITTF legal after 31st December 2016.  As things stand, anyway.
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 9:15am
Not a great surprise
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Ladon1997 Ladon1997 wrote:

Not a great surprise

Why?
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 5:01pm
Stiga may not be interested to have market shares in pips , unwilling to renew it . It does not indicate it is illegal nor non-compliance .
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 6:34pm
Anyone tried boosting genesis m?
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 6:42pm
Can you smell china made booster on the sponge ?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Ladon1997 Ladon1997 wrote:

Stiga may not be interested to have market shares in pips , unwilling to renew it . It does not indicate it is illegal nor non-compliance .

They only came out a few months ago. Unusual change of direction.
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 10:57pm
It might possibly be a problem of popularity in market
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 5:32am
Uh-oh:

Mantra has been recalled due to manufacturing QC issues.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 6:40am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Uh-oh:

Mantra has been recalled due to manufacturing QC issues.

Oh noooCry

I was really looking forward to try them. I hoped they finally produced a decent tenergy alternative!
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 7:44pm
Recall means Rubber may endanger human ??
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 5:17pm
Hi Yogi,

my son currently uses H3N commercial on a TSPW.  He seems to be the only cadet or junior I can find that uses this at his level in our country.  I think he has too swing too hard to generate power.  Im not sure it is helping him.  He does get a lot of spin when he swings fast though to be fair.  Part of me thinks it is good for him to use as it must make him stronger, he puts the power in not some tensor rubber.
However i feel a change of rubber would help him, he does like the dwell and control of H3N however and did not enjoy trying tenergy 05fx.
From your review and TTdailys this genesis probably S in 2.0mm looks like it might be a good way to wean him off H3N which i think is quite random in quality.

What would you think??

I am talking FH, I have just put tibhar aurus on his backhand and whilst his touch shots have suffered, he finds it much easier to open up.  Reading these reviews it might be a good rubber fo his backhand too.

whilst i think too many kids use carbon blades and rubbers they cant control too soon, there must be something in it when 99 out of the other top 100 cadets in england are using tensors on fh and carbon generally?

any comments would be appreciated, he is left hander, fh  looper, more of a soinner and counter attacker than all out attack.

is the genesis less sensitive to incoming spin on serve receive tec as i have read from others
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2016 at 1:05am
If you want an alternative to h3 I would suggest getting the tibhar mxs or butterfly spin art at least they are easier to use than the h3 with lesser effort. They are heavy also maybe try change to another 5 ply blade which is lighter because the tspw is heavy unless you will find something like 87 grams which is rare. If it is a stiga blade I would stick with eternity or clipper but do consider the availability of lighter blades. Genesis is ok but is lesser spin than h3. I still would want the max genesis to give you more vicious attacks

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2016 at 3:39am
cheers for the info, maybe mx-s in 2.00mm initially would be worth a try
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic