Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
incarnation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 10:32am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Originally posted by incarnation incarnation wrote:

Can someone please provide a bit more detail comparison between EL-S and T05/T64 in terms of SPEED, SPIN and Durability? Thanks

Although EL-S can be used as a replacement for T80 and maybe T64, it does not play the same.

Differences:
Topsheet grip: EL-S has more topsheet grip as compared to T64.
Topsheet hardness: The topsheet is not as soft as T64. It is significantly harder, even harder than T05.
Throw angle: Throw angle is lower than T64 on counter-topspin. Nearly same throw angle on openings and blocks.
Passive play: Due to more rigid topsheet, passive play is not as easy. The ball sometime does not grip the topsheet as much as you would like.
Speed: A bit slower than T64 and T80 on medium shots. Have to work a bit more for the pace. Equally fast on full shots.
Weight: 3 gms heavier than T64 cut to BTY Head size.
Durability: Used it for close 40 hours now, no big issues yet. Topsheet seems more durable than T64.

Where it is better:
Spin: Higher spin potential, generally higher spin on all shots as compared to T64/T80.
Opening: Easier to open underspin
Smashing: easy smashing
Short underspin game: Not as touchy as T64

What it is not:
A T64 replacement. It can be an alternative, but not a 1-1 replacement.
It might be a T80 replacement on the BH, but I have not used T80 for a few months now.

My recommendation to everyone would be to give it a try if you are looking for a T64/T80  alternative/replacement. At the current price of 30-33 euros per sheet, it is excellent value.

All of this is on the BH on an ALC/ZLC blade. I play H3N on the FH.

Thanks for the detail review. I will have a try then. btw how is it compare to T05. I am currently using Timo boll ZLC with T05 on both forehand and backhand. I really like the grip and spin of T05. and which website do you order EL-S ? thanks lol
Sponsored Links

ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 11:27am
Originally posted by incarnation incarnation wrote:

btw how is it compare to T05. I am currently using Timo boll ZLC with T05 on both forehand and backhand. I really like the grip and spin of T05. and which website do you order EL-S ? thanks lol

Less bouncy as compared to T05 in short game. Needs just a tiny little bit more effort in counters and medium speed shots. A notch slower at full swing compared to T05 and a fair bit lesser spin on loop drives.
The short game and blocking is better than 05.
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2016 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I spent 3 hours with EL-S (max, red) today at the club (so, not enough info yet for a detailed opinion).

Setup 1: Hurricane Long V (90g) / H3 Neo 39 (unboosted) / EL-S (max)
Setup 2: MJ-SZLC / H3 Neo 39 (boosted) / Omega V Europe (max)

Basically, the EL-S is the most T05-like rubber out there by a long mile. A bit softer than T05 and all the ensuing properties of the softness follow (a bit easier to spin than T05, max spin potential reaches at a bit lesser arm speed, etc). Medium-high throw (higher than MX-P). Excellent synergy between topsheet and sponge (much better than that in XVE or Rasant Grip).

By T05-like, I mean that a T05 user would feel at home right away with this one. I never thought MX-P was like T05 at all (MX-P, to me, is closer to a highly boosted H3 Neo).

Cut to a Hurricane Long V (which is a larger blade than the standard Butterfly ones), the EL-S max was 50g including glue (so, not too heavy at all).

It is spinnier than the other 45 degree ESN tensors out there once one uses the sponge (XVE is a shade spinnier if you brush only).

Perhaps, the sponge is 0.5 - 1 degree harder than that of the Omega V Europe. Still, I was hoping that it would be a shade harder than it currently is. My mini-beef with ESN 45 deg rubbers (I saw this in Rakza 9 and XVE - both of which I love when new) is that they become softer after 2 weeks and start bottoming out sooner.

For those who don't know yet, the EL-S has been getting fantastic reviews on the German TT forums. Quite a few players who did not think that MX-P was a T05 quality rubber are now thinking of leaving T05 for the EL-S.

Definitely worth trying!

Have you tried FX-S as well?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2016 at 12:00am
FX-S would be too soft for me.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2016 at 1:57am
To start off, the el-s topsheet is definitely the most spin sensitive of all the new gen 'made for p-ball' rubbers, kinda reminded me of the first time I tried baracuda. Loop-drives are amazing with this rubber, the top sheet and sponge works together pretty well, just like t05, however pure brushy loops arent as good as on t05 or mx-p.

Now the main issue I had was with my serves, no idea why, but I just couldn't put as much spin on the ball while serving short or long as compared to when I use mx-p, aurus, rakza, t05 or even some old gen rubbers like the donic sonex jp. Tried it for quite a few days, gave it a few club mates to try so that I can judge the spin myself, even reglued it once which dint change anything much.

I used to find that I couldn't serve all that well even with the mx-s, but only a small differnce. If mx-p is 10,aurus is 9 and mx-s is an 8 , but I found the el-s to be a 6 or even a 5. I'm still confused why I can't seem to get in some good serves with such a grippy rubber (even my clubbies couldn't)

Serves are a big part of my game so even though I loved the rallying capabilites of el-s, just had to change back to mx-p.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2016 at 7:18am
Tenergy - like rubber but not Tenergy
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2016 at 7:22am
I have just tried a sheet of fx-s on my fh in 1.9.
it is very spinny, I served better than with 05fx.
but I just find the throw to low and then I am scared to really swing with confidence.
I keep trying other stuff on my fh, but I always find 05fx just suits me best.
even though I despise the price and practice of buying tenergy

it just makes it easy to loop if you shots tend to be a bit flat
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2016 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

I have just tried a sheet of fx-s on my fh in 1.9.
it is very spinny, I served better than with 05fx.
but I just find the throw to low and then I am scared to really swing with confidence.
I keep trying other stuff on my fh, but I always find 05fx just suits me best.
even though I despise the price and practice of buying tenergy

it just makes it easy to loop if you shots tend to be a bit flat

Thanks for sharing your experience. I just put a sheet of fx-s on my backhand @ 2.1mm
What a weapon it is! my backhand spin and punch is lethal compared to Rakza X at 2.0mm. I'm actually surprised at how much control I still have on this despite it being so powerful. Will have to see how it plays during match play
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 7:26pm
Just glued 1.9-2.0 ELS on my SSCB ST. First initial impression is that the topsheet is not as grippy as my used MXP.

Overall hardness seems pretty close to my used MXP (which was slightly boosted), a degree softer I guess as stated by the stats.

Overall weight still heavy but feels abit lighter than 1.9-2.0 MXP both sides.

Will test it this Saturday. I feel like I bought into the hype of this rubber, hopefully it won't disappoint me.

Edited by DreiZ - 10/20/2016 at 7:28pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 7:59pm
Softer sponge is certainly lighter than harder one for the same thickness
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 8:14pm
First session with EL-S so here are my impressions.

1.9-2.0mm sponge

Speed: MXP > ELS
Spin: MXP > ELS
Control: ELS > MXP

Rubber feels like a tame MXP; less bounciness, speed, and spin. It doesnt seem to have much factory boosting (or not at all). I can certainly say its a good all around offensive rubber but not a monster like MXP. 

Blocking is easy with it, flipping serves too. Overall hardness actually is not that far from MXP giving that semi-direct feel. Stepping away from the table, it does produce a similar arc to MXP, so i wouldnt call it T05-like, but the arc on MXP feels a bit lower and "tighter". I still prefer MXP away from the table.

Lifting backspin has similar feel, nothing out of the ordinary. What i want to mention is brush looping with ELS seemed harder. I feel that MXP has more surface/topsheet grip.

In terms of spin sensitivity and service, the rubber is not as sensitive to spin as MXP, i also prefer serving with MXP but i may have adapted to it after using it for so many months.

For what its worth, its a good rubber but i wouldnt replace my MXP with it. The reason i bought it was to see if it would make a difference in terms of weight on my 87g SSCB but its not significant enough to outweigh the benefits that come with MXP. 

Thats about it so far.

Edited by DreiZ - 10/22/2016 at 8:19pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
danjacob02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 6:24am
I used to use an EL-S on my Fang Bo ALC... In my experience it's spinnier than both T05 and MX-P. imho
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 10:30am
Originally posted by danjacob02 danjacob02 wrote:

I used to use an EL-S on my Fang Bo ALC... In my experience it's spinnier than both T05 and MX-P. imho

Did you use it in your FH or BH?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

Did you use it in your FH or BH?

I used it on my BH. I got very spinny flicks,pushes,lobs and loops on it. Very good for opening up and receives. Blocks very well. Though I think it's more suited for blades that are hard and that are quite fast as it lacks speed if you'll use it for all out attack. Perhaps in LoopKills, T05 and MXP have the upper hand due to the lack of speed. As their speed give them some "weight" to it as well. I'd say it's best for an All Round attacker or a single wing attacker(FH) who'll use it for the short game and control on the BH. Haven't tried it on a flexy and soft blade though, so I'm not sure how that feels like.

It's actually my favorite rubber for the BH because of the spin and control it provide. Though would like it to be a notch or 2 faster. I like blocking and punch blocking on my BH so I still prefer MX-P over it.

Edited by danjacob02 - 10/24/2016 at 1:38pm
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 1:24pm

It's actually my favorite rubber for the BH because of the spin and control it provide. Though would like it to be a notch or 2 faster. I like blocking and punch blocking on my BH so I still prefer MX-P over it.

So finally your preferred rubber for BH is....LOLWink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

So finally your preferred rubber for BH is....LOLWink

Haha I know I'm contradicting myself. So yeah if using an OFF+ blade EL-S wins. If I'm using an OFF- to OFF blade MX-P wins. LOLLOLLOLClap
Chicobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2016 at 8:22pm
Does anyone have thoughts or comparison between EL-S and FX-P for different strokes?
Stiga Genesis x2 on Nexy Rubicon
Galaxy Moon/Air Illumina Alpha on Andro Temper Tech Off-
USATT 1620...Learning to play vs long pips
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 5:44pm
Ive been trying it today on my blade but didn't like too much as a BH rubber. It's quite sensitive to incoming spin and it's difficult for blocking because of its higher throw angle... I'd rather prefer other low throw not as spin sensitive on my BH.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 10/27/2016 at 5:44pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 1:47am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Ive been trying it today on my blade but didn't like too much as a BH rubber. It's quite sensitive to incoming spin and it's difficult for blocking because of its higher throw angle... I'd rather prefer other low throw not as spin sensitive on my BH.

Perhaps it depends on the blade you use as well. I found my EL-S to be medium throw. What blade did you use it on?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 10:59am
Acoustic
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2016 at 11:20am
I would like to know exactly how many degrees of hardness do they have.

From the harder to the slower...

MXS>MXP>ELS>ELP>FX-S-FXP???

MXP is something around 47°
MXS~49-50°
ELS~45-46°
FXP~40-41°
FXS~42.5?
ELP~42.5°?

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2016 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I would like to know exactly how many degrees of hardness do they have.

From the harder to the slower...

MXS>MXP>ELS>ELP>FX-S-FXP???

MXP is something around 47°
MXS~49-50°
ELS~45-46°
FXP~40-41°
FXS~42.5?
ELP~42.5°?

FXP 39.1-41.1
FX-S 41-43
EL-P 42.4-44.4
EL-S 43.8-45.8
MX-P 45.7-47.7
MX-S 46.3-48.3 

neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2016 at 2:19pm
Hello friends, in net I found some pictures of pips of EL-S and FX-S. Think pips are a little bit wider with a little bit less distance between pips... may be something like t05. See pictures of t05 and old evolution in:
http://tt-maximum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4916.0
Tks. Beer
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 2:39am
El-s pips are indeed similar to that of t05, the spacing and pip length espeically, though the el-s pips might be a tad bit wider. This is why i couldnt understand how some ppl found it insensitive to spin. The top sheet is a bit right and hence might feel a bit non- reactive at soft touches, but you will definitely feel how reactive it is while blocking someone's topspin off a push.

However, even with such a spin sensitive topsheet I still don't understand why it can't produce enough spin in serves.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 6:06am
Hi guys, I am using EL-P on fh, I am looking for something a bit faster but with the same control. Slightly harder is ok. Is EL-S faster than EL-P?

Thanks
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 6:11am
El-s may have a bit more top end speed and spin than el-p, but I guess el-p should be a lot more easier to use in the lower and middle gears. It did work well for me on FH on all attacking strokes, enough speed and spin and kinda felt like I was playing t05 during rallies, but I just can't seem to get used to the kinda right topsheet for my overall game, especially serves.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 6:16am
I think it is a little faster on fast strokes. I had no trouble on serve. I could make really spinny serves
I've just changed to Rising Drangon because I felt it too soft for my FH. I still have it on BH 
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 6:17am
My doubt is... El-s in theory should have even less catapult than El-P, because of the smaller pored sponge. (like MX-S has less catapult than MX-P). I wouldn't like to buy EL-s and discover it is even slower than el-p...
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 6:50am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

Hi guys, I am using EL-P on fh, I am looking for something a bit faster but with the same control. Slightly harder is ok. Is EL-S faster than EL-P?

Thanks

For same hardness as EL-P: Rakza 9 (I liked this more than EL-P, especially with the plastic ball)
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 7:14am
I didn't notice less catapult in EL-S, but each one has their preferences (the same way I didn't notice differences in FX-S and FX-P). I never tried MX-S so I can't compare it to MX-P...
If you could you should try one from a friend

Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

My doubt is... El-s in theory should have even less catapult than El-P, because of the smaller pored sponge. (like MX-S has less catapult than MX-P). I wouldn't like to buy EL-s and discover it is even slower than el-p...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic