FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

thanks for the info seguso!   On my faster blade,  I am going to try some FX-S 1.9 on both sides. I just hope it wont be too soft.   Using Vega Japan 2.0 now.   

I have never tried the Sigma 2 Europe and have always wanted to because of the lower through.  Sounds like the EL-S might be a better rubber than S2E for spin?  

Careful... Vega Japan is even harder than el-s (same sponge, 45 deg, but harder topsheet, and it feels).

and Sigma 2 Europe is as hard as vega japan, maybe even harder (again due to the extremely hard topsheet).

Actually I tried sigma 1 europe (which is almost identical to sigma 2 europe) with el-s on the other side. Sigma europe is very similar in grip and throw. Sigma has a bit lower throw but not much, very little. The topsheet of sigma is much harder. And sigma is even slower, with even less catapult. Same (extreme) amount of superficial grip. 

Edited by seguso - 01/02/2017 at 12:18pm
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Sponsored Links

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2017 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

thanks for the info seguso!   On my faster blade,  I am going to try some FX-S 1.9 on both sides. I just hope it wont be too soft.   Using Vega Japan 2.0 now.   

I have never tried the Sigma 2 Europe and have always wanted to because of the lower through.  Sounds like the EL-S might be a better rubber than S2E for spin?  

Careful... Vega Japan is even harder than el-s (same sponge, 45 deg, but harder topsheet, and it feels).

and Sigma 2 Europe is as hard as vega japan, maybe even harder (again due to the extremely hard topsheet).

Actually I tried sigma 1 europe (which is almost identical to sigma 2 europe) with el-s on the other side. Sigma europe is very similar in grip and throw. Sigma has a bit lower throw but not much, very little. The topsheet of sigma is much harder. And sigma is even slower, with even less catapult. Same (extreme) amount of superficial grip. 

Interesting.....glad you tried these various rubbers.  I like the Vega Japan...just need a more tacky/grippier or softer topsheet for better service and brush looping.  I tried Omega V Europe....but felt it bottom out and seemed too mushy to me in 2.0mm.  Plus it is very heavy and that is one thing I like about the Vega Japan, its not too heavy like so many newer ESN's.

Now I wonder if the FX-S will be too soft?   Maybe I should then also try the EL-S.

The sigma rubbers are out then for me if they have harder or thicker topsheets than Vega Japan. 

Edited by Rich215 - 01/02/2017 at 2:16pm
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2017 at 3:11pm

Interesting.....glad you tried these various rubbers.  I like the Vega Japan...just need a more tacky/grippier or softer topsheet for better service and brush looping.  

I think el-s is what you need. (softer topsheet, similar sponge and grip)

fx-s will feel mushy (since you say omega V europe was mushy)

however, el-s might not be grippier than vega japan, in all situations. on backhand openings, probably so. on forehand openings, probably not.

Edited by seguso - 01/02/2017 at 3:12pm
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2017 at 7:22pm
I'm off EL-S and FX-S.

Back on 05fx - just cant cope without that high throw - must be something in my technique.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 5:51pm
Here is my take on the ELS, I tried it on a XIOM OFF S, red 2.1.

First of all, It is definitely not a T05 replacement at all. Nobody should even compare it to Tenergy in any context.

What it is, is an extremely improved and very well usable MXS. They corrected every flaw (low speed, white of the net balls) of MXS with the creation of ELS. It grabs the ball very well but it is very low throw. You can get very good speed out of it on powerloops but the spin is nowhere as near as MXP let alone an Omega IV Europe.

The ELS  is one of the best rubbers for those who do not care so much about spin and base their game on speed and outpowering the opponent. It must be very good with the plastic ball as the ball's flight path is very consistent and it is the more you give the more you get out of kind of rubber.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

First of all, It is definitely not a T05 replacement at all. Nobody should even compare it to Tenergy in any context.

What it is, is an extremely improved and very well usable MXS. They corrected every flaw (low speed, white of the net balls) of MXS with the creation of ELS. It grabs the ball very well but it is very low throw. You can get very good speed out of it on powerloops but the spin is nowhere as near as MXP let alone an Omega IV Europe.

The ELS  is one of the best rubbers for those who do not care so much about spin and base their game on speed and outpowering the opponent. It must be very good with the plastic ball as the ball's flight path is very consistent and it is the more you give the more you get out of kind of rubber.

It would be interesting to see video of your strokes.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Absolutely disagree.
I am currently testing both els and fxs rubber. Seems they are going to be my main setup. Not sure about Xiom OFF s blade. but both on my Maze and Zealot EL-S is very spiny. My partner has noticed it after I changed from Baracuda to El-S. I tried EL-S both on FH and BH and managed to get quite good amount of spin. Throw is not low as you described. I would describe it as Medium.

I might guess you don't get enough spin from EL-S due to XIOM off s. it is classic 5 ply wood which not hard or eaither stiff to get EL-S working. I tested it on classic limba outer 5 ply wood blade Donic Waldner offensive 2016. It feels a bit dead not as spinny as on my current blades. Baracuda is even more spiny on Waldner than ELS.

I will write about ELS and FXS more in detail a bit later since I have break in testing due to injury last month.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 10:54am
Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

Absolutely disagree.
I am currently testing both els and fxs rubber. Seems they are going to be my main setup. Not sure about Xiom OFF s blade. but both on my Maze and Zealot EL-S is very spiny. My partner has noticed it after I changed from Baracuda to El-S. I tried EL-S both on FH and BH and managed to get quite good amount of spin. Throw is not low as you described. I would describe it as Medium.

I might guess you don't get enough spin from EL-S due to XIOM off s. it is classic 5 ply wood which not hard or eaither stiff to get EL-S working. I tested it on classic limba outer 5 ply wood blade Donic Waldner offensive 2016. It feels a bit dead not as spinny as on my current blades. Baracuda is even more spiny on Waldner than ELS.

I will write about ELS and FXS more in detail a bit later since I have break in testing due to injury last month.

Thanks for your info....as I was going to get some baracuda but opted to try the FXS instead.  I have not glued the FXs rubbers up yet....but because of the softer sponge they were at an acceptable weight per uncut sheet...like 65 to 67g both in 1.9/2.0mm.   

So I am wondering what I should expect from getting some sheets of the ELS as far as its weight compared to the FXS?    Is the ELS heavier like the other newer ESN variants....like 70+gr. per sheet?
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2017 at 2:30pm
There is not much difference in weight between FXS and ELS. They are both heavy rubbers like all evolution series.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2017 at 5:11pm
The EL-S works very well as BH rubber on both the MJ-SZLC and the Timothy Boll ZLF.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 4:10pm
So wow! EUREKA!!
After all my hopping around and Ejing, guess what I actually like Evolution EL-s as a fh rubber on TSPW.
When I first tried it coming from 05fx I was not that sure and thought the throw was low and it lacked the get out of jail catapult.
But I have been messing about trying hurricane 3 neo and 2 neo and recently Sanwei National Target.
So after playing pretty well this week with H3N on fh I decided it is still too slow and safe for my game and I miss that direct fast put away shot when the ball is right.
So I whack the evolution EL-S back on the Stratus Powerwood and because I am coming from H3N it does not lack catapult. It does not lack spin. It has plenty of zip on the put away shot.
I don't miss the high throw from 05fx because I did not have it with H3N or STN (Sanwei Target National)
Now I always like new stuff and freshly glued rubbers always seem good but I really think I am going to try and stick to it on my fh on the TSPW.

Really its an epiphany!!

Moral of the story; sometimes don't just try stuff for one session and disregard it, sometimes go back and try it again even a month later.

All hail 'Andy Smith' and his sagely advise!!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 4:24pm
When you see the light and switch to Karis, let me know.  Until then...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 4:39pm

Don't tempt me. I have already been offered a trial sheet. Trying hard to resist!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 4:58pm

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 5:10pm
Don't you just leave Meme's. They really are one of the best things about the internet age!!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2017 at 7:50pm
deleted

Edited by carbon136 - 03/17/2017 at 7:51pm
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2017 at 6:47am
Is anyone still using EL-S, who has made the switch to EL-S permanent?
What is the durability like please?

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 9:17am
Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

There is not much difference in weight between FXS and ELS. They are both heavy rubbers like all evolution series.

The sheets of FX-S I had were not near the weights of the other Evolutions....they were 4-5 grams less in weight.
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 3:06pm
I switched to EL-S on the backhand.  Durability seems respectable so far.  SImialr to MX-S that I've had on the FH for a while and similar to various Tenergies.

I do not practice as much as I used to, so rubbers last for a few months now.
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 5:58pm
EL-S went well on my fh tonight.
It is much more stable and predictable than 05fx.
It is harder work though.
I also think the notch downgrade in speed from Stratus Powerwood to Stiga Allround Evolution helped.

Edited by mog1111 - 05/17/2017 at 6:32am
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 3:42pm
Great to hear about this. I bought els for my fh and fxs for bh. I haven't got the chance to glue them on yet. My old rubbers are still working.

Edited by wanchope - 05/17/2017 at 3:47pm
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 10:48pm
yesterday I played for 3 hours with my old maze + FX S and maxxx p .
FX-S on forehand - I just didn't understand how it works and quickly changed to BH (on drives balls were going to net, maybe I get used to high through nexy zealot with omega v tour)
FX-S on BH that's what I liked. So easy to lift backspin with correct technique. It has very nice sound on medium strokes.
redyborde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redyborde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2017 at 1:17am
Hey guys, how would you compare FX-S against JP-03?   any other upgrade available of JP-03?

Thanks
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2017 at 5:34am
just a quick post about durability of el-s

my el-s now has 50 hours use and i honestly haven't noticed a drop in spin, even though the centre of the rubber looks a bit worn and the edges are really crumbled. i think i'll be able to get at least another 2 months out of it  (assuming the crumbling edges hold up), which would be over 4 months in total, about 100 hours - very pleased and have just ordered two more from tibi (shameless plug for tibi ;)

it's still a bit heavy because i use it on both sides (even though only in 1.9/2mm) but i'm getting used to the weight.

(using it on 92g osp virtuoso-. i have read in a lot of places that el-s seems to be very suited to composite or stiffer blades, but i have great control in short game and blocks on an all wood blade and enormous spin on loops, so ymmv)
regomellor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regomellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2017 at 4:05am
Never tried fx-s but el-s and jp01 are the same rubber or, at least, veeeeery similar, if this helps you to figure out...
regomellor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regomellor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2017 at 4:06am
Originally posted by redyborde redyborde wrote:

Hey guys, how would you compare FX-S against JP-03?   any other upgrade available of JP-03?

Thanks

Never tried fx-s but el-s and jp01 are the same rubber or, at least, veeeeery similar, if this helps you to figure out...
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2017 at 11:05am
I am fond of JP03, especially on BH.  The guy I practice with most uses ELS on both sides, so I've tried it quite a few times.   

I found ELS more spinny (and spin-sensitive) than JP03.  JP03 also has a slightly higher throw and is more forgiving for hitting.  JP03 is also softer.  I find them quite a bit different.  For people who swing wildly and rely on luck more than skill, such as myself, I think JP03 is the better rubber.  For those who like to spin the ball, know how to receive spiny serves, and are silly enough to try to incorporate skill into their game, I'd say try ELS.  
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2017 at 12:57pm
"my el-s now has 50 hours use and i honestly haven't noticed a drop in spin, even though the centre of the rubber looks a bit worn and the edges are really crumbled. "

I usually do not bother putting an edge protector on my rackets. And so, when I glued my first ELS sheet, the borders crumbled somewhat quickly, similar to T05. My second time around I put an edge protector, and the crumbling around the edges has been very limited.

Hope that helps!

FdT
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2018 at 3:48am
So after converting to lp on a TSP balsa been having massive problems. Hurricane too slow, Tenergy way too bouncy and unlinear.

So just as a bit of a shot in the dark I stuck an old sheet of EL-S on it.
Spin is pretty good
Tight game is decent
Hitting is excellent
Looping is good

On the TSP balsa it seems to fall somewhere between Tenergy and Hurricane with some of the advantages of both.
At least I can drive the crap out of the ball when it sits up.
However it is still reasonable in the short game so far.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2018 at 9:49pm
I dislike this whole series of rubbers. I think theyre low quality compared to the newer esn technology.
Which is to say they function well enough, but they weigh like 20-30 grams more per sheet which is too ungainly. If they were some super exceptional rubbers then fine, but they're not.
A sheet that wighs upwards of 75 grams is a bit too much for me.

Also the make is so-so. They all crumble and fray at the edges.

Edited by Lightzy - 01/02/2018 at 9:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic